DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   OK seriously (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21503)

secondXheartbeat 12-10-2006 08:43 PM

OK seriously

Why is Brann Dailor still on the watchlist?

I understand that only a few drummers get on the list a year, but if you played at the MD fest I think you deserve a page!

Drum-Head 12-10-2006 08:54 PM

Re: OK SERIOUSLY

I don't get these threads. It's obvious that Bernhard just can't satisfy everybody's personal wishes concerning adding drummers (although I guess he does try to please as many as possible) and he and the mods have explained the issue many times.

I think if we stay patient the drummers we dig will eventually make their way to the Drummerworld pages.

Regards,
Christopher.

T.Underhill 12-10-2006 08:54 PM

Maybe it's because Bernhard doesn't have a crack team of web writers creating pages around the clock. He gets to everyone deserving eventually, and think of how many other drummers are still on that list...

Synthetik 12-10-2006 09:04 PM

Judging from the work it takes (me, one person) to research and build a website...I can hardly imagine the time and effort it takes to research and add DOZENS of drummers on a list.

This stuff takes a lot of work. Be glad for who is there now, and the rest will eventually get there, if they decide to put them there.

tomgrosset 12-10-2006 10:18 PM

I think you should seriously think of how much work is spent building this site. My dad manufactures websites as well and he is amazed at how good this one has been structered. In addition, Bernhard has always been on the go and he has alot of other things on his plate. Your calls will soon be answered. In the meantime, learn to appreciate with what Bernhard has accomplished and the hard work that comes from the other administrators, Dogbreath and NuthaJason.

secondXheartbeat 12-10-2006 10:46 PM

I like how I request a drummer and now I'm suddenly seen as demanding and lacking knowledge of web design.

I'm just trying to express my opinion of who should be on the site, and I'm sorry if I came off as rude or implied that I was not grateful of Bernhard's work, because that is definitely not the case.

Deathmetalconga 12-10-2006 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondXheartbeat (Post 248913)
I like how I request a drummer and now I'm suddenly seen as demanding and lacking knowledge of web design.

I'm just trying to express my opinion of who should be on the site, and I'm sorry if I came off as rude or implied that I was not grateful of Bernhard's work, because that is definitely not the case.

I don't think they see you as rude or lacking in knowledge - I know I certainly see you as polite and knowledgeable.

I just don't think a volunteer site like this has the resources to get every deserving drummer up right away, even when there is no shortage of deserving names.

That's too bad, because this site is well positioned to evaluate drummers like that. It's not commercially oriented, just dedicated to a love of drumming, so it's impartial. The downside is that it doesn't have a paid staff to research and recommend names.

Synthetik 12-11-2006 05:45 AM

I didn't mean my post as a slam. But I have read this "wishlist" and "watchlist" on occasion, and new posts usually start "Serious ommission." or something similar.

I only wanted folks to be aware that based on those long lists, there have been a ton of requests, which means a ton of work to get through the queue.

I know the feeling, because the folks that have contributed to my site have kept me busy researching and adding content, and later refining it. I know what it means to have a stack of projects in the works that I just can't get to.

fijjibo 04-06-2007 09:00 PM

Re: OK seriously

Its a good point, but unfortunatly it may take some time.

rest assured that when he does get put up, itll be great......

Bernhard 04-13-2007 07:31 AM

Hi friends

Do you mean Brann Dailor - he IS featured on Drummerworld for six month now here:

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Brann_Dailor.html

Ok?

Yes and in fact there are many wishes I understand, but there are some obstacles like not finding enough material - or the drummer himself is not interested in cooperating. But sooner or later they come on board...

I good idea is for sure to send me more than just names: bios, pics, videos (..not youtube quality of course) , sounds - would be great

Bernhard

Skynman 04-13-2007 10:24 AM

I have to agree with Bernhard on what he said some people are cautious of releasing information because of the press/media and being able to keep their image "safe" then there is the legal stuff like "infringement" issues and who has the "ownership" of the material! There is a lot more then you might think with some artist. Great job so far Bernhard!