DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Favorite new band? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21782)

The Beat of Gypsy Messiah 12-18-2006 04:54 PM

Favorite new band?

OK guys, what band or musician has recently become your listening obsession? You know, that one where you have to go out and drain your bank account on to get all their stuff? As of late, I have being listening to Symphony X. I am not much of a metal head, but I really like the stuff these guys have put out.

nate 12-18-2006 04:59 PM

Re: Favorite new band?

TV On The Radio. you know a band is good when David Bowie sings backing for them

rendezvous_drummer 12-18-2006 07:42 PM

Floggin Molly. It's the christmas season and in my family the drinking season aswell, so what better music to listen to than some good ol irish drinking music in a punk style?

badlydubbedsean 12-18-2006 09:40 PM

I like the Rapture's funky music.

Apart from that, I've been constantly listening to the new Muse album.

Wegadrummer 12-18-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer (Post 252125)
Floggin Molly. It's the christmas season and in my family the drinking season aswell, so what better music to listen to than some good ol irish drinking music in a punk style?

Yeah, flogging molly is a good band.. Try listen to Dropkick Murphys, also an good punkish rock band from Ireland.. Bagpipes, flutes etc.. so cool! One of my favourite bands.. I bought the new Audioslave album last week, so hot! Love it..

Mike Firth 12-18-2006 09:55 PM

I've been listening to Protest the Hero and Bleeding Through alot lately.

thinkintriplets 12-18-2006 10:01 PM

Muse's lastest albums is amazing, as well as Strapping Young Lad's.

Yes... two very different styles, but I believe both drummers are ambidextrous? I know Gene Hogland is, but I'm not sure about the drummer for Muse (Dominic Howard). I know he's a lefty though...

thinkintriplets.

bonham990 12-18-2006 10:38 PM

no doubt about it......radiohead, there simply incredible

Tom B. 12-18-2006 10:40 PM

I' velike Jet a lot, although I think they are too old to be a new band anymore...

morbius25 12-19-2006 12:48 AM

Wow just one, I have about 50 bands that are my favs. I would have to say Sanctus Real.

Ozzy Biz 12-19-2006 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom B. (Post 252225)
I' ve like Jet a lot, although I think they are too old to be a new band anymore...

yeah.... they're a local band...

Anyways, I've been listening to a hell of a lot of COG and Karnivool lately. They're two of the best things going in the Australian music industry at the moment. Awesome drumming. I think they're both independent (?) and COG has sold over 25,000 copies of they're album in Australia. They're in the states now I think (bass player's VISA was delayed or something) to record a new album with Sylvia Massia (?...can't remember last name) who recorded and produced a heap of TOOL and System of a Down stuff.

http://www.cog.com.au/
http://www.karnivool.com.au

Check 'em out.

Biz

Backwards Marathon 12-19-2006 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonham990 (Post 252224)
no doubt about it......radiohead, there simply incredible

Oh for sure. I dont think that that bands ever let me down. theyre early early stuff sounds pretty Grungish, but other than that theyre completly solid.

meandhimcallitus 12-19-2006 02:12 AM

Radiohead= amazing. The music varies so much its refreshing to hear them. They have the rock stuff, the pop stuff, ambient, eletronic, acoustic, name... theyve done it...and well.

Back on topic... ive been listiing to alot of DJ Shadow(Endtroducing, Pre- Metative Attack) mostly but I bought the new Brand New cd so ive been getting into that also.

Man, my grammer, spelling skills are god awful ha

P.S- Jeff Indyke is addicting to watch...not it the most pleasant way either...LOL at his singing in the John Bonham "Immigrant Song" breakdown

secondXheartbeat 12-19-2006 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wegadrummer (Post 252190)
Yeah, flogging molly is a good band.. Try listen to Dropkick Murphys, also an good punkish rock band from Ireland.. Bagpipes, flutes etc.. so cool! One of my favourite bands.. I bought the new Audioslave album last week, so hot! Love it..

Dropkick Murphys are from Boston. They all have Irish heritage but I think the only actual Ireland native is the singer.

Flogging Molly and DKM are both awesome bands though . . .

secondXheartbeat 12-19-2006 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Firth (Post 252192)
I've been listening to Protest the Hero and Bleeding Through alot lately.

Protest the Hero is quite possibly the perfect band for me.

I probably sound like a broken record since I hype them on here every chance I get, but they are truely incredible, and their live show is the best I've ever seen.

My top 5 bands right now are probably Protest the Hero, Trivium, Thrice, Unearth, and Mastodon.

I've also recently gotten into Megadeth.

rendezvous_drummer 12-19-2006 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wegadrummer (Post 252190)

Oh yeah, I'm also a huge fan of DKM, but I prefer Floggin Molly. Drink and Fight and F*** You I'm Drunk are my two favorite songs from them, ASWELL AS KISS MY IRISH ASS!!

Wegadrummer 12-19-2006 11:21 AM

yeahyeah.. If i think for a minute i knew that they where from boston.. arg, stupid me.. anyway, both flogging molly and DKM rock..

jiltednut 12-19-2006 08:45 PM

I've really been getting into Mastodon lately, Brann is a beast!!

