DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37187)

rendezvous_drummer 04-02-2008 06:43 PM

I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

Here's the deal. Since October, my band, who is only 6 months old, participated in a Battle of the Bands through a company called Supernova. We came 3rd. In December, we played another Battle of the Bands in December and came first. We were awarded a spot in the Vancouver city wide finals where we came second and was awarded a spot in the Western Canada Online vote. People from all over Canada and USA were allowed to vote for who they thought was the best band in Western Canada (through this company of course). We won that vote. Next we were thrown into the National Online Vote. 12 of the top independant bands out of over 2000 other bands were in this vote.

My band, Grand Theft Radio, WON the Canadian National Vote and is now being flown out to Toronto to play NXNE in June!!! For the past 24 hours, i've had no sleep, haven't been able to sleep.

I posted a thread a while ago asking for your votes. A few of you did, I can only remember Nhzoso and MichaelDrums, but to anyone else who voted, I sincerely thank you all! This festival could very well take out band to that next step.

So again, thank you to everyone who voted for us, and to anyone here who is from Toronto, we'll see you at the show.....possibly!

Muffled Tom 04-02-2008 10:55 PM

Re: I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer (Post 425658)
Here's the deal. Since October, my band, who is only 6 months old, participated in a Battle of the Bands through a company called Supernova. We came 3rd. In December, we played another Battle of the Bands in December and came first. We were awarded a spot in the Vancouver city wide finals where we came second and was awarded a spot in the Western Canada Online vote. People from all over Canada and USA were allowed to vote for who they thought was the best band in Western Canada (through this company of course). We won that vote. Next we were thrown into the National Online Vote. 12 of the top independant bands out of over 2000 other bands were in this vote.

My band, Grand Theft Radio, WON the Canadian National Vote and is now being flown out to Toronto to play NXNE in June!!! For the past 24 hours, i've had no sleep, haven't been able to sleep.

I posted a thread a while ago asking for your votes. A few of you did, I can only remember Nhzoso and MichaelDrums, but to anyone else who voted, I sincerely thank you all! This festival could very well take out band to that next step.

So again, thank you to everyone who voted for us, and to anyone here who is from Toronto, we'll see you at the show.....possibly!

Good job man. Good job indeed.

The best of luck to you at your concert!

TitanSound 04-03-2008 12:45 AM

Re: I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

I voted for you via the facebook messages (from your group) that were sent :)

Good luck and keep on rocking!!!

cavica 04-03-2008 12:46 AM

Thats super cool, congratulations! Good luck with the concert.

gusty 04-04-2008 11:09 AM

Awsome man, congrats.

drumbandit 04-04-2008 03:43 PM

Good luck, will it be on TV?

Tom

michael drums 04-04-2008 04:20 PM

YEAH!!

Way to go, rd! ;-)

Congratulations and Good Luck to you and all of Grand Theft Radio!

Awesome...Play On! :-)

rendezvous_drummer 04-04-2008 09:32 PM

Thanks everyone! It won't be televised, but I've heard from many bands and people who have been to NXNE, that there are tons of record company reps so we'll see what happens there. It's exciting and extremely stressful all at the same time because we are recording our EP in May and would like to have something to give to them, but i'm not complaining.