DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   *****My Sonor set***** (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20270)

eddrummer05 11-10-2006 07:46 AM

*****My Sonor set*****
 
4 Attachment(s)
hello guys!!! i wanna show my set!!! i added a tom and some stuff this last month!!! so i hope you guys like it!!!!

Drums: sonor force
bassD: 22"
snare:13x3" pearl maple piccolo
snare2: 14x5sonor(on the floor)
tom 1: 10"
tom 2: 12"
tom 3: 13"
floor tom: 16"
congas:10", 11"
cowbells: LP rock r rider, LP chacha low
double pedal: Tama iron cobra powerG

Cymbals:
hi hat: A quickbeat 14"
ride: A rock ride 20"
left ride: 18"( found it, think is an A series)
crash:A custom 14"
crash:A custom 16"
splash:K custom 8"
slpash:K custom 12"

Heads
Toms: top: clear ambassador, bottom: ebony ambassadors.
Snare:top: coated ambassador, bottom:ambassador snare side.
Kick: batter: clear powerstroke3

Attachment 8457

Attachment 8458

Attachment 8459

Attachment 8460

somedrummer 11-10-2006 07:49 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Nice set man! Your cymbal choice looks excellent, and as always I am in love with the 2 up 2 down setup. What number from the Force series is that?

eddrummer05 11-10-2006 07:51 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by somedrummer (Post 236295)
Nice set man! Your cymbal choice looks excellent, and as always I am in love with the 2 up 2 down setup. What number from the Force series is that?

ooh thanks man!!!! its a sonor force 2001, and the 10" tom its from the 2005 series, but it sounds good with the rest of the toms...

somedrummer 11-10-2006 07:52 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Cool man. Thanks, and great set.

eddrummer05 11-11-2006 09:26 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
thanks guys!!! no body else buaaaaaaa lol....

Wegadrummer 11-11-2006 09:40 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Nice kit... How do you like the Zildjian quick beats? it will be the nest highhats im going to buy.

da cheese walks 11-12-2006 02:03 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddrummer05 (Post 236296)
ooh thanks man!!!! its a sonor force 2001, and the 10" tom its from the 2005 series, but it sounds good with the rest of the toms...

Ive got a 2005 look sexactly like that....beautiful kit....i love it so so much...

how does your bass sound??personally i think its the greatest sounding basses you can buy...Sonor that is....so easy to tune and just great...!!!


i also love the tom moutning systems on the force sonors....

hawk9290 11-12-2006 03:39 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
awesome set man, those Sonors are great buys for the cost, and I'm seeing them all over. I like the cymbal choices though, very nice all around!

eddrummer05 11-12-2006 10:23 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wegadrummer (Post 236832)
Nice kit... How do you like the Zildjian quick beats? it will be the nest highhats im going to buy.


they are very heavy and perfect for funk music, and not very loud, very good for R&B, hip hop, funk and that kind of styles...

eddrummer05 11-12-2006 10:24 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by da cheese walks (Post 236944)
Ive got a 2005 look sexactly like that....beautiful kit....i love it so so much...

how does your bass sound??personally i think its the greatest sounding basses you can buy...Sonor that is....so easy to tune and just great...!!!


i also love the tom moutning systems on the force sonors....

ooh yeah the bass sounds great!!! with good tuning you get a big sound like it a lot

bonzo49 11-12-2006 11:18 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Who is Ed, is it Ed graham of the darkness.

joeybeats 11-12-2006 06:22 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Sweet, set! I like it. Joey

Class A Drummer 11-12-2006 06:46 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Wow man that looks like an amazing set. Pretty expensive i would think though, but must be well wroth it.

nhzoso 11-14-2006 11:05 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Very nice bro, I like the 2up 2 down as well and am looking to do that with mine if I can find a tom to match. It's nice to see Sonor matches the colors they look pretty spot on the 10" 2005 and the rest being 2001.

Synthetik 11-14-2006 12:28 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Nice kit! but a question lingers...
What made you choose Tama IC over the Sonor pedals?

nhzoso 11-14-2006 12:45 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
My guess is Sonor sets don't come with double pedals. I don't think any kits come with double pedals do they?

Synthetik 11-14-2006 12:49 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhzoso (Post 237973)
My guess is Sonor sets don't come with double pedals. I don't think any kits come with double pedals do they?

No, they don't. but when he went shopping for double pedals, he had to make a choice.

I am curious because Sonor pedals are very capable, and yet not popular at all, much like the Yamaha FD.

nhzoso 11-14-2006 12:53 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
I suspect price is a good reason. I don't care if Sonor pedals are 3 times better than any other pedal out there they are not worth the ridiculous prices they charge. Hopefully someday they will come down and compete with the IC and DW5k of the world but I would not hold my breath. Hell even come down to Axis prices and they may sell a few more. Not sure why Yamaha's are not as popular though.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/perc/...+201385&page=1

Synthetik 11-14-2006 01:03 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhzoso (Post 237976)
I suspect price is a good reason. I don't care if Sonor pedals are 3 times better than any other pedal out there they are not worth the ridiculous prices they charge. Hopefully someday they will come down and compete with the IC and DW5k of the world but I would not hold my breath. Hell even come down to Axis prices and they may sell a few more. Not sure why Yamaha's are not as popular though.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/perc/...+201385&page=1

OUCH! I forgot how expensive those were! *NO WAY* would I pay that much for a single pedal like that. I admit, I paid too much for the Trick detonator. It was a techno-geek thing and it's a great, but unnecessary pedal. If I had to do it over again, I might consider the $250 offset pedal of axis-A because of the even action.

eddrummer05 11-14-2006 07:38 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthetik (Post 237967)
Nice kit! but a question lingers...
What made you choose Tama IC over the Sonor pedals?

for the price!!! sonor giant double pedal were like 700$ like two years ago when i bought my tama ic... but yeah if i had those 700& to spend on pedals i will buy it!!!!

eddrummer05 11-14-2006 07:41 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kartikaysrivastava (Post 238001)
Nice kit. How does the snare drum sound?? Looks very crisp...

it has a nice sound,, nice crack,, doesn't have a lot of buzzzzz!!!!! and has a sound close to the drummer of 311's snare !!! & its a very versatil snare!!!!

drummer625 12-08-2006 06:10 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Very nice set.
I was thinking about buying that snare.
I'm looking for that very high pitched pop kind of sound.
Should I get it?

SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ 12-08-2006 02:56 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
I'm really digging the Western Hemisphere of that kit.

