DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   band name confusion? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36012)

bojangleman 02-27-2008 12:41 AM

band name confusion?

hey guys! my bands name is BROK3N TOMORROW. we play alot of hard rock, metal, and just plain rock. ok. we are in NO way emo. but i liked the name when we came up with it, and i was like...wait, that kinda sounds emo. what do you all think? we dont play emo music, and we are NOT emo...just want to get that across..haha
thanks!

Alex

Muffled Tom 02-27-2008 12:54 AM

Re: band name confusion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojangleman (Post 413840)
hey guys! my bands name is BROK3N TOMORROW. we play alot of hard rock, metal, and just plain rock. ok. we are in NO way emo. but i liked the name when we came up with it, and i was like...wait, that kinda sounds emo. what do you all think? we dont play emo music, and we are NOT emo...just want to get that across..haha
thanks!

Alex

Make the band name BROK3N TOMMOROW [NOT EMO]

That sounds even cooler!

Ironcobra 02-27-2008 01:33 AM

make it...FIXING TODAY!......about the emo part, I think it does sound a little emo. I think mostly because of the "3". BROKEN TOMORROW looks a tad more beefy.

Muffled Tom 02-27-2008 01:35 AM

Does it need to be all caps too?

How about just.. Broken Tommorow?

bojangleman 02-27-2008 02:56 AM

aight guys....that i was we'll prolly do. but ill talk to the guys. Broken Tomorrow is what it'll prolly turn out to be. thanks!

Alex

ps...that still isnt to emo is it?...haha

fourstringdrums 02-27-2008 03:07 AM

I think the 3 is, but the name isn't..but then again I don't know what an Emo band name is supposed to sound like.

Just for the hell of it, spell it BRKN 2MORO

bojangleman 02-27-2008 03:27 AM

hahaha....well, i dont really know if it is how the band sounds that makes it emo...its the lyrics....BRKN 2MORO...haha...thats a good one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 413893)
I think the 3 is, but the name isn't..but then again I don't know what an Emo band name is supposed to sound like.

Alex

Joe P 02-27-2008 03:48 AM

If you're secure in your masculinity, you can wear a pink shirt. If you're secure in your musicality, you can have a band name that might sound emo-ish.

bojangleman 02-27-2008 04:58 AM

that is very true Joe! thanks for that...and i changed it....i like it better.

Alex

burnthehero 02-27-2008 05:26 AM

When I see a band name like BROK3N TOMORROW, I think of a band that got stuck in the transition from nu metal to the current "emo" cliche. You've got a clever misspelling combined with a day of the week.

-Nirvana- 03-09-2008 08:35 PM

hey, i think Broken Tomorrow is a great name,but dont spell it BROK3N TOMORROW it doesnt look good.

bojangleman 03-09-2008 09:17 PM

ya, that is what we changed it too. now its just Broken Tomorrow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by !drummer! (Post 417644)
hey, i think Broken Tomorrow is a great name,but dont spell it BROK3N TOMORROW it doesnt look good.

Alex

-Nirvana- 03-09-2008 10:48 PM

Great! Good choice man!

bojangleman 03-10-2008 02:53 AM

hey thanks man! been a big help!

Alex

-Nirvana- 03-10-2008 04:36 AM

Was it hard to think of that band name,cuz me and my band are having alittle bit off trouble.

bojangleman 03-10-2008 04:57 AM

yah, it is. some people can just think of something right quick and be like...oh ya, that is our name...but over 3/4ths of the stuff we thought of was taken already or was just plain stupid.
we were several...prolly 5 or 6 names before we came up with this one. we'll prolly stick with this one. ;)

Alex

GRUNTERSDAD 03-10-2008 08:29 PM

I would try, I'll Fix It Day After Tomorrow"

DogBreath 03-10-2008 09:10 PM

Good call. Or, "It's Working Properly Right Now, However I Have Some Doubt As To Its Ability To Remain Functional Within The Next Twenty-Four Hours Or So. Perhaps I Should Order Some Spare Parts While I'm Thinking About It."

KLittle123 03-10-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muffled Tom (Post 413845)
Make the band name BROK3N TOMMOROW [NOT EMO]

That sounds even cooler!

Why not BROK3N TOMMORROW [NOT 3MO]

I think this thread is sort of..erm...dumb.

-Nirvana- 03-10-2008 11:27 PM

Hey, BROK3N TOMMORROW isnt emo but it just looks weird kinda like a 6 year old wrote it. But thats my opion!

bojangleman 03-11-2008 12:45 AM

haha..ya..true...the thread has gotten into being dumb...i like it!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by !drummer! (Post 418098)
Hey, BROK3N TOMMORROW isnt emo but it just looks weird kinda like a 6 year old wrote it. But thats my opion!

Alex

-Nirvana- 03-11-2008 04:31 AM

LOL, yea kinda but hey now you have a great band name.

bojangleman 03-11-2008 05:10 AM

haha..true! what are some of the ones you all are looking at?

Alex

-Nirvana- 03-11-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojangleman (Post 418211)
haha..true! what are some of the ones you all are looking at?

Alex

I guess this question is for me lol??
Well anyways um well its a band at my school we are playing covers like: smells like teen spirit (nirvana),blitzcreek bop (the ramones) and so on and we thought of the name The Eclipse but then we didnt like it. So the guitarist/freind though of Teenage Angst so that is what we are using right now. But im not shure of that name yet? I was thinking something like: Teenage Blackdraft or Blackdraft but i dont know its really hard. Do you have any ideas if you can help us thanks.

bojangleman 03-11-2008 11:06 PM

only thing bout that, is if ya'll make it big.. and are like 40...do you still wanna be called Teenage Blackdraft..lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by !drummer! (Post 418327)
I was thinking something like: Teenage Blackdraft or Blackdraft but i dont know its really hard. Do you have any ideas if you can help us thanks.

Alex

rhydianjlewis 03-12-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnthehero (Post 413930)
When I see a band name like BROK3N TOMORROW, I think of a band that got stuck in the transition from nu metal to the current "emo" cliche. You've got a clever misspelling combined with a day of the week.

Agreed.

I don't think you can make it as a band if you have to push away stereotypes about your own band name. Even if your music is great, image and first impressions are a major part of your success.

But then again, thats coming from a guy in a atmospheric/alternative/rock band called Moro Sky (tomorow's sky anyone? :| )

lol

Big_Philly 03-12-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 413893)

Or for some more happiness in the name try BRKN 2MORO LOL!!1

-Nirvana- 03-12-2008 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojangleman (Post 418422)
only thing bout that, is if ya'll make it big.. and are like 40...do you still wanna be called Teenage Blackdraft..lol

Alex

LOL. Thats true. Acually right after i send the reply i started not to like it see how hard it is to find a band name! Do you have any unused band names?

GRUNTERSDAD 03-12-2008 07:41 PM

If its only covers, why not the Kopy Katz.

GRUNTERSDAD 03-12-2008 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath (Post 418018)
Good call. Or, "It's Working Properly Right Now, However I Have Some Doubt As To Its Ability To Remain Functional Within The Next Twenty-Four Hours Or So. Perhaps I Should Order Some Spare Parts While I'm Thinking About It."

Would that fit on the bass drum??

bojangleman 03-12-2008 11:11 PM

haha...maybe on my 24" that is coming..haha..but highly doubtfull

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 418641)
Would that fit on the bass drum??

Alex

Neurotica 03-15-2008 10:10 PM

Doesn't sound exactly like emo but sure does sound like some nu-metal, alternative metal band - yes.