DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30968)

bonzolead 09-12-2007 05:11 PM

Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
This just in only one gig in London no tour for the remaining Zeppelin cats hopefully they will at least make a DVD out of it.

Bonzolead

TenPastTen 09-12-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
WHAT?!?!? A gift from the hammer gods! More details, I beg you. Or at least show me where to find them. I"m reeling!

bonzolead 09-12-2007 05:44 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenPastTen (Post 359429)
WHAT?!?!? A gift from the hammer gods! More details, I beg you. Or at least show me where to find them. I"m reeling!

You can just go to www.msn.com for the full details.
at least they're getting together for one show.

Bonzolead

TenPastTen 09-12-2007 06:24 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Thanks, I did a google search after I regained my composure and caought a few details. Now if I can just sell a kidney...

bonzolead 09-12-2007 06:44 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenPastTen (Post 359441)
Thanks, I did a google search after I regained my composure and caought a few details. Now if I can just sell a kidney...

yea nice I live in Michigan so i'm wondering which arm or leg they're wanting LOL

Bonzolead

mikei 09-12-2007 06:55 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
I am not too excited about this gig. Plant and Page are just shadows of what they were. Their musical abilities were so much a part of the music. They sounded pretty bad when Phil Collins played with them in the early eighties soon after Bonham's death. They have deteriorated significantly since then.

I love Kiss also but their music isn't demanding. Even when all 4 original members rejoined in the mid 90s, they did OK. First the music is very elementary to play and they got to wear make up. Same with the Stones. Basic, great music. Jagger is in great shape still.

Zep's musicianship is essential to pull off all but their most basic songs. After hearing plant and page as of late, it is going to be incredibly sloppy unless the play Kashmir over and over.

I love Zep, but this one they should have left alone. Let the coverbands who mimic them continue to play their stuff for the fans. They do a much better job of it.

However, I hope I am proved wrong. I hope they light it up and it takes me back to yesteryear.

michael drums 09-12-2007 07:28 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Really?


No tour?!! :-(

Talk about gettin' all excited for nothin'! Damn!

That woulda' been somethin' to see...Play On! ;-)

bonzolead 09-12-2007 08:06 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 359450)
I am not too excited about this gig. Plant and Page are just shadows of what they were. Their musical abilities were so much a part of the music. They sounded pretty bad when Phil Collins played with them in the early eighties soon after Bonham's death. They have deteriorated significantly since then.

I love Kiss also but their music isn't demanding. Even when all 4 original members rejoined in the mid 90s, they did OK. First the music is very elementary to play and they got to wear make up. Same with the Stones. Basic, great music. Jagger is in great shape still.

Zep's musicianship is essential to pull off all but their most basic songs. After hearing plant and page as of late, it is going to be incredibly sloppy unless the play Kashmir over and over.

I love Zep, but this one they should have left alone. Let the coverbands who mimic them continue to play their stuff for the fans. They do a much better job of it.

However, I hope I am proved wrong. I hope they light it up and it takes me back to yesteryear.

I seen Plant on his last solo tour he did about 6 Zep tunes sounded great,I seen Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes sounded great,I've seen Page & Plant sounded great also I do agree through when I seen Page with the Firm he was sloppy then and the Live-Aid stuff was sloppy also but I think you will be shocked with this gig ever since Page has cleaned up his act he's back to his old self again it's just cool that Plant,Page & Jones are on good terms again and with Jason no less even if they start rehearsing now that give them 2 months too work the bugs out I think everybody is gonna be shocked.It would be too cool if this turns out like Cream did a while back started out a 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and that turned into a world tour oh lets us hope.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

Jon Cable 09-12-2007 11:06 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
one night with Zep headlining; tickets by ballot!!! Register at ahmettribute.com, gig is a tribute to guy who started Atlantic and Zep [with Jason] are headlining, which suggests they aren't the only guys on the bill!! Only 20,000 tickets available to see the destruction of a legend......

drum.lad 09-12-2007 11:14 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
pete townshend is supporting as well as two others i would love to go to see jason play moby dick but an aged zepp may be kinda sad to see

mikei 09-13-2007 02:02 AM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bonzolead (Post 359465)
I seen Plant on his last solo tour he did about 6 Zep tunes sounded great,I seen Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes sounded great,I've seen Page & Plant sounded great also I do agree through when I seen Page with the Firm he was sloppy then and the Live-Aid stuff was sloppy also but I think you will be shocked with this gig ever since Page has cleaned up his act he's back to his old self again it's just cool that Plant,Page & Jones are on good terms again and with Jason no less even if they start rehearsing now that give them 2 months too work the bugs out I think everybody is gonna be shocked.It would be too cool if this turns out like Cream did a while back started out a 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and that turned into a world tour oh lets us hope.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead

Sounds like I might be proved wrong. I hope so!!!

I didn't know they were sounding good on that last tour. I apologize for the ignorant comments

michael drums 09-13-2007 03:24 AM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Cable (Post 359519)
one night with Zep headlining; tickets by ballot!!! Register at ahmettribute.com, gig is a tribute to guy who started Atlantic and Zep [with Jason] are headlining, which suggests they aren't the only guys on the bill!! Only 20,000 tickets available to see the destruction of a legend......

Oh, Ok Jon! Thanks for the info...


Though, I don't think I'll be makin' it to the show! :-(


But it's gonna be a blast, I bet...Play On! ;-)

Oh, wait...did you say "destruction of a legend?"

bonzolead 09-13-2007 03:46 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 359580)
Sounds like I might be proved wrong. I hope so!!!

I didn't know they were sounding good on that last tour. I apologize for the ignorant comments

No big deal i'm just glad John Paul Jones & Jason are jammin with Page & Plant It's how it should be.

Bonzolead

Muckster 09-13-2007 04:46 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Nope.....sorry, can't get into it. It's one thing to replace a member of a group and carry on but not after almost 30 years and with such a legacy.

What's next ? Paul and Ringo reform the Beatles? or better yet they enlist Todd Rundgren and form "The New Beatles."

bonzolead 09-13-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Muckster (Post 359712)
Nope.....sorry, can't get into it. It's one thing to replace a member of a group and carry on but not after almost 30 years and with such a legacy.

What's next ? Paul and Ringo reform the Beatles? or better yet they enlist Todd Rundgren and form "The New Beatles."

It doesn't. matter if it's 10 yrs. or 30 yrs. this is the closest to the original Zeppelin without bringing John back from the dead.excuse me for being a true Zeppelin fan of course there not 30 yrs. younger but they still created the music.give credit where credit is due.

Bonzolead

TitanSound 09-14-2007 09:18 AM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
It has been said in the press here that if the show goes well for the band then a tour might not be far off...

michael drums 09-14-2007 03:55 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanSound (Post 359922)
It has been said in the press here that if the show goes well for the band then a tour might not be far off...

Oh Really??

Well...I hope the Zep guys are thinkin' the same. That would be HUUUGE, to say the least!

Thanks for that heads-up, Titan! ;-)


...Play On!

nebula821 09-14-2007 04:19 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
why wouldn't they tour?.....ch-ching!!! $$$$$

TitanSound 09-14-2007 04:29 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Well tbh if I was in a band that massive and I knew how loved the band was, I could not tease my army of fans with one measly show. One last world tour to call it a day and play too as many people as possible would be in order!

I don't really think they need the money though. More than 300 million albums sold worldwide is quite a lot ;)

jonescrusher 09-14-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
I doubt they've got the inclination to go through the stress and bother of anything more than one show, which they've said they're only doing in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun (sp).

I agree that it is disappointing, particularly as this show is necessarily an industry orientated affair ie. too many tickets being allocated to corporate hospitality and industry dickheads, whilst the plebs are left to fight it out for whats left of the tickets.
It would be a nice to gesture to their army of loyal followers to make the effort for them. A week of shows at the new Wembley would kick arse.

bonzolead 09-14-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonescrusher (Post 360005)
I doubt they've got the inclination to go through the stress and bother of anything more than one show, which they've said they're only doing in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun (sp).

I agree that it is disappointing, particularly as this show is necessarily an industry orientated affair ie. too many tickets being allocated to corporate hospitality and industry dickheads, whilst the plebs are left to fight it out for whats left of the tickets.
It would be a nice to gesture to their army of loyal followers to make the effort for them. A week of shows at the new Wembley would kick arse.

It would be nice if they did what Cream did 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and a mini US tour.Just as long as they can get within a 500 mile radius from Detroit.I'll start praying tonight LOL.

Bonzolead


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com