DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   NEW VIDEOS: Marco Minnemann..... (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22117)

Bernhard 12-28-2006 12:41 PM

NEW VIDEOS: Marco Minnemann.....

Three new hot Videos from the Mendoza Drum-Fest:

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers...Minnemann.html

ENJOY!!!

Bernhard

d.c.drummer 12-28-2006 07:01 PM

Re: NEW VIDEOS: Marco Minnemann.....

Wow this is an excellent vid. Thanks Bernhard.

His playing is so explosive and technically rich. I love it!

Drum-Head 12-28-2006 09:10 PM

Thank you Mister B.! : )

jim314 12-29-2006 06:40 AM

Very Very Inspiring!!!!

Jeff Almeyda 12-29-2006 10:08 AM

Marco is on another planet! I love this guy. The metric modulation he did while the sequencer was playing built up some beautiful tension which he resolved very well.

One of the best soloists in the world.

Drummer Karl 12-29-2006 03:16 PM

Wow, that is awesome. Thanks alot for the video Bernhard...he is a drummer I respect very very much...like sooo many drummers. :-)

thanks again, this is definitly inspiring.

PS: Does anybody know what Ride cymbal he is using there?

Karl

tomgrosset 12-29-2006 04:11 PM

Marco is purely insane. I don't understand how he does it. He has such an amazing talent on this instrument. He carries out his fills so systematically and has such a nice groove.

Thanks Bernhard.

LimaBeans 12-29-2006 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgrosset (Post 256280)
Marco is purely insane. I don't understand how he does it. He has such an amazing talent on this instrument. He carries out his fills so systematically and has such a nice groove.

Thanks Bernhard.

I don't know. I bought Extreme Interdependence in an attempt to try to figure out how he does it. So far my independence has dramatically improved, but I still don't see how Marco managed to get so good. I love the way he incorporates his independence into his grooves.
Thank you Bernhard.

tomgrosset 12-29-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LimaBeans (Post 256282)
I don't know. I bought Extreme Interdependence in an attempt to try to figure out how he does it. So far my independence has dramatically improved, but I still don't see how Marco is so good. It always amazes me how he incorporates his independence into grooves.

Thank you Bernhard.

I don't really understand what you mean. He doesn't just have a gift for independence, he also has fast/clean chops, a really good feel for grooving, ideas that are very inventive and he does everything effortlessly. I don't see how he isn't good especially if you've seen signs of improvement from his abilities. I'm not his biggest fan, but I know talent when I see it and I've seen some of his videos when he's soloing and they are just simply astonishing.

Class A Drummer 12-30-2006 04:22 AM

Damn he is amazing. He is like the tightest player ive ever heard (literally). His speed is incredible.

LimaBeans 12-30-2006 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgrosset (Post 256293)
I don't really understand what you mean. He doesn't just have a gift for independence, he also has fast/clean chops, a really good feel for grooving, ideas that are very inventive and he does everything effortlessly. I don't see how he isn't good especially if you've seen signs of improvement from his abilities. I'm not his biggest fan, but I know talent when I see it and I've seen some of his videos when he's soloing and they are just simply astonishing.

Eh, wrong choice of words on my part. When I said, "I don't see how he is so good," I meant I don't see how he got so good." A better choice of words would be, "Holy crap! How did any drummer manage to gain that level of independence!? Marco is awesome!" Sorry, my fault for just slapping words on a post and not really thinking it through. I'll edit that post so it won't throw anyone else off.

macmarkus 12-31-2006 04:08 PM

minnemann ...

... plays awesome (he's in the lang league) and his kit sounds wonderful, especially the typical deedub 13" snare.

thanks, bernhard, for all the great stuff. happy new year (dir und deinen lieben in der schönen schweiz).

toteman2 01-02-2007 06:17 AM

Good God, Marco is a monster. That groove at the end of the solo was sick. Awsome, awsome stuff.

Breakaway Faction 01-02-2007 07:39 AM

I have no clue what he is doing EVER!!!!!BUT I love that he plays his drums wide open. They have a great sound. And obviously he is an amazing player!

Drum-Head 01-02-2007 03:05 PM

Is it me or did he go through the kick drum batter?

rick913 01-02-2007 06:21 PM

Great player and great clip!!!! but are all his drums DW? I noticed that the 8" tom and the side tom and snare were of a different color and lugs. In my opinion i really liked how he switched from Meinl to Zildjian. I never digged the sounds of Meinl...

Joe Kearney 01-03-2007 02:30 AM

all of the links lead me to "crack"... as of 8:29, 1/2/06 in cleveland... I dunno if your doing something with the site or not?

superbatmat 01-11-2007 07:52 AM

Yeahhh Marco is a monster of drums !!¨

I think he use a K Custom Special ry Ride 21'' ! But not sure !

enjoy !