DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Show your tattoos (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24365)

Fat Elvis 03-05-2007 06:19 PM

Show your tattoos

6 Attachment(s)
went to hollywood this weekend and picked up a cool souvenir. The stars are for my family -- the big, gold one for me (favorite color), blue one for my girl (her fav color) and the pink one for my daughter (her fav color). Took about an hour and i am pumped.

enjoy.

Wegadrummer 03-05-2007 06:44 PM

Re: New Ink

Wow! kick ass! that was awsome! Its cool when tatoos mean something.. I am thinking of having a little drumkit on my arm...

drummerchick435 03-05-2007 06:47 PM

Even though I'm not a big fan of tattoos, I think the sentiment is sweet.

wnameth 03-05-2007 06:49 PM

Nice man. i'm getting one on thursday... initials and a treble clef under them. how bad is the pain. i'm getting it on my upper arm (outside)

looks good though.

-Wes

Fat Elvis 03-06-2007 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnameth (Post 283468)
Nice man. i'm getting on thursday... initials and a treble clef under them. how bad is the pain. i'm getting it on my upper arm (outside)

looks good though.

-Wes

not too much pain in most places. Definitely you can handle it -- this was my first and we took no breaks -- just straight through. In fact, the color went on immediately after the black. The outer arm is far more tough than the tender under-arm that i placed mine on. Even still, i only winced where it got close to the joint on my wrist, my vein on my wrist and where the blue star started wrapping around the other side of my arm.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as my daughter says. I love it -- cant wait for my next one. Now that i know what to expect (the pain is FAR less than you think), i am excited!!! I am only going to ink my left arm. My right arm will remain untouched. I plan on all my future tats having meaning as well.... you will never regret putting something on your body that means something to you. At least i dont think. I waited 38 years for my first.... do it while you can do it. Live life with no regrets!

thanks for your kind words.

Fat Elvis 03-06-2007 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wegadrummer (Post 283465)
Wow! kick ass! that was awsome! Its cool when tatoos mean something.. I am thinking of having a little drumkit on my arm...

thanks wega -- i have a small video i may have to try and upload. Im sure some sort of drum stuff will make it onto my left arm as well :)

do it!

larlev 03-06-2007 02:31 AM

There goes all your $$$$$$

I have 7 now....Tats are FAR more addicting than these stupid cans we play on.....

I have stuff around both arms.....inside of bicep can be a little...well emotional..LOL

I started at 22.....I am 37 now...... My 2 daughters 5 and 6 have taken some of the urge away.....which is a good thing

DogBreath 03-06-2007 03:48 AM

Dude, nice. The colors sure make the stars pop.

wnameth 03-06-2007 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 283674)
not too much pain in most places. Definitely you can handle it -- this was my first and we took no breaks -- just straight through. In fact, the color went on immediately after the black. The outer arm is far more tough than the tender under-arm that i placed mine on. Even still, i only winced where it got close to the joint on my wrist, my vein on my wrist and where the blue star started wrapping around the other side of my arm.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, as my daughter says. I love it -- cant wait for my next one. Now that i know what to expect (the pain is FAR less than you think), i am excited!!! I am only going to ink my left arm. My right arm will remain untouched. I plan on all my future tats having meaning as well.... you will never regret putting something on your body that means something to you. At least i dont think. I waited 38 years for my first.... do it while you can do it. Live life with no regrets!

thanks for your kind words.

cool, I kinda figured that, i always envisioned it as getting shot with a shotgun at close range then i dunno kicked rapidity in the wound. It will be my first as well, I will post it when i get it on thursday. just remember to keep yours clean!

Cheers man. i'm am doing what your doing, but on my right, and mostly above the t-shirt line.

-Wes

Aqualung 03-06-2007 04:42 AM

A bit tacky...no offense.

larlev 03-06-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualung (Post 283740)
A bit tacky...no offense.

Your opinion......

