DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   A suggestion for Drummerworld (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26221)

Michael G 04-23-2007 11:55 PM

A suggestion for Drummerworld

Since there are so many drummers on the front page, there should be a random drummer feature implemented, Just click on the click on the link and have a random drummer be selected. I think it would be much easier then looking at every single one of them individually in order.

There is kind of a feature like this at the top of drummers page, but it only does a few drummers. For instance, Dino Dinelli comes up alot.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edit: Nevermind, I started getting some more randomness from the arrows, they should still be tweaked a tad so that I don't end up getting Charlie Watts 5 times in a row.

Bernhard 04-24-2007 09:29 AM

Re: A suggestion for Drummerworld

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmoothJazz (Post 303981)
Since there are so many drummers on the front page, there should be a random drummer feature implemented, Just click on the click on the link and have a random drummer be selected. I think it would be much easier then looking at every single one of them individually in order.

There is kind of a feature like this at the top of drummers page, but it only does a few drummers. For instance, Dino Dinelli comes up alot.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Edit: Nevermind, I started getting some more randomness from the arrows, they should still be tweaked a tad so that I don't end up getting Charlie Watts 5 times in a row.

Yes - I like the idea....we will see, how i can integrate some random factor....

Thanks

Bernhard

drumbandit 04-24-2007 06:07 PM

yeah that's a sound idea. I sometimes click on random drummer (with my eyes closed) and just see who I find. Usually pleasantly surprised.

Tom

drummerchick435 04-25-2007 02:52 AM

That does sound like a good idea.

bballdrummer34 04-25-2007 11:35 PM

That sounds like a GREAT idea. I try to do the random thing myself, but a button saving the touble ?!? That would be sweet

T.Underhill 04-25-2007 11:57 PM

Pretty cool idea. Wikipedia has a random article button that can take you to some cool places. B has so many drummers on the front page it'd be neat to see who pops up.

That Guy 06-30-2007 12:02 AM

Maybe a different Main Page. Seeing all those names makes my eyes shake violently.

(Ducks from the thrown rocks)... Sorry Bern. :-)

kung_f00 06-30-2007 02:21 AM

Maybe a Drummer of the Day function? The random concept is very cool.. and the DotD is just a thought on another way to implement such an idea.

Tama Player 06-30-2007 03:32 AM

Haha yeah that would be cool. Usually I just put my cursor right above the list of drummer then scroll down fast and click. That will work usually.

Peace
AGR

zambizzi 07-01-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bernhard (Post 304101)
Yes - I like the idea....we will see, how i can integrate some random factor....

Thanks

Bernhard

Are the drummer names in a database? Or, maybe not (on second look) - they each appear to have their own static HTML page. Either way... I'm a professional software engineer by day, I'd be willing to donate some time - this is quite easy to do.

Ironcobra 07-01-2007 05:26 AM

maybe....since this forum is so awesome and seems to be getting more popular, maybe we could have Drummerworld Awards, have a variety of awards that are choosen every year by members of the forum

something like: Best Metal Kit
Most Vintage Kit
Most Likely to Fall Apart
Strangest Set-Up
Best Attempt at a Bozzio Kit
Sexiest DW Finish
you get the idea............i really think it would be a good idea, and would really bring a whole new aspect to drummerworld, and would increase peoples interest in other peoples kits.

slingerland755 09-08-2007 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironcobra (Post 329412)
maybe....since this forum is so awesome and seems to be getting more popular, maybe we could have Drummerworld Awards, have a variety of awards that are choosen every year by members of the forum

something like: Best Metal Kit
Most Vintage Kit
Most Likely to Fall Apart
Strangest Set-Up
Best Attempt at a Bozzio Kit
Sexiest DW Finish
you get the idea............i really think it would be a good idea, and would really bring a whole new aspect to drummerworld, and would increase peoples interest in other peoples kits.

I can't express how much I enjoy this forum. All the great ideas, positive feedback and intelligent posts. I'm all for a Drummerworld Awards and/or a Drummer of the Day.

Tama Player 01-04-2008 09:40 PM

Bernhard if you still want to do this, I can give you a code for it. I recently had my programming dep. write a script simliar to this and I can customize it for you. Just email me if you want to. agrunyan@hotmail.com

Peace,
AGR

Tama Player 01-09-2008 11:55 PM

Alright, the code is done, I sent it to you through email Bernhard, if you need help implementing it, just let me know.

AGR