DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   john butler trio (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32573)

moe.ron 11-08-2007 02:50 AM

john butler trio

i remember seeing someone of here to drummed for the john butler trio does anyone know who it is? i could be confusing it with someone else but i can't remember. anyway what are everyone's thoughts on this band?

Ozzy Biz 11-08-2007 02:53 AM

Re: john butler trio

A great independent Australian blues & roots band. The drummer is a guy name Michael Barker. I saw them live a year or two ago and they put on a great show

moe.ron 11-08-2007 03:23 AM

yeah i found out it was michael barker but i could have sworn someone else on here played with him...maybe not

drozzy 11-08-2007 09:42 AM

Seen them live a few times. Their live shows are some of the best i've seen. spectacular.

Michael Barker is also a very nice drummer, the way he incorporates a lot of percussion groove to get that 'jam-band' vibe is quite cool!

moe.ron 11-11-2007 08:53 PM

i like a lot of their songs but some lost their pizazz after i continued listening. the two songs i can't get enough of are better than and the live ocean version at st gallens

lewisn27 12-04-2008 12:01 AM

I love John butler, iv'e got the grand national album, very good album.
If you like John Butler, you should listen to Jason Mraz.

zzdrummer 12-04-2008 12:20 AM

They are amazing, I love both the albums I have, sunrise over sea and grand national, and they never get old. Also, I have seen them live and the whole band is amazing, john butlers solo "Ocean", the drum solo during Good Excuse with the whole band on percussion, and really tastefully done, I think Micheal Barker is a groovemaster also. I saw him outside the show but didn't realize until after he was gone. Sighhhh :(.

oops 12-04-2008 02:55 AM

Michael Barker is my hero.

Pretty sure Nicky Bomba recorded with JB, and someone else may have played with him before that, but Barker's been with him for quite a while now (5 years or so I think).

zzdrummer 12-04-2008 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 510097)
Michael Barker is my hero.

Pretty sure Nicky Bomba recorded with JB, and someone else may have played with him before that, but Barker's been with him for quite a while now (5 years or so I think).

He is a fellow Australian, you are lucky I've only heard of Ben Lee and John Butler Trio form Australia, I've always wanted to check out more of the music scene there. I think Ben Lee's Australia? Right?

oops 12-04-2008 06:36 AM

Ben Lee is indeed Australian.

Other notable Aussie artists are... ACDC. Don't have any others right now, cept that Flea (RHCP) was born in Aus, and owns a house here.

oops 12-04-2008 06:37 AM

Oh... And INXS. And Men At Work.

lewisn27 12-04-2008 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzdrummer (Post 510056)
I think Micheal Barker is a groovemaster also.

I agree