DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24180)

toxegendrummer 02-28-2007 11:41 AM

My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
3 Attachment(s)
EDIT: POST #40 HAS UPDATE PHOTOS OF NEW CYMBALS

My Story: i have been planning to get these for about 6 months. 2 months ago i headed to a mining town and got a job working as a high pressure water washer. i came back and ordered these from Tama Directly from their warehouse in Melbourne. I am so happy with them and i would recommend these drums to anyone.

Now the specs:

Tama Superstar in Custom Amber Fade

Drums (HxW)
22X18 Bass Drum
10X8 Rack Tom
14X11 Rack Tom
14X5.5 Snare Drum
Hardware
1X Tama Roadpro Boom
1X Tama Roadpro Straight
1X Dixon Boom
Tama HT731 Wide Rider Throne
Pearl Eliminator Double Pedal
Heads
Toms
Clear EC2's
Snare
Coated G1
Bass Drum
Emad

d.c.drummer 02-28-2007 12:56 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
They look nice. I have a snare in a similar sunburst finish and i love it. Why no pics of your cymbals?

toxegendrummer 02-28-2007 01:03 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by d.c.drummer (Post 281479)
They look nice. I have a snare in a similar sunburst finish and i love it. Why no pics of your cymbals?

the reason being that i dont actually have any cymbals atm...hence the reason i wrote future cymbals...lol...i should be getting them soon enough.....hopefully

nhzoso 02-28-2007 01:51 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxegendrummer (Post 281481)
the reason being that i dont actually have any cymbals atm...hence the reason i wrote future cymbals...lol...i should be getting them soon enough.....hopefully

Gorgeous kit, Congrats.

Also Congrats on getting a job and working for them. It's a nice change from some of the "my daddy won't buy me this or that" Threads.

Mr. Pasquini 02-28-2007 02:42 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
I LOVE that finish. Beautiful kit!

toxegendrummer 02-28-2007 02:47 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
these photos do not do the kit any justice...you have to see it in human to really know how beautiful it is...i was stunned when i saw them for the first time...especially for their low price.

Drummer Karl 02-28-2007 06:37 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Awesome choice, no doubt! I also got a Superstar Custom in a similar finish: Mahagoni Fade.
I find those Superstars just amazing for the price, they really sound like high-end drums to me. I love the quality...

great job my man, what a beautiful kit!

PS: Isn`t it a 14x11" rack tom?

Karl

toxegendrummer 02-28-2007 11:17 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer Karl (Post 281565)
PS: Isn`t it a 14x11" rack tom?
Karl

yea your right...i seem to always get that wrong ...changed

Big_Philly 02-28-2007 11:29 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Lovely kit. I've been eyeballing a superstar custom myself, except I want a 6pc in ocean fade. The amber look cool too, though :)

toxegendrummer 03-01-2007 07:13 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Philly (Post 281673)
Lovely kit. I've been eyeballing a superstar custom myself, except I want a 6pc in ocean fade. The amber look cool too, though :)

i was also thinking of getting an ocean fade, but from the pictures...the fade was too light, so that kind of turned me off it...but the top picture is probably the closest to what the actual colour looks like:)

Big_Philly 03-01-2007 02:10 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
I myself like the light fade of the ocean fade finish, but that's a matter of personal taste I guess.
How is the roadpro hi-hat stand, does it feel good?

fusssion 03-01-2007 02:12 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
does anyone own one of these in the Blue Metallic Fade finish?!? I'd love to see a LIVE picture of that!!

toxegendrummer 03-01-2007 02:18 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Philly (Post 281921)
How is the roadpro hi-hat stand, does it feel good?

yea it seems sturdy enough...its got this little thing that allows you to change how tight the feeling is...which i found is a nifty little thing (see pic below).. although, i havent had a chance to use it for obvious reasons lol

Big_Philly 03-01-2007 04:03 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Oh yeah I forgot, you dont have any cymbals yet :) Well thx anyway. I'm really considering getting my own superstar, getting more and more excited about it.

