DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Aquiles Priester (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215)

Elemental Nausea 07-05-2005 11:41 PM

Aquiles Priester

man, i wanted to ask you guys if anyone knows drummer of Angra, Aquiles Priester, he is so great! I was completely stunned when I saw their live show in straßbourg this year. If you hear him on the cd you would probably say "well pretty cool stuff but not soooo amazing..." but if you see him live, it just blows you away.
He also played a solo as well , he has so many cool influences of latin music in his overall metal style...well I just made this thread to honour him, maybe anyone else shares my opinion, i hope he will soon be added to the drummers in here as well.

Nicegirl 01-13-2006 04:14 AM

yeah, he is great! I saw a live show of Angra here, in Brazil. It was so good. And, as you said, he has influences of latin music, of our culture and he put it in his metal style, and do it very well....
well, i like it! and he looks like a nice person too :)

"i hope he will soon be added to the drummers in here as well" -> me too =)

Stormrider 08-07-2006 04:37 PM

Aquiles Priester

I think he is such a great drummer and I wonder why he doesn't get attention here at all. Maybe because no-one has heard of him before. Well for those people I got a little videoclip to show you.
It is a drumsolo on tour with Angra. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_k5SYjf1Gds

KasteSuperdrummer 09-08-2006 01:24 PM

Re: Aquiles Priester

I really agree with you!! For me, Aquiles is one of best metal drummer ever...His drumming in Temple of Shadows is amazing... in fact i subscribed to his fan club!!! ^__^

Drum-Head 09-08-2006 05:26 PM

I also think that Aquiles in one of the best in the genre. His drumming is so tight and consistent and the way he intergrates brazilian rythms to his playing is awesome.

Oh and:

http://ogames.free.fr/Media/Pictures...%20Aquiles.jpg

Hehe!

the guy on the drum 10-03-2006 11:06 PM

yeah, aquiles is a great durmmer and he is such a nice person. I meet him a couple of times and he is ok. even with all his success he has his feet tide to the ground. a big part of his style he's got from deen castronovo. he does a nice job in angra but i sugest u to listen to hangar and freakeys as well. kick ass drum work on these two

juicebox 10-22-2006 07:29 AM

Yea i agree he is an amazing drummer and hes not on the list he has great videos on you tube, another drummer i want to see on the list in jaska from children of bodom

hes not the best but hes quite creative with his fills and such and he repeats his beats alot but it fits the music

Garvin 10-22-2006 05:20 PM

Well, he does have a few videos and is featured now (This thread was started a year ago). But after watching his solo video clip, I gotta say I was kind of unimpressed. I don't understand what makes him such a big deal. I mean, he's a solid metal drummer, but this solo just sounded like a bunch of excersises stacked on top of each other. I just didn't get it. I did hear him just play clave over and over, but that seemed odd to me too. Can someone explain or provide a link to a better clip?

Tama Player 11-30-2006 08:21 PM

Aquiles Priester

Now i know there has been some small threads on him, but i would like to make a newer bigger,one and discuss him and his set, etc... I love his playin and like to listen to some of his music. I think he's a pretty fast drummer and has some good chops.His set is really cool too, i love the yellow color! The mask thing at the front of his set is cool too. What do you guys think??

Peace
AGR

MagnZ 11-30-2006 10:21 PM

I think that he is an awsome drummer and I am a huge fan of Angra as well. He is the teacher too Eloy Casagrande. You can see that Eloy Use elements from Aqulies's drumsolo in his modern drummer solo. The snare fills and then the same thing on the bass drum.. Also Mapex, Paiste, Janus pedals. Even tough Eloy plays with RMV now.

Tama Player 11-30-2006 11:59 PM

Right, i remember now, thats who taught him! very good drummer!

LostRythym 12-05-2006 01:58 PM

Yea I love what he does with angra especially the starting groove of "Nothing to Say". He's a great musician!

Drum-Head 12-05-2006 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostRythym (Post 246762)
Yea I love what he does with angra especially the starting groove of "Nothing to Say". He's a great musician!

Aquiles does not play Nothing to Say that's Ricardo Confessori on the Holy Land album. Aquiles Priester joined the band in 2001 after the old formation broke up and plays only on the last recordings: Rebirth (2001), Hunters and Prey EP (2002), Rebirth World Tour live (2003), Temple of Shadows (2004) and Aurora Consurgens (2006).

Unless you were talking about what he plays on the live album...

Tama Player 12-06-2006 12:25 AM

Him and his or there band is a very good one, i lke them alot..any other fans besides the ones who have already posted??

mikeybbdrummin 12-25-2006 10:48 PM

I like his style of playing. Not to over the top. Interesting ideas.
Does anyone know how to get ahold of his DVD besides his website?

stogadrummer666 05-05-2007 08:47 PM

he's been a big inspiration to me the quick triplets and 16th/32nd notes that he uses to break up a double bass run is so mind boggling. Not to mention I am a big fan of Angra and I’m extremely jealous of all of you who have seen them live.