DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A Tiny Confession (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32743)

drummerchick435 11-14-2007 02:57 AM

A Tiny Confession
 
Even though I am 18, I still feel like a 13 year old girl who still idolizes teen pop stars and one band that I love is the Jonas Brothers!!! Don't get me wrong, I still like "good" (whatever you call good) music like jazz and stuff.

Anyways, why am I starting this thread? Well...Nick Jonas is a drummer!!! I would love jam with him one day. Just thought I'd let y'all know that a teen pop star is a drummer as well as a guitarist and singer. He's a total hottie too!

*ok teen gushing over*

Here's some sweet vids of his drumming

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGP8Hz7dVpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbB0YXFQ_-c

dizkneelande 11-14-2007 03:33 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
haha! you're such a girl.

drummerchick435 11-14-2007 04:25 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizkneelande (Post 378161)
haha! you're such a girl.

Uh..I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks! Yeah, I'm a 13 year old trapped in an 18 year old's body.

drummerchick435 11-14-2007 04:58 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Oh...and...um...if any of you know them or have connections with them could you hook me up?

Sorry, guys, but I'm just a bit obsessed with them right now. I'm not a fanatic just a BIG fan.

Porker69 11-14-2007 05:12 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
I still dont get why people (girls in perticular) scream violently when they see a celebrity they like.

fourstringdrums 11-14-2007 05:37 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porker69 (Post 378194)
I still dont get why people (girls in perticular) scream violently when they see a celebrity they like.

That will never change. Look at how girls acted in reaction to the Beatles.

No idea who the Jonas Brothers are, checked them out...no real comment. Typical bubble gum pop. I sometimes wonder if the female fans of the band actually like the music or just like the idea that they're 4 (or 5, I wasn't counting) good looking guys with instruments. I never had throngs of screaming girls (or even 1 screaming or semi-interested girl) when I was in a band, so I guess I answered my own question, at least in regards to the "good looking" part. I guess that was my problem, I wasn't :D

rhythmjunkie 11-14-2007 05:49 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Hey, if you wanna Rock like the Jonas brothers, go ahead and make it happen. The world needs more cute girls that play instruments in mainstream rock bands. I'll listen to highly sophisticated music, but I got to say; there's nothing more pleasing (it's tough to find a word to put here) than a bunch of cuties blazin' away at some cheezy bubble gum pop tune. Rock on!

fourstringdrums 11-14-2007 05:53 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmjunkie (Post 378208)
Hey, if you wanna Rock like the Jonas brothers, go ahead and make it happen. The world needs more cute girls that play instruments in mainstream rock bands. I'll listen to highly sophisticated music, but I got to say; there's nothing more pleasing (it's tough to find a word to put here) than a bunch of cuties blazin' away at some cheezy bubble gum pop tune. Rock on!

Meh, I'll pass on that too. That only strengthens the feeling that some have that girls can't play decent music and only get by on their looks. There is too much bubble gum music that it makes me feel like these artists only get into it to be popular, not to make good music.

Porker69 11-14-2007 05:58 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Yeah 4SD, I know it will never stop, I just dont know why one would enjoy being so obnoxious. the Beatles had it the worst though, my dad (Beatle fanatic) told me one of the reasons they stopped touring later was because of the 24/7 screaming.

fourstringdrums 11-14-2007 06:01 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porker69 (Post 378212)
Yeah 4SD, I know it will never stop, I just dont know why one would enjoy being so obnoxious. the Beatles had it the worst though, my dad (Beatle fanatic) told me one of the reasons they stopped touring later was because of the 24/7 screaming.

Yeah, putting the lousy PA's and amps they had to work with when they first came out aside, the screaming was so bad that it was the biggest reason why they couldn't hear each other. I think I read that sometimes they'd each be playing a different song.

fourstringdrums 11-14-2007 06:01 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porker69 (Post 378212)
Yeah 4SD, I know it will never stop, I just dont know why one would enjoy being so obnoxious. the Beatles had it the worst though, my dad (Beatle fanatic) told me one of the reasons they stopped touring later was because of the 24/7 screaming.

Yeah, putting the lousy PA's and amps they had to work with when they first came out aside, the screaming was so bad that it was the biggest reason why they couldn't hear each other. I think I read that sometimes they'd each be playing a different song and not know it.

rhythmjunkie 11-14-2007 06:09 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 378210)
Meh, I'll pass on that too. That only strengthens the feeling that some have that girls can't play decent music and only get by on their looks. There is too much bubble gum music that it makes me feel like these artists only get into it to be popular, not to make good music.

