DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27916)

King Crimson 06-18-2007 01:00 PM

It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hope everyone going to the Charlotte show travels safely.

I'll be yelling with you there!!!!!!!!


"I DON'T BELIEVE IN DESTINY
OR THE GUIDING HAND OF FATE
I DON'T BELIEVE IN FOREVER
OR LOVE AS A MYSTICAL STATE

I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE STARS OR THE PLANETS
OR ANGELS WATCHING FROM ABOVE
BUT I BELIEVE THERE'S A GHOST OF A CHANCE
WE CAN FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE
AND MAKE IT LAST." -Neil Peart

michael drums 06-18-2007 07:54 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hey King!! Not to the Charlotte show...BUT, to the Bristow show THIS Saturday night!! ;-)

YES!!!!!!!

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
In our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theatres and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us -
Must rise and save us from ourselves

Quick to judge
Quick to anger
Slow to understand

Ignorance and prejudice
And fear
Walk hand in hand

Lyrics by Peart
from "Witch Hunt" off of Moving Pictures

...Play On! ;-)

CJH2112 06-23-2007 03:23 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'm going to the Nissan show tonight!!!!

RUSH ON!

drummerchick435 06-23-2007 06:25 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Lucky...my parents didn't want to drive me to Atlanta for their show on the 13th (of June) and none of my friends like RUSH. Maybe next year.

Tama Player 06-23-2007 10:55 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by King Crimson (Post 323527)
Hope everyone going to the Charlotte show travels safely.

I'll be yelling with you there!!!!!!!!


"I DON'T BELIEVE IN DESTINY
OR THE GUIDING HAND OF FATE
I DON'T BELIEVE IN FOREVER
OR LOVE AS A MYSTICAL STATE

I DON'T BELIEVE IN THE STARS OR THE PLANETS
OR ANGELS WATCHING FROM ABOVE
BUT I BELIEVE THERE'S A GHOST OF A CHANCE
WE CAN FIND SOMEONE TO LOVE
AND MAKE IT LAST." -Neil Peart

OMG!! I was there man!! Awesome show!!

BTW: The lasers were really amazing (as well as the band)

Peace
AGR

spartacus1989 06-23-2007 11:09 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Im off to the tour of my Bday :D

King Crimson 06-24-2007 03:26 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
It was so good.

They sounded so tight for just the 4th show of the tour.

Deadmeat 06-26-2007 07:08 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Hello to all,
I thought this to be an apropriate time to post. I am from Australia and I know I will never see RUSH come down here, as they are getting on. I have been a Rush fan for the past 16 years, have all there cd's etc...etc.. when I heard they were doing a new tour (snakes and arrows tour) I managed to convince my wife that England would be a good place to visit in October, so yes I"M GOING TO SEE RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at Wembly! And from all the dvd's, videos, cd's ....etc I know I won't be dissappointed. I hope this is encouragement to any avid rush fan who hasn't been able to get to see them live (becuase of distance). YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! it' just costs a bundle of money :).

Is there anything to look out for at the shows? I saw the set list and it awesome, some songs there I really wanted to see which I never thought they would play, eg Digital Man.

Live long and prosper with RUSH!!!!!

drumania 06-26-2007 07:24 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
ya everbody happy and going to rush show i live in nepal and in here u dont get modern drummer magzine . and very few resources . the place is intrenet just download books viedos and it should be free.

Tama Player 06-26-2007 11:38 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadmeat (Post 327141)
Hello to all,
I thought this to be an apropriate time to post. I am from Australia and I know I will never see RUSH come down here, as they are getting on. I have been a Rush fan for the past 16 years, have all there cd's etc...etc.. when I heard they were doing a new tour (snakes and arrows tour) I managed to convince my wife that England would be a good place to visit in October, so yes I"M GOING TO SEE RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at Wembly! And from all the dvd's, videos, cd's ....etc I know I won't be dissappointed. I hope this is encouragement to any avid rush fan who hasn't been able to get to see them live (becuase of distance). YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! it' just costs a bundle of money :).

