DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   An Idea for Bernhard Castiglioni (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37582)

arjunchawda 04-14-2008 08:53 PM

An Idea for Bernhard Castiglioni

Yo, just thought about a little idea...

what if drummerworld had it's own audio streaming streaming service on the forums, and members of the forums could have live drum sessions broadcasted on it...each member could put in a request to play on each broadcast, have 15 min slots? or 30 min slots?

i mean right now, i have my electric kit into my mixer which is going into my pc, so thats a direct feed.....

if people wanted to do this for acoustic drums, and i'm sure as most of you will know, have your choice of mics aroudn your kit and have that going into your mixer and the mixer going into the pc...

just a thought?

Drummer Karl 04-14-2008 09:02 PM

Re: An Idea for Bernhard Castiglioni

Basically I have to admit that I like the idea.
If I understood that rightly, are you talking about something like a small "radio" which has an online stream here?
So every drummer can record something and talk about him-/herself for 15 or 30 minutes?

Like I said, I like the basic idea...maybe Bernhard wanna chip in? I`m not sure whether it is so much work. I`m happy with the site and I think we all don`t want Bernhard to do something additional which is complicated and maybe expencive.

Just my thoughts...

Karl

T.Underhill 04-14-2008 09:15 PM

Donate some major dough and this might come to fruition.

KLittle123 04-14-2008 10:36 PM

Yeah, that sounds like it would need some crazy amounts of cash to do. Sounds expensive.

arjunchawda 04-15-2008 12:05 AM

ahh yehh..well how i had it in mind, is that it's a live radio broadcast...and forum members will be live on air...and can play to whoever's listening....

i don't know of any company which provides such a servicehowever, it's definetely possible.....but if this is considered as a good idea, i guess i could look into it more?

it can't be too expensive...

and i totally agree with you karl, with that in mind, we don't want to cause any more expense to bernhard..he's created a miracle as it is already..

bojangleman 04-15-2008 02:18 AM

i like it...and ppl could have their bands songs on there too...haha

Alex

maddrummr 04-15-2008 05:29 AM

live streams are subject to a lot of bugs getting in. Now if it was pre-recorded...

arjunchawda 04-15-2008 11:20 AM

hhm..what kind of bugs?

pre-recorded just wouldn't be the same...evidently..

the idea is, is that it's supposed to be like a live radio talk show, drummerworld's own channel, and instead of people talking, we have forum members playing for us, (one at a time of course...

maybe drummerworld could have its own skype channel, dunno if that's possible..

Tutin 04-15-2008 06:54 PM

Shotgun on first airtime slot... heheheh

Drummer Karl 04-15-2008 09:45 PM

Arjun, I think that a real live stream will be difficult. What will be if there`s nobody broadcasted at the moment? If there`s something like a streaming service I think a radio playlist which repeats would be less complex. Members could request to talk about themselves and present a or some recordings.

But like it was mentioned: Drummerworld is a paradise and we shouldn`t want more costs. And if we would have to pay that for sure.

My 2 cents...

Karl

bojangleman 04-15-2008 10:59 PM

very true! we are really really lucky to have DW for free!
its a great privalige!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer Karl (Post 430451)
Arjun, I think that a real live stream will be difficult. What will be if there`s nobody broadcasted at the moment? If there`s something like a streaming service I think a radio playlist which repeats would be less complex. Members could request to talk about themselves and present a or some recordings.

But like it was mentioned: Drummerworld is a paradise and we shouldn`t want more costs. And if we would have to pay that for sure.

My 2 cents...

Karl

Alex

arjunchawda 04-16-2008 06:13 PM

precisely, i mean, it was just an innocent idea..

and yes, if it does cause an expense, then forget about it..i wouldn't mind chipping in for a fraction of the expense, but i got my Drum-Tech loan now...lol