Drummer Karl 03-01-2007 08:54 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxegendrummer (Post 281927)
yea it seems sturdy enough...its got this little thing that allows you to change how tight the feeling is...which i found is a nifty little thing (see pic below).. although, i havent had a chance to use it for obvious reasons lol

Yeah, I agree, I also didn`t change the tension of it, I think that the lightest tension feels awesome, very smooth, very well controllabe.
btw, how do you like the "Quick set tilter" feature on the cymbal stand joints?

Karl

toxegendrummer 03-02-2007 12:48 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drummer Karl (Post 282035)
how do you like the "Quick set tilter" feature on the cymbal stand joints?
Karl

I was actually playing around with it today...its alot more simple than some of the other cymbal stands that i have worked...very nice...

driver 03-02-2007 04:23 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Very Nice. Do you have any cymbals to play on while u wait for your future ones?

toxegendrummer 03-03-2007 01:22 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by driver (Post 282340)
Do you have any cymbals to play on while u wait for your future ones?

nah unfortunately im starting from scratch so i have to wait and gets some funds together but it shouldnt take too long once i get myself sorted out...

drummerboy666 03-06-2007 06:37 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
cool kit!!! by any chance can you get this kit in green?

Almuric 03-06-2007 07:21 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
That is a truly BEAUTIFUL kit. Only thing I would suggest is to change how you attach your stick bag. That red string thingy is too distracting from that really nice floor tom. I'd rather see chrome rim than red string. Just my 2 cents. I bet they sound great!! More pix please when the brass arrives!!

toxegendrummer 03-07-2007 06:41 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almuric (Post 283970)
That is a truly BEAUTIFUL kit. Only thing I would suggest is to change how you attach your stick bag. That red string thingy is too distracting from that really nice floor tom. I'd rather see chrome rim than red string. Just my 2 cents. I bet they sound great!! More pix please when the brass arrives!!


yea i actually just moved it off the floor tom...it was brushin against my leg and annoying me so i took it off....

Quote:

cool kit!!! by any chance can you get this kit in green?
i dont think you can.

try the tama website and lookup Superstar Customs

drozzy 03-07-2007 07:14 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Very nice cymbal selection, meinl is definately the way to go in australia (with other brands and their crazy pricing)!

However id suggest you go the 18 inch amun china... its everything a china should be (and a lot cheaper)

I have the same hats and ride you want, very good choices! The hats are very versatile, whilst being very heavy and cutting. The ride is dark and very very nice!

I have a 16" amun crash, which gets pounded very heavily in a lot of metal and hard rock drumming, and stands up superbly, very ncie, even tone too.

And a hint, Venue Music in sydney had a lot of meinl cymbals going cheap, so give them a ring, ask for steve, say Tom told you to ring there, and ask about the mb20's and amuns they have on special! I was very tempted to buy some amun splashes for around 40-60 dollars! And the mb20 hats were going for 220... well worth it! (retail 599, i got these for 380.. very annoyed when i saw the sale price!).

Superb looking kit... making me want a tama starclassic.. not a good thing whilst im broke!

toxegendrummer 03-07-2007 07:31 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drozzy (Post 284192)
Very nice cymbal selection, meinl is definately the way to go in australia (with other brands and their crazy pricing)!

However id suggest you go the 18 inch amun china... its everything a china should be (and a lot cheaper)

I have the same hats and ride you want, very good choices! The hats are very versatile, whilst being very heavy and cutting. The ride is dark and very very nice!

I have a 16" amun crash, which gets pounded very heavily in a lot of metal and hard rock drumming, and stands up superbly, very ncie, even tone too.

And a hint, Venue Music in sydney had a lot of meinl cymbals going cheap, so give them a ring, ask for steve, say Tom told you to ring there, and ask about the mb20's and amuns they have on special! I was very tempted to buy some amun splashes for around 40-60 dollars! And the mb20 hats were going for 220... well worth it! (retail 599, i got these for 380.. very annoyed when i saw the sale price!).