Is there anything to look out for at the shows? I saw the set list and it awesome, some songs there I really wanted to see which I never thought they would play, eg Digital Man.

Live long and prosper with RUSH!!!!!

sweet dude. Yeah, the light show they have is amazing really cool. They basically sound EXACTLY like their album's too. They play a lot of there new stuff (which by the way, Neil incorperated much more double bass accents) and it sounds really good. Usually (at least when i went) it was pretty loud so if your sensitive hearing, I guess you might wanna bring some plugs or something. All in all its an awesome show to see.

Peace
AGR

sir_willy 06-28-2007 02:39 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'm going to the July 4th show. In exactly 7 days, to the exact minute I'll be rockin' out to my favorite band ever.




Holy crap I cant wait.

volume_3 07-01-2007 05:41 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I'm seeing them in October i think, possibly Sepetmber in Birmingham! Can't wait,. they were amazing on their R30 tour, and the new material (apparently) is much better live, with more agression and power.

rockinrider 07-02-2007 01:48 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I went to the Rush show in Scranton, PA friday night.

Great show! It's good to see the old guys Rock! (Neil is one year old than I.) lol

TheGroceryman 07-03-2007 03:41 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
This is kind of random... but... while we're talking about Rush and Neil Peart, I was just wondering where I can buy the hat he wears for his tours... I need one, they're too cool. Thanks

Allstar drummer 10-06-2012 01:38 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I flipping love the new clockwork angels album. It's amazing








I just put this back in circulation;)

8Mile 10-06-2012 04:05 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allstar drummer (Post 1053842)
I flipping love the new clockwork angels album. It's amazing

I love it, too. Some might not, but you can't argue that this band is still writing and performing vital, crafted music. I can't think of another rock band still doing that 38 years into their careers. There's no throwaway music on this album. They aren't just taking the easy way out and resting on their laurels. People who don't like Rush probably won't like it. But it's a strong and sincere effort to my ears and the concert kicked ass, too.

Allstar drummer 10-06-2012 04:27 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 8Mile (Post 1053884)
I love it, too. Some might not, but you can't argue that this band is still writing and performing vital, crafted music. I can't think of another rock band still doing that 38 years into their careers. There's no throwaway music on this album. They aren't just taking the easy way out and resting on their laurels. People who don't like Rush probably won't like it. But it's a strong and sincere effort to my ears and the concert kicked ass, too.

They came to New Orleans in July, but i was in north Louisiana when they did, so I missed them:/ my uncle went though!

Lunar Satellite Brian 10-06-2012 08:55 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Saw them last year at the Bilo Center, tickets are a little too pricey this time around, hope you enjoy the show!

And my name use to be Pat Mastelotto on here Mr. Crimson.

DrumEatDrum 10-07-2012 01:53 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Going to see them in November.

It's going to be awesome.

Allstar drummer 10-07-2012 06:07 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
True. Forgot there coming trough again for post release tour. Let's hope that they get a better recording than Cleveland!

larryz 10-09-2012 05:08 PM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Just sad about the demise of Neil's drums on the last few recordings. Alex and Geddy are geniouses as well, but let's face it, Neil put the band on the map. The drumming should be up front and center of every studio recording. It seems lost in the mix. Terry Brown where are you? I'd record them old school again.

Lunar Satellite Brian 10-11-2012 04:23 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by larryz (Post 1055227)
Just sad about the demise of Neil's drums on the last few recordings. Alex and Geddy are geniouses as well, but let's face it, Neil put the band on the map. The drumming should be up front and center of every studio recording. It seems lost in the mix. Terry Brown where are you? I'd record them old school again.

I completely disagree, I think the production on Clockwork Angels was only of the cleanest best mix's for drums ever recorded.

what do you dislike about it in particular

8Mile 10-11-2012 06:09 AM

Re: It's RUSH time!!!!!!!!!!
 
I have to say, I think Neil's drum sound is the best in recent memory on the new record. He's letting the drums breathe a bit, even the bass drum. I think it sounds really good.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com