DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Our Wedding Anniversary (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32872)

DogBreath 11-19-2007 06:00 AM

Our Wedding Anniversary

4 Attachment(s)
Lou and I celebrated our anniversary today. She got me three very nice cigars, a Padron 1964 Anniversary Imperial, an Arturo Fuente God of Fire Double Robusto, and an Ashton Virgin Sun Grown Wizard. The first two are great, but that Ashton is a real treat. Aged Dominican tobacco and a wrapper grown on a private estate in Ecuador. It smells like spiced leather. I'm saving the best for last though, so I spent about an hour parked on the couch this morning smoking the Arturo Fuente.

Then she told me it was time to get to work putting her gift together. I bought her a home gym but it was still in the box. It took about two and a half hours to build. Thankfully she stood there and supervised the entire process, including telling me half-way through that we need to move it to three different places so that she could decide where she wanted it. Here are some pictures.

May everyone have the happiness that Lou and I have found with each other.

Ozzy Biz 11-19-2007 06:05 AM

Re: Our Wedding Anniversary

Let me be the first to say congratulations on the anniversary. Hopefully there'll be many more to come.

michael drums 11-19-2007 06:09 AM

Congrats...

DB! And many many more!! ;-)

Oh, And...

Nice smokes! I'm a 'gar man, too! (Cohibas) :-)

maddrummr 11-19-2007 06:14 AM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Class A Drummer 11-19-2007 06:23 AM

Congrats Dog Breath.

Ive just gotta say that blue print thing for assembling the home gym looks incredibly complicated. I say that deserves even more congratulations lol.

drummerchick435 11-19-2007 06:52 AM

Ok, Dog. Now here's a quick quiz. What year is your anniversary? (Now, if you are a real husband you would know that!!! lol!)

DogBreath 11-19-2007 07:40 AM

Um.... four? .

NUTHA JASON 11-19-2007 11:58 AM

congratulations D. my six month just rolled by a few weeks ago.

j

ps: sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. -

Jeff Almeyda 11-19-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer (Post 379690)
Congrats Dog Breath.

Ive just gotta say that blue print thing for assembling the home gym looks incredibly complicated. I say that deserves even more congratulations lol.

Congrats, Bro. I wish you many more.

I have to agree with Class A. I actually cracked up looking at that drawing. It looks like every suburban husband's weekend nightmare.

driver 11-19-2007 05:46 PM

Congratulations DB!

The instructions for that gym looks insane!

KCDrummer 11-19-2007 06:13 PM

Mmmmm......stogies. That's a good woman you got there, DB.

Big_Philly 11-19-2007 06:26 PM

Congratulations DB!

That home gym looks very complicated indeed!

Pinner 11-19-2007 06:45 PM

Congrats to your wife and you!!! Have fun working out together for many years to come.
So did you get married on your birthday or the day before?
Pinner

Mr. Pasquini 11-19-2007 08:33 PM

Gratz man! May your happiness be everlasting.

Drummer Karl 11-19-2007 09:59 PM

Congratulations!! And happy birthday!!

I`m really happy for you having such a good wife and cigars. ;-)

All the best Thomas.

Karl

onemat 11-19-2007 10:05 PM

Hey DB,

Congrats on the milestone. Marriage is the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. When it's good, it's great, when it's not so good... well.... I've made it through 14 years (yells like Sam Kinnison)
Matt

fourstringdrums 11-19-2007 10:17 PM

Congrats DB! You should be proud of yourself that you actually got the gym put together after looking at those directions....lord. I put together a piece of yard equipment a month and a half ago or so that was almost as bad.

I was wondering if anyone else saw the humor or the oddity in buying a gift like cigars for anyone. Just the thought that you will put this thought, time, and money into getting them for someone as a gift, when they're just going to destroy it soon after. :)

Jusstickinaround 11-19-2007 10:17 PM

Were you married in a drum shop? Happy anniversary.

mikei 11-19-2007 11:29 PM

Dog,

Happy Anniversary.

My wife and I are on 3.5 years and happy as could be.

Everyday gets better!!!

For those of you who have a good marriage, cherish it. For those who have a crappy marriage, GET OUT!

Nothing is better than having a great wife.

cnw60 11-20-2007 12:04 AM

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

That's a good trick for never forgetting your anniversary - getting married so close to your own birthday - nice!!!

DogBreath 11-20-2007 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 379887)
I was wondering if anyone else saw the humor or the oddity in buying a gift like cigars for anyone. Just the thought that you will put this thought, time, and money into getting them for someone as a gift, when they're just going to destroy it soon after. :)

Agreed! As I was smoking the first one, my wife asked me if it was worth the cost. I said honestly, no. I don't care how good a cigar is, it's hard to justify paying so much for something that lasts an hour at most. But as a gift...? I appreciated it very much.

drummerchick435 11-20-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath (Post 379698)
Um.... four? .

I detect uncertainty! 50% credit.

SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ 11-20-2007 06:09 AM

Awesome! I love the assembly graphic. Nice looking cigars.

Just Drums 11-21-2007 01:09 AM

Congrats Bro!

I'd like to educate myself a little more with cigars. I can certainly appreciate a good one and smoke one from time to time but my knowledge of cigars goes about as far as the Blunts at the checkout counter at Food Lion or 7-11.

GRUNTERSDAD 11-21-2007 03:49 AM

You need to check and see if you can stream 970wfla.com from the Tampa area Saturday mornings. We have a guy with a 2 or 3 hour radio show just about cigars. try this:

http://www.970wfla.com/pages/local_cigardave.html

Just Drums 11-21-2007 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 380366)
You need to check and see if you can stream 970wfla.com from the Tampa area Saturday mornings. We have a guy with a 2 or 3 hour radio show just about cigars. try this:

http://www.970wfla.com/pages/local_cigardave.html

I was kinda hoping for a Cigars For Dummies book. ;-)

GW Drums 11-21-2007 04:53 PM

Congrats!! Thats great!! I wish you many more happy years together. : )

Working on 18 years myself and have not looked back. I love my wife-she is my soul mate.

LiveGoat 11-23-2007 01:58 AM

Congratulations, DB! Actually I think the idea of cigars is very sweet. Kind of like cooking someone a rare, fabulous meal. It's timeframe is short but it's memory stays with with you.

--LG