Good music? I accept it as not being, by standards of integrity, good. I feel it is, however, supposed to brighten up your day and force you to appreciate the lighter side of life. There's just something of an aura and spiritually refreshing nature that goes with dumb, "poppy", "'snappy", music with girls pulling the strings. It makes me say Chic Corea?, Who? for a short while. However, I couldn't live off a steady diet of it. But once in a while I welcome board room produced tunes with open and appreciative arms. But I do get your point.

jjmason777 11-14-2007 06:13 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435 (Post 378173)
Uh..I'll take that as a compliment! Thanks! Yeah, I'm a 13 year old trapped in an 18 year old's body.

Well, at least that's better than an 18 year old trapped in a 13 year olds body!

sio_13 11-14-2007 12:43 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
I would like to hear a copy of the album without auto-tune and beat detective (quantizing).

rhythmjunkie 11-14-2007 03:22 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjmason777 (Post 378218)
Well, at least that's better than an 18 year old trapped in a 13 year olds body!

jj, you're one of the funniest persons I've come across in a while!

rhythmjunkie 11-14-2007 03:25 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sio_13 (Post 378293)
I would like to hear a copy of the album without auto-tune and beat detective (quantizing).

You look like Kim Thompson in your picture. I thought it was her for a minute and I got all giggley. I was like yayh! I'm gonna' talk to Kim Thompson! You should check her out, she's real nasty! (in a good way)

LiveGoat 11-14-2007 10:04 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Just watched the clips. He seemed fine to me. I mean how is a drummer SUPPOSED to play that kind of music (pop/rock)? As to their looks. It sells. Drummers don't have to worry so much but I think there's something to be said about the frontman/woman needing a certain amount of charisma and looks. It sells records. Whenever I auditon for bands I always scrutinize the person who fronts the group. Is he or she got charisma? Will they engage an audience? They have to be good musicians, of course but a combination of looks and personality certainly helps.

As far as feeling weird being ga-ga over a rockstar. Don't. I have a friend who's nearing 50 and whenever the subject of the Monkees is brought up she turns into a babbling teenager and goes on and on about (frigging) Davey Jones! I'm the same way when it comes to Julianna Hatfield and the Breeders-era Deal sisters. Crushes are meant to be silly and fun. Oh god, did I just say that?! I need to go drink whiskey and shoot some guns. I'm sounding like a chick!

---LG

sio_13 11-14-2007 11:34 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmjunkie (Post 378326)
You look like Kim Thompson in your picture. I thought it was her for a minute and I got all giggley. I was like yayh! I'm gonna' talk to Kim Thompson! You should check her out, she's real nasty! (in a good way)

yeah thanks for sayin i look like a chick...

drummerchick435 11-14-2007 11:39 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 378210)
Meh, I'll pass on that too. That only strengthens the feeling that some have that girls can't play decent music and only get by on their looks. There is too much bubble gum music that it makes me feel like these artists only get into it to be popular, not to make good music.

I won't say I'll pass but I won't stick to playing bubble gum music forever. It'll be nice for a few years, living in the limelight of Hollywood, but as everything gets, it'll get old. I'll use it as just another step in my procession of musical achievements...looks good for your resume, playing in front of at least 10,000 people every night for at least 3 months. I also think that all musicians should be able to play any kind of music and open minded.

drummerchick435 11-14-2007 11:43 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveGoat (Post 378455)
Just watched the clips. He seemed fine to me. I mean how is a drummer SUPPOSED to play that kind of music (pop/rock)? As to their looks. It sells. Drummers don't have to worry so much but I think there's something to be said about the frontman/woman needing a certain amount of charisma and looks. It sells records. Whenever I auditon for bands I always scrutinize the person who fronts the group. Is he or she got charisma? Will they engage an audience? They have to be good musicians, of course but a combination of looks and personality certainly helps.

As far as feeling weird being ga-ga over a rockstar. Don't. I have a friend who's nearing 50 and whenever the subject of the Monkees is brought up she turns into a babbling teenager and goes on and on about (frigging) Davey Jones! I'm the same way when it comes to Julianna Hatfield and the Breeders-era Deal sisters. Crushes are meant to be silly and fun. Oh god, did I just say that?! I need to go drink whiskey and shoot some guns. I'm sounding like a chick!

---LG

Nick Jonas, the drummer, is a front man as well. He was the JB (Jonas Brothers) drummer when they first started, but now he's a guitarist and singer. Most people think he's the cutest one, but I think Kevin's the cutest

TopCat 11-14-2007 11:44 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Someone give me back that 30 seconds or so.