Also if you like Irish punk, go look up "The Sultans Of Ping FC", not my cup of tea personally but some of my mates went to see them not so long ago, and were very impressed!! Can't get much more irish than the Arse end of Cork!!

drummerchick435 12-19-2006 09:10 PM

I Love Switchfoot! I also love Dave Matthews Band and OAR.

maddrummr 12-19-2006 10:17 PM

OK GO!!!

Their music is generally simple and catchy...i like it!
and they're from Chicago!

Guinness 12-19-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummerchick435 (Post 252619)
I Love Switchfoot! I also love Dave Matthews Band and OAR.

I love OAR as well. My band plays "The Gas Was Low" and it is one of my favorite tunes to play and the crowd loves it.

My brother turned me on to a band called "Building a Better Spacehip" last week and I'm really diggin' it so far. Also, the band "Sparta".

rendezvous_drummer 12-20-2006 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiltednut (Post 252616)
I've really been getting into Mastodon lately, Brann is a beast!!

Also if you like Irish punk, go look up "The Sultans Of Ping FC", not my cup of tea personally but some of my mates went to see them not so long ago, and were very impressed!! Can't get much more irish than the Arse end of Cork!!

Hahahaha Cork....apparently the TRUE capital of Ireland eh

secondXheartbeat 12-20-2006 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wegadrummer (Post 252458)
yeahyeah.. If i think for a minute i knew that they where from boston.. arg, stupid me.. anyway, both flogging molly and DKM rock..

I thought they were from Ireland until I went to one of their shows and heard all of them speaking with Boston accents. (minus the singer of course)

jonnodrummer 12-22-2006 07:57 PM

Darkest Hour for me, went to one of their gigs and it was amazing, take a look www.myspace.com/darkesthour

secondXheartbeat 12-22-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnodrummer (Post 253747)
Darkest Hour for me, went to one of their gigs and it was amazing, take a look www.myspace.com/darkesthour

I love their engergy.

Mike Firth 12-23-2006 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondXheartbeat (Post 252380)
Protest the Hero is quite possibly the perfect band for me.

I probably sound like a broken record since I hype them on here every chance I get, but they are truely incredible, and their live show is the best I've ever seen.

My top 5 bands right now are probably Protest the Hero, Trivium, Thrice, Unearth, and Mastodon.

I've also recently gotten into Megadeth.

Totally dude, I've seen them 3 times now (as I can remember) loved them every since time.

My top 5 most listened to bands since 12/05: Silverstein, Atreyu, Billy Talent, Protest The Hero, The Matches

I have like 3,000 songs which I'm inlove with (pretty sad :o)

TopCat 12-23-2006 12:40 AM

Mastodon have been rocking my world lately. Now one of my favourite bands, ever.

Joe Kearney 12-23-2006 01:04 AM

Tool... 10 Years... Deftones... Team Sleep

drumminjohn 12-23-2006 02:25 AM

WOLFMOTHER!!!! they are freaking amazing, i love them..

and i know they split up and all, but i just got into Rage Against The Machine, At first i wasnt a fan of the music, just the lyrics, but now the music is catchin up with the lyrics, Battle of Los Angeles is their best album in my opinion, i love sleep now in the fire and guerrilla radio

moe.ron 12-23-2006 02:41 AM

yes 10 years! amazing band. absolutely love their stuff

cpearson32 12-23-2006 05:27 AM

Killswitch engage. Stonesour. Trivium. Shadows fall.
Metal forever

hauk 12-24-2006 02:35 AM

gotta agree with flogging molly, awesome band. listening to thursday now.. and rage against the machine is up there for one of my newer interests

Backwards Marathon 12-24-2006 03:00 PM

As Blood Runs Black, Senses Fail, and Frou Frou are pretty tight.

DWfan20005 03-09-2007 09:52 PM

for me its the killers.

xMrJeffx 08-20-2007 09:22 PM

I Love...

Sanctus Real, Kutless, Slipknot, KoRn, Todd Agnew, This Beautiful Republic, Hawk Nelson, FOB, MCR, AAR, Plan White T's, and Green Day...

Jeff

burnthehero 08-20-2007 09:46 PM

I've been addicted to Damiera for the last 3 months.

Wegadrummer 08-20-2007 10:17 PM

I am currently into ZZ Top, Beard is one bluesy drummer.

groovemaster_flex 08-20-2007 10:25 PM

Mute Math.
I cannot get the song Typical out of my head.
I must say, getting the cd "MuteMath" was probably the best thing I've done this year.
Kaiser Chiefs is a close second, with their song Ruby.
Seriously, get the album "Yours Truly, Angry Mob"

nhzoso 08-21-2007 03:11 AM

Black Label Society,

Blessed Hell ride and Mafia are incredible albums. I am going to buy every album they have which looks to be about 5 more. Zakk Wylde what a friggin Talent!

punkdrummer1 08-21-2007 03:43 AM

fav new band. I have about 100, because most of my bands that I listen to are considered "new". I really like the drumming on the new "all that remains" album. great band, and drummer(s) (yes, they are juggling between 2 drummers.) Another band, is the receiving end of sirens, an experimental band from boston, also known as "TREOS"....