Why comment if you have a response like that??? I'll never understand some of you guys' reasons for posting.....

Aqualung 03-06-2007 05:17 AM

POST DELETED

Watch your attitude and language. One warning.

insane drummer 03-06-2007 05:19 AM

It takes a real man to get multi-coloured stars on his forearm. Kudos

rendezvous_drummer 03-06-2007 05:47 AM

Sweet tattoo man. You look like the kind of guy that I wouldn't want to piss off haha. Do you have any other ones? I'm getting a shamrock on my chest in a month.

DogBreath 03-06-2007 07:07 AM

I'm kinda jealous. Both of my sons have lots of ink, and I still haven't had my first tat yet.

Edit: actually it's both of my sons, both of my step-daughters, my wife, my sister, and my step-dad. Gah, I feel so left out!

somedrummer 03-06-2007 07:17 AM

My sax player just got a sax and some ska checkers on his upper armlast week. He's happy with them. Personally I'm not interested in tats. Too permanent for me.

Aaronpoof 03-06-2007 07:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Tattoos are indeed very addictive... I now have 6. I'm 21 and started the week after my 18th birthday. All of mine mean something to me too, and I don't regret them at all. Here are 2 of them on my right leg.

Fat Elvis 03-06-2007 08:03 AM

thanks for your comments. Tats are a personal thing -- to comment on them like you would critique a drum solo is pointless -- they are not objective, but rather very subjective. I am not the type of guy to care what people think -- unless they are friends. I consider many of you friends of sorts (db, larlev, etc) -- and thus i was sharing something personal with friends, albeit in a public forum.

thanks for comments from my forum friends -- you know who you are.

mikei 03-06-2007 11:29 PM

Great tat Elvis.

I didn't get my first tat until I was 34.

I got a picture of my wife put on my right shoulder. Took about 3 hours to complete. It hurt, but not unbearably.

I also got the names of my daughters on my left shoulder. I left room for their portraits. I have been waiting for the "perfect" picture of them. I finally have one. Now, I just need to obtain the $500 to have that done.

Once you get one, you are always tempted to get more. I have almost gotten more on a whim, but promised my girls that I would get their portraits done first.

Fat Elvis 03-06-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 284051)
Great tat Elvis.

I didn't get my first tat until I was 34.

I got a picture of my wife put on my right shoulder. Took about 3 hours to complete. It hurt, but not unbearably.

I also got the names of my daughters on my left shoulder. I left room for their portraits. I have been waiting for the "perfect" picture of them. I finally have one. Now, I just need to obtain the $500 to have that done.

Once you get one, you are always tempted to get more. I have almost gotten more on a whim, but promised my girls that I would get their portraits done first.

nice mike.... i would love to see those. Post pics is you got em!

mikei 03-07-2007 01:29 AM

I will take pictures of mine and post them tonight if possible.

For the record, the Superkick 2 is amazing with the Regulator ported head. Each bass drum sounds like a f@(%&$* cannon! Absolutely unbelieveable!

Definitely a noticable difference than with the stock tama reso head.

You should check one out!

Fat Elvis 03-07-2007 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikei (Post 284091)
I will take pictures of mine and post them tonight if possible.

For the record, the Superkick 2 is amazing with the Regulator ported head. Each bass drum sounds like a f@(%&$* cannon! Absolutely unbelieveable!

Definitely a noticable difference than with the stock tama reso head.

You should check one out!

oh yeah -- i have had that combo on an old tama rockstar and it proved fantastic results on that... i can imagine how good the starclassic sounds with it. I think i will go back to the regulator when i change out the head. Glad you like it. :)

mikei 03-14-2007 06:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the portrait of my wife. I have my daughters' names as well. Neither picture came out well. My daughters' names are Rayelyne and Marissa.

jollymosher 03-14-2007 06:50 PM

Aaronpoof you are one hairy cat. i have a similar problem, im not sure if the ink i wanna get on my ankles/legs will look good because of it.

