DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   New Mapex Pro-M (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20560)

parser 11-17-2006 10:27 PM

New Mapex Pro-M
 
2 Attachment(s)
Update with more pics and specs!

I just got it in and set up yesterday. I'm away for a few days now, but will post more pics and specs when I return. I just couldn't wait to post something though!

louis 11-17-2006 11:00 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
maaan!!! this kit looks sweeeeet!!!

everything is just beautiful, the kit, the finish, the cymbals, the snares (phhwooaar!!!!) even down to that throne!!! (the nicest ive ever seen) might i add your photography is superb too, that first picture is perfect!

dude congratulations, keep us updated, spcs and more pics when u get bak pleeeeease! = )

louis
x

Mapex589 11-17-2006 11:00 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
That is one beautiful kit!! The lighting of the picture and the color of the kit is perfect. Congrats on the new kit.

voldak 11-17-2006 11:35 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
that is a beautiful kit. I really look forward to getting some money saved up and finally buying some of these beauties. I know you just got it setup, but is there anyway you could record a little something and post it? Thanks!

mofle 11-18-2006 12:09 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
I see you got the special offer on the pro m's! I read about that in Modern Drummer! That so cool, I love your setup and the finish looks great! Does the Black Panther ''Side snare'' sound alot better than the original main snare like they said? Looks awesome!

rritter 11-18-2006 01:22 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Did you not like your Gretsch kit (from your web site)? Or just needed/wanted something new?

Class A Drummer 11-18-2006 01:39 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Great looking set. How much did it cost? btw... nice throne.

parser 11-18-2006 01:55 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer (Post 239492)
Great looking set. How much did it cost? btw... nice throne.

Thanks my friend! It cost $1299 at my local independant music store - same price as anywhere online. You gotta have a styling throne, right?

parser 11-18-2006 01:57 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rritter (Post 239478)
Did you not like your Gretsch kit (from your web site)? Or just needed/wanted something new?

I've been playing for almost 2 years now. It's always been big, loud rock (hence the Bonzo sizes - old kit) is "my kit" link in my signature. There's so much more music to create than loud rock, so I decided to get something more versatile. I still do love the Gretsch though.

parser 11-18-2006 01:59 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mofle (Post 239449)
I see you got the special offer on the pro m's! I read about that in Modern Drummer! That so cool, I love your setup and the finish looks great! Does the Black Panther ''Side snare'' sound alot better than the original main snare like they said? Looks awesome!

Yup, I got the special offer on the "Studio" configuration. The side snare sounds killer right out of the box. I haven't had a chance to ditch the "UT" (utter trash) head that came with the original main snare. I hope it sounds pretty good though. We'll see...

Thanks for the compliments!

parser 11-18-2006 02:01 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by voldak (Post 239440)
that is a beautiful kit. I really look forward to getting some money saved up and finally buying some of these beauties. I know you just got it setup, but is there anyway you could record a little something and post it? Thanks!

Well, since the band split up, I've lost access to recording gear. I'm very hesitant to post some digi-camera garbage up here. I'll see what I can do, but it'll take a while.

parser 11-18-2006 02:03 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by louis (Post 239430)
maaan!!! this kit looks sweeeeet!!!

everything is just beautiful, the kit, the finish, the cymbals, the snares (phhwooaar!!!!) even down to that throne!!! (the nicest ive ever seen) might i add your photography is superb too, that first picture is perfect!

dude congratulations, keep us updated, spcs and more pics when u get bak pleeeeease! = )

louis
x

Seriously, thank you! I had to check the thread before I went out of town, now it looks like I'm gonna be late. Thanks for the compliments on the pics too, I love photography, even when its with a digital camera. I will post more pics and give specs after the weekend for sure.

parser 11-18-2006 02:05 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mapex589 (Post 239431)
That is one beautiful kit!! The lighting of the picture and the color of the kit is perfect. Congrats on the new kit.

Thank you. I almost picked up the "7 for 6" deal they have with your same kit, same color too, so nice choice! I got suckered by the new finish of mine and I've never owned a maple kit before. It's only money, right?

h3r3tic 11-18-2006 03:05 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Nice kit dude :) Love also the finish :)

dom 11-18-2006 08:12 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
wow everything looks great. Do you still have your Gretsch?

radeq 11-18-2006 08:39 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Hi I love the colour and the set up, and esspecially those two baby black panthers :)

joeybeats 11-18-2006 10:05 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Who wouldn't want to sit down and play that beautiful set! Have fun. Joey

Latin Groover 11-18-2006 10:57 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Woah 2 years and your all ready on your 2nd kit, which may i say had PAISTE NEW SIGNITURE DARK ENGERGYS! AWESOME

TopCat 11-18-2006 12:49 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Looking good, same dimensions as my gretsch. It's funny you're doing that thing, with two kits for versatility, I considered it yesterday at a gig.