Guillermo 11-14-2007 11:51 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Ha, ha, ha... it is not weird at all... men, for instance are kids forever... that connection to letting go and being a bit naive sometimes is something positive for an artist to do, in my opinion.

drummerchick435 11-15-2007 04:06 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Thank you all so much for not giving me "The Jonas Brothers suck! Stop wasting your time." bullcrap. I was very insecure about it considering my age. I don't want to be a music snob because it turns some people off.

aydee 11-15-2007 04:27 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
I all for tasting all the flavors in the ice-cream parlour. Snobbery is for closed minds.

Class A Drummer 11-15-2007 04:30 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
I mean, he is no bonham, but he does the job for the type of music he plays. I realized most of that type of music is based upon the vocalist, because most of the guitar playing is just power chords and stuff, and the drums are generally snare 2 and 4 stuff.

W/e he does the job.

Porker69 11-15-2007 05:11 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435
Most people think he's the cutest one, but I think Kevin's the cutest

I dont know why I keep laughing at that, but I guess saying that in such a male dominated forum was so out of place it cracked me up. Like seeing Woody Allen at the Apollo or something

PineyplayParadiddles 11-17-2007 04:20 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopCat (Post 378497)
Someone give me back that 30 seconds or so.

Hahahaha!
Good one TopCat.

drumr0 11-17-2007 04:46 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
The Jonas Brothers...Not so bad...But don't get me started on the Naked Brothers Band. (Come on Nickelodeon what were you thinking?!)

I don't voluntarily watch this, I have kids.... and the tv is either on Disney or Nick 90% of the time.

fourstringdrums 11-17-2007 04:59 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumr0 (Post 379297)
But don't get me started on the Naked Brothers Band. (Come on Nickelodeon what were you thinking?!)

Don't get me started either. I don't have kids and haven't actually seen a full "episode", but the commercials that come on when I'm trying to watch Spongebob are really getting old.

Do they even play their own instruments? I'm willing to bet not.

drumr0 11-17-2007 08:04 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums (Post 379300)
Do they even play their own instruments? I'm willing to bet not.

You would win that bet...They do not.

drummerchick435 11-17-2007 08:28 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumr0 (Post 379297)
The Jonas Brothers...Not so bad...But don't get me started on the Naked Brothers Band. (Come on Nickelodeon what were you thinking?!)

I don't voluntarily watch this, I have kids.... and the tv is either on Disney or Nick 90% of the time.

The NBB (Naked Brothers Band) isn't good either. The singer's voice really bothers me.

Porker69 11-18-2007 04:10 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by fourstringdrums
Don't get me started either. I don't have kids and haven't actually seen a full "episode", but the commercials that come on when I'm trying to watch Spongebob are really getting old.

Aren't you almost 30? Just tell me your under the influence of something illegal.

Not trying to be an jerk but I just got cable a few years ago so I never watched any of these shows/channels as a kid, so I'm kinda ignorant.

fourstringdrums 11-18-2007 04:14 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porker69 (Post 379454)
Aren't you almost 30? Just tell me your under the influence of something illegal.

Not trying to be an jerk but I just got cable a few years ago so I never watched any of these shows/channels as a kid, so I'm kinda ignorant.

I'm going to be 27 in February. Both me and my wife watch Spongebob mainly due to my sister's influence. She has two young boys and they watch it and she kept telling me to check it out. I finally did and we actually find alot of the episodes pretty funny.

You're never too young to still act like a kid.

If watching Spongebob, the Muppets, *OLD* Sesame Street (pre-elmo), Fraggle Rock, and Disney Movies is wrong...

Porker69 11-18-2007 04:33 AM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
No it's not wrong, just... I don't know, a little odd. I guess that's because Sponge Bob just annoys me and most of my family hasn't really come out of the 60's yet, most of my aunts and uncles don't have TVs. I'm a little weird for my generation though, I don't like cell phones, no myspace/facebook, and I listen to Lightnin' Hopkins and most everything that isn't popular

drumr0 11-18-2007 04:42 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
I love Spongebob...Rock Bottom is my favorite episode..

pppfffffppbbbbbbbbttttt!!! If you have seen it you know what it means!!

Big_Philly 11-19-2007 06:32 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Being a 13-yr old in an 18-yr old body might be a bit annoying from time to time, but think of how it'll be when you're 40: you'll still feel like 25.
You might start to sag at that age, but hey, at least you feel like you're 25 :p

skippy 06-02-2008 11:57 PM

Re: A Tiny Confession
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumr0 (Post 379547)
I love Spongebob...Rock Bottom is my favorite episode..

pppfffffppbbbbbbbbttttt!!! If you have seen it you know what it means!!

word. i love me some spongebob sirs.but now that i have a nephew i have a real reason to watch it.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com