Fat Elvis 03-15-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jollymosher (Post 287257)
Aaronpoof you are one hairy cat. i have a similar problem, im not sure if the ink i wanna get on my ankles/legs will look good because of it.

i personally am not a fan of tats beneath hair -- it gets in the way of the art work..... so i may be looking at shaving my arms if i get more.

TopCat 03-15-2007 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 287428)
i personally am not a fan of tats beneath hair -- it gets in the way of the art work..... so i may be looking at shaving my arms if i get more.

At least you'll swim faster.

KCDrummer 03-15-2007 07:29 AM

Nothing says manliness like colorful stars...j/k ;) Cool.

jollymosher 03-15-2007 03:29 PM

hey man, i beleave that the more comfortable the dude is with putting any color on his skin is pretty manly.

driver 03-16-2007 12:30 AM

Im into Tats and would like to get one someday but Im finding it hard to work out what to have and where. Its something im def not going to rush into!

DogBreath 03-16-2007 04:17 AM

mikei, that portrait of your wife is great.

rendezvous_drummer 03-16-2007 05:32 AM

Yeah man, those tattoos are amazing!!

What do you think of these pictures? I will be getting one of these..

http://tatsandtags.com/images/sm121.jpg
http://www.rescuetees.com/images/decals/d178-l.jpg

As you can see, I really want an irish tattoo to show my heritage. I already have a canadian tattoo planned out in a couple of months. I love both of these and am leaning towards the shield, which is the shield for the irish police.

DogBreath 03-17-2007 08:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my son's (stars kinda like yours) and Lou's tats.

Fat Elvis 03-17-2007 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer (Post 287855)
Yeah man, those tattoos are amazing!!

What do you think of these pictures? I will be getting one of these..

http://tatsandtags.com/images/sm121.jpg
http://www.rescuetees.com/images/decals/d178-l.jpg

As you can see, I really want an irish tattoo to show my heritage. I already have a canadian tattoo planned out in a couple of months. I love both of these and am leaning towards the shield, which is the shield for the irish police.

i like the shield. The colors and simple style i think would make a great tattoo. Thats one reason i went with the stars -- i tend to think that more complex tattoos often look like a bruise from a short distance.

go for the shield

Fat Elvis 03-17-2007 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogBreath (Post 288309)
Here are my son's (stars kinda like yours) and Lou's tats.

i like both of those.

now i see where you get your hair tips from. :)

larlev 03-17-2007 05:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK here is my ex-wife's portrait(the arm tat obviously).......no really

and a little pain I suffered about 12 years ago...I also have an ankh on my left arm, also dead center on my neck/back I have my sun sign......so, I was trying to incorporate, birth, death, eternal life...the full circle of life...

I had a lot of plans for 3/4 sleeves....with kids now just haven't been able to do it

Oh and that nice little 6" scar is the result from my nice little gallbladder almost bursting on me.....it was fun

Fat Elvis 03-17-2007 07:05 PM

cool stuff. Man that one around your belly button had to hurt.

DogBreath 03-17-2007 08:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's the tattoo that I'm considering, and a quick-and-dirty photoshop of its rough size and placement (not my back in the pic, obviously). It's a version of the chant "Om mani padme hum" in the Tibetan script, which cannot be literally translated but means something along the lines of "meditation, patience, discipline, wisdom, generosity, diligence."

larlev 03-17-2007 09:57 PM

Nice.......the spine is a tough spot...

When you going to do it????

larlev 03-17-2007 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 288451)
cool stuff. Man that one around your belly button had to hurt.

It wasn't that bad....the skull tat going around the inside of my arm was far worse

DogBreath 03-18-2007 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larlev (Post 288498)
Nice.......the spine is a tough spot...

When you going to do it????

Dunno, but I'm fairly certain it's what I want. For now. I think.