On a different note..have you been inactive lately or have I just been ignorant?

Exportdrummer 11-18-2006 03:52 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
nice kit, I really like it, do you like the paint job

AronMapex 11-19-2006 08:47 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Beautiful kit :D I have a Mapex Pro M olso :) :) :) MAPEX ROCKS!!!!!! and Black Panther Rocks olso!!!!!

hawk9290 11-20-2006 12:26 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Those are great kits, and the black panther snare adds all the more too it. sweet finish too.

h3r3tic 11-20-2006 01:06 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by parser (Post 239416)
I just got it in and set up yesterday. I'm away for a few days now, but will post more pics and specs when I return. I just couldn't wait to post something though!


Very cool kit dude! :)
Oh Im dying to have a 2 snare setup too ;)

parser 11-20-2006 08:41 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
4 Attachment(s)
Ok folks, thanks for all the great replies! Here's the specs I promised -

Mapex Pro-M Studio in Black Chrome Pearl-

22x18 kick
10x8 tom
12x10 tom
14x11 tom
16x13 tom
14x5.5 snare
12x7 Cherry Black Panther side snare

(I still prefer my 14x6.5 Hammered Phosphor Bronze BP though)

Paiste Signature Cymbals (stolen from my Gretsch)

8" splash
14" heavy hats
16" full crash
18" full crash
18" thin china
20" power crash
22" Dark Energy MK2 ride

Dom - Yes, I still have the Gretsch, but maybe not for too long.

ExportDrummer - yeah, I like the "paint job."

Radeq - EVERY time I see a BP your avatar flashes in my brain (even in the stores)! Good stuff man.

TopCat - Thanks. I'm probably gonna have to sell the Gretsch to pay for the Mapex. I have been inactive for quite some time. I'm working on my thesis in woodworking and the band started to play way too much for me. We actually broke up the day after I tracked the final "ooo's and ahhh's" for the record. Ooops. I had to stop playing with them so I finally decided to take some lessons - what a humbling experience that is!

Thanks again to all for the kind words, I hope to be more active now. I'm sure I'll be spending much more time in the "technique" section here, Lol!

Here's a couple more pics-

Sonor_Power 11-20-2006 02:33 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Holy cow, that's a cool kit! I simply love that finish! Talk about eyecandy! Congratulations, man!

parser 11-20-2006 07:54 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonor_Power (Post 240253)
Holy cow, that's a cool kit! I simply love that finish! Talk about eyecandy! Congratulations, man!

Much appreciated! I'm a woodworker, so I was pretty much sold on the natural finish - until I saw this finish. I saw it professionally photographed (NAMM show, maybe) and couldn't get it out of my head - so I went for it!

tamadrummer132 12-20-2006 11:13 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
that doesntlook like the kit in your avatar....

parser 12-21-2006 07:49 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tamadrummer132 (Post 253079)
that doesntlook like the kit in your avatar....

Yeah, I didn't have my normal lighting rig for that shoot, Lol!

AronMapex 12-21-2006 11:19 AM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Beutiful kit, but I have the same kit and im looking for new skinns. How kind of skinns should I get if I play Rock?

parser 12-21-2006 04:48 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AronMapex (Post 253263)
Beutiful kit, but I have the same kit and im looking for new skinns. How kind of skinns should I get if I play Rock?

I haven't checked out what you are currently using for heads, but I went with coated G2's on top and clear G1's underneath. I like the warmth and power of the 2-ply coated stuff on this kit. Actually, If I were to change anything, I might try coated G1's on the 10" and 12", with the G2's on the 14" and 16". I find the 10" to be a bit more difficult to tune with the G2 on it, just seems to be in competition with the bottom head instead of blending.

I do play very heavy rock at times, this works well for me.

Zildjian 242 12-21-2006 07:24 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
wow That is the exact set up I use when I gig

That kit is awesome..... How you liking that ride?

parser 12-21-2006 07:29 PM

Re: New Mapex Pro-M
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zildjian 242 (Post 253381)
wow That is the exact set up I use when I gig

That kit is awesome..... How you liking that ride?

OMG, this ride is exactly what I needed! Powerfully dark wash when I get it going, beautiful ping and easy to ride without building up the wash, and the bell is big and very audible! It makes me want to change all my sigs to the Dark Energy line. Not this year though...


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com