DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Drumming Workout (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32585)

GRUNTERSDAD 11-08-2007 03:07 PM

Drumming Workout

Pheeeww. I downloaded a 32 song album from iTunes of the group, Blood, Sweat and Tears, old stuff I drummed to decades ago, and wow. What a workout. Playing from memory this pop/funk/jazz stuff was fun. Now I'm out breath. Much easier when I was younger. Check out this band if you want a challenge. Bobby Colomby on drums. Good stuff.

aydee 11-08-2007 03:14 PM

Re: Drumming Workout

Someone is waiting just for you
spinning wheel is spinning true
Drop all your troubles, by the river side
Catch a painted pony
On the spinning wheel ride

COOL!

That must have been so much fun working thru those horn riffs!

GRUNTERSDAD 11-10-2007 02:38 AM

Just re-discovered one of my favorite bands, Love the brass and the drummer is fantastic. Brings back the old days. And I brought out the WD-40 for the rust. But lots of fun.

fourstringdrums 11-10-2007 02:43 AM

I'm too young to have grown up on BS&T but my dad had the first record I believe..the album with Smiling Phases, Spinning Wheel etc.. I think I have the CD some where now.

For me, they used to be very frustrating to play a long with, but I should dig them out now that I can appreciate to play more simplistic versions of the tunes.

DogBreath 11-10-2007 02:52 AM

Wow, great memories. Off to add some songs to my download list...

cnw60 01-04-2008 09:59 PM

Good call - I grew up on these guys - BST and CTA were the two that really started to open my eyes about how a drummer could open up musically beyond just the standard rock/pop fare.

funny thing though - I was just looking at Bobby Colomby's DW page and he's asked which BST music he liked the best and his reply was, "I would say that the second and third albums would offer the least amount of pain if I were forced to listen." I guess most of the time, we're our own worst critics.... ;)

OldStampK 01-09-2008 01:57 AM

Don't forget BS&T's first album with Al Kooper. My fave by far.

Pinner 02-01-2008 04:32 AM

So you had fun I take it.
I have the best of Blood Sweat and Tears. "These Eyes", is such a great song. Not that I am old, I just like a lot of styles of music. I swear I have an older brother who is 56.
What are you going to play to next? The Who?The Turtles?The Byrds? All great bands.
Pinner

GRUNTERSDAD 02-01-2008 05:27 PM

Well I just download the Best of Barenaked Ladies. 19 songs for 9.99 iTunes. Canadas, comical, fun group. Some good stuff here. Not too old but a lot of variety if you are tired of drumming tot he same old stuff.

hawk9290 02-01-2008 08:00 PM

haha, I was just playing along with some BS&T the other day. I always love that drumming, its classic sounding, but the beats are really intricate and subtle.