Superb looking kit... making me want a tama starclassic.. not a good thing whilst im broke!

Will do thanks for the tip

Class A Drummer 03-14-2007 02:56 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Nice small cozy little set. Fun stuff. Bet your dien to get some cymbals.

toxegendrummer 03-14-2007 04:16 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer (Post 286998)
Nice small cozy little set. Fun stuff. Bet your dien to get some cymbals.

your not wrong there...im just left with my rim clicks and tom rythms :(

Class A Drummer 03-14-2007 05:07 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toxegendrummer (Post 287039)
your not wrong there...im just left with my rim clicks and tom rythms :(

Yeah i was figuring you would do something like that. If you want a cool tom pattern to work on, try learning The Late in the Evening groove (One of Steve Gadd's amazing grooves). Not only does it sound awsome, but its fun as hell to play.

toxegendrummer 03-14-2007 07:14 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer (Post 287060)
Yeah i was figuring you would do something like that. If you want a cool tom pattern to work on, try learning The Late in the Evening groove (One of Steve Gadd's amazing grooves). Not only does it sound awsome, but its fun as hell to play.

yea...i like that song...and yes it is super fun to play along to...

toxegendrummer 03-14-2007 01:19 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
5 Attachment(s)
Updated Pics of my new setup

tooldrums1000 04-15-2007 12:39 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
That kit looks super, but were are your cymbals?

toxegendrummer 04-15-2007 04:08 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tooldrums1000 (Post 300683)
That kit looks super, but were are your cymbals?

i actually just got a new job...so i should be getting them very soon...im also expecting a tax return so should be there soon...

BoxcarDrummer182 07-29-2007 08:16 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
superstar's rock dont they? how do you like the 10" though, i've been switchoff between my 12" and 13" and the 12" is nice, 13" is to hard to get a go tune out of. but is the 10" like too high or too low.

Mr. Pasquini 07-29-2007 08:24 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
How those cymbals coming?

Srry, missed earlier post.

fijjibo 07-30-2007 02:12 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Nice kit man.

That fade looks awesome.

toxegendrummer 07-30-2007 07:37 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

superstar's rock dont they? how do you like the 10" though, i've been switchoff between my 12" and 13" and the 12" is nice, 13" is to hard to get a go tune out of. but is the 10" like too high or too low.
it is reasonably low for a 10" but thats what i like about it....its a balanced drum all round....the 13" is not the easiest to tune...which is why i went for the fusion but nonetheless, they are awesome.

drum.lad 07-30-2007 07:50 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
very nice man please post some pics when you get those cymbals it shall look smokin

Garvin 07-30-2007 08:32 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Good lookin' kit. I really like that fade. It's very unique. Is that a key holder on the top of the bass drum? How's it work when you hit the bass? I would think thw air would pop it right out. Must be a lock or something. Cool idea though, not obnoxious at all. Very classy looking kit. You could show up to almost any kind of gig with it too!

toxegendrummer 08-01-2007 03:40 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garvin (Post 342289)
Good lookin' kit. I really like that fade. It's very unique. Is that a key holder on the top of the bass drum? How's it work when you hit the bass? I would think thw air would pop it right out. Must be a lock or something. Cool idea though, not obnoxious at all. Very classy looking kit. You could show up to almost any kind of gig with it too!

haha yea...its just one of the air hole things...but i found that the key fits in there pretty well

chenjc1979 08-05-2007 10:23 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Great kit! Tama alway does a great job on their fade lacquering drums!!

Big_Philly 08-14-2007 09:10 PM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
Do you have any cymbals yet? Or are you still working up the cash?

toxegendrummer 08-20-2007 09:45 AM

Re: My Tama Superstars in Custom Amber Fade
 
my tax return just came in...so should be posting new pics of cymbal setup by the end of the week


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com