DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Epiphanys (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28881)

ZildjianMan1023 07-14-2007 03:34 PM

Epiphanys

so there is this girl right whom plays the drums.. and she always feels superior to me in playing so we decided to have a drum off.. but outside of drums i guess you could say were friends i mean were cool and all.. so yesterday were talking and i just had an epiphany right then and there i was like.. hmm i dont have to prove anything

brittc89 07-14-2007 06:53 PM

Re: Epiphanys

You are very right, music is not a competition, its a sharing of ideals. Its the international language yet so many people (including myself until recently) still feel like they need to treat like some football game where you have to be better than everyone else. Just do your own thing and the music will flow.

DestinationDrumming 07-14-2007 06:54 PM

Hey fella, If you like her just ask her out!

Lot less hassle than a drum off!

ZildjianMan1023 07-14-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming (Post 335400)

hahaha.. no no no.. were just friends.. i just wish shed respect the fact that i dont suck

baz 07-14-2007 08:24 PM

...don't have to prove anything...

She must have really kicked your butt.

barry

tamadrummer132 07-14-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baz (Post 335431)
...don't have to prove anything...

She must have really kicked your butt.

barry

lmao

Michael G 07-14-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 335348)
so there is this girl right whom plays the drums.. and she always feels superior to me in playing so we decided to have a drum off.. but outside of drums i guess you could say were friends i mean were cool and all.. so yesterday were talking and i just had an epiphany right then and there i was like.. hmm i dont have to prove anything

So who won the drum off?

That Guy 07-14-2007 10:20 PM

Did you throw down some good ole (payola) beats? *Just had and idea for a thread topic*

DestinationDrumming 07-14-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 335426)
hahaha.. no no no.. were just friends.. i just wish shed respect the fact that i dont suck

She's probably insecure about her own playing and thinks that by criticising you it will put you off the scent! Or she's a big headed cow in which case she ain't worth bothering about!

fourstringdrums 07-14-2007 10:53 PM

You don't have to prove anything. I've always had the attitude of "You probably are better than me". I don't need to prove anything, and I could care less if someone is better than me or not.

ZildjianMan1023 07-14-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming (Post 335474)
She's probably insecure about her own playing and thinks that by criticising you it will put you off the scent! Or she's a big headed cow in which case she ain't worth bothering about!

lmao.. the drum off never took place.. but i mean all of my bandmates and freinds consistently tell me that id kill her in a drum off and shes heard me play before so im thinking its insecurity.. its odd though when i was going to talk to her about the drum off she totally changed subject wowzas

Michael G 07-14-2007 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 335483)
lmao.. the drum off never took place.. but i mean all of my bandmates and freinds consistently tell me that id kill her in a drum off and shes heard me play before so im thinking its insecurity.. its odd though when i was going to talk to her about the drum off she totally changed subject wowzas

That means you have the leverage.

Drum off! Film it and put it on youtube.

ZildjianMan1023 07-15-2007 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothJazz (Post 335488)
That means you have the leverage.

are you kidding me ppl will be placing bets and what not.. haha it should happen and then ill post it on youtube guys =)

stasz 07-15-2007 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationDrumming (Post 335400)

I beg to differ...

YEM

ZildjianMan1023 07-16-2007 03:16 AM

yem? im horrible with acryonyms

stasz 07-16-2007 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 335897)
yem? im horrible with acryonyms

That's my screename, I saw your thread about acronyms, actually.

Acronyms can get annoying... IMHO.

YEM

(lol)

ZildjianMan1023 07-17-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself (Post 335956)
That's my screename, I saw your thread about acronyms, actually.

Acronyms can get annoying... IMHO.

YEM

(lol)

hardy har har .. why does it have to be twenty characters anyway?

stasz 07-17-2007 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 336308)
hardy har har .. why does it have to be twenty characters anyway?

I wouldn't know... I guess so you don't go around having one-syllable replies, but you'd have to ask someone with a little more knowledge about the history of DW.

It has really become a staple of the forum to fill up the twenty characters though. I want to meet the member that's never done it.

Come to think of it, I've never seen DrummerKarl say it...

YEM

jonescrusher 07-17-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself (Post 336415)

It has really become a staple of the forum to fill up the twenty characters though. I want to meet the member that's never done it.

YEM

No, not a staple, it's become a curse of this forum. There are only certain members that have so little to say. OK, there may be the odd occasion where a single word answer will do, but the majority of these 20 character jobs are totally pointless. At least think of something educational or amusin, a favourite saying or line of poetry for example....

stasz 07-17-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonescrusher (Post 336600)
No, not a staple, it's become a curse of this forum. There are only certain members that have so little to say. OK, there may be the odd occasion where a single word answer will do, but the majority of these 20 character jobs are totally pointless. At least think of something educational or amusin, a favourite saying or line of poetry for example....

It's a staple.

There once was a man from Peru who dreamt he was eating his shoe. He woke with a fright in the middle of the night to find that his dream had come true.

Big_Philly 07-17-2007 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothJazz (Post 335488)

Don't! I think you would lose her as friend if you'd humiliate her if she's so insecure.

ZildjianMan1023 07-17-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Philly (Post 336669)
Don't! I think you would lose her as friend if you'd humiliate her if she's so insecure.

you might be right man.. she might be so insecure about her playing that shell throw away her drums and hate me.. i dont want that now do i?.. haha nope i dont

harryconway 07-18-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZildjianMan1023 (Post 335348)
drum off.... hmm i dont have to prove anything

Congrats. There are only 2 things anyone can teach you. What to do and what not to do.