DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Silverchair's new album (mainly for the Aussie folks) (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29578)

sio_13 08-03-2007 10:54 AM

Silverchair's new album (mainly for the Aussie folks)

Any thoughts on Silverchair's new album, "Young Modern"? I've been a big fan since they reached mediocre stardom in the states, and love their progressions as a band. A friend of mine did some studio work in Sydney and said the album was huge, so I'm sure those of you around the area know of it... Unlike the US when they say "Silver who? You mean the like the C.S. Lewis book?".

TitanSound 08-03-2007 11:20 AM

Re: Silverchair's new album (mainly for the Aussie folks)

I am going to see them next Friday. Acid Rain was one of my fave tunes way back when :)

Ozzy Biz 08-03-2007 12:59 PM

I don't like the way they've progressed. I don't rate their new album at all really. Give me Frogstomp and Freak Show anyday, I love their old stuff.

TopCat 08-03-2007 01:12 PM

I thought they had stopped for good with the singer's health issues.

nebula821 08-03-2007 02:55 PM

I didn't realize they were still together. Me and some friends used to play the heck out of "tomorrow." I'm going to have to check out the new stuff. Neon ballroom was starting to go in a different direction, but I think progression is a good thing.

Anchein Vouivra 08-03-2007 07:56 PM

I've stopped listening to them since Diaorama. There's an Australian guy at my work that played their new hit (Straight Lines) on repeat every day and it made me sick, I can't stand Daniel John's singing anymore. Their first two CD's were incredible rock albums especially Freak Show. Neon Ballroom was also pretty much of a massive piece of innovative rock.
I feel they have evolved a bit like the Red Hot Chili Peppers, their new stuff just doesn't touch me anymore.

harryconway 08-03-2007 08:26 PM

I've got Frogstomp, the rest of their albums I left back on the shelves of the store.

rendezvous_drummer 08-04-2007 07:22 AM

Doesn't compare to their older stuff. There sound is much more "mature" ye could say. I don't mind their new single "Straight line" though.

BrokenGlass 08-04-2007 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy Biz (Post 343737)
I don't like the way they've progressed. I don't rate their new album at all really. Give me Frogstomp and Freak Show anyday, I love their old stuff.

agreed. Frongstomp has been one of my favorite albums since it came out.

sio_13 08-04-2007 09:24 AM

yeah frogstomp was great, especially since they were 15 when they recorded it. I tend to lean more towards neon ballroom and diorama- theres so much maturity and creativity put into them. But to each his own, right?

chuzwazza 08-04-2007 10:36 AM

yeah, I agree with ozzy Biz, so do alot of others down here I guess. I do appreciate that bands mature and as a result expirement, but what can i say, im a rock guy :) . Ive always rated Ben Gillies as a drummer, but I think soprano kits should sound much better than what his does.