DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Richie Hayward (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24402)

Pocketman 03-06-2007 06:06 PM

Richie Hayward

Anyone else out there a fan of this guy? If you don't know who he is, he has been the long time drummer for the band Little Feat. His style is very original. Loose, funky yet with a lot of strength and passion. He was doing half time shuffle beats back in the 70's and his splash playing is cool too.

Just search Little Feat on Youtube and you should get some nice clips. He is still out there on tour playing a big drumset to boot as well!

My favortie track of his is "Hate To Lose Your Lovin" off of the Let It Roll album. Dynamite!

fusssion 03-06-2007 07:00 PM

Re: Richie Hayward

My fav is the Robert Plant LP, Shakin' and Stirred !! WOW!

Paul Quin 03-06-2007 07:03 PM

Absolutely one of the most undersung, innovative players out there. I read once that he used to drive Lowell George crazy because he could never pay the same tune the same way twice. Check out Fat Man in the Bathtub from the Waiting for Columbus CD. An amazing player who encapsulates that New Orleans groove thing within a more traditional west coast rock paradigm. You just got to love him!

Paul

PS> I am fairly sure there is a thread on Richie Hayward in the Drummers - this should probably be moved over there!!

Just Drums 03-06-2007 07:12 PM

I attended a Richie clinic about 15 years ago. Great player! Great guy!

Pete Stoltman 03-07-2007 03:39 AM

Yep there is a thread about him in the drummers section and usually his name gets mentioned when threads about underrated drummers come up. What the others have said goes for me too..he's the bomb-diggity!

KCMcC 03-07-2007 04:01 AM

"Time Loves A Hero" from that same Waiting for Columus CD.

yes!
YES!
YEEEESSSSS!

Bobhead 03-12-2007 02:52 AM

I love his playing. I didn't come to know him from Little Feat but rather from his drum work on Robert Plant's solo records. Awesome. "Shaken and Stirred" album by Plant sounds a bit dated now and some weird songs onthere, but the drumming is incredible with great grooves and very cool fills. I would check it out.

I'm sure they'll move this thread under the DRUMMERS area of the forum.

Classic Bruce 03-13-2007 01:12 AM

Richie will be in the April/May/June issue of the mag. Great player, I saw him several years back with Paul Rogers, he killed!

slingerland755 09-14-2007 03:15 PM

I saw the "Shaken and Stirred" tour way on back in the day. I was like...who is this guy? He floored me. What a style! Very unique. Too bad I haven't heard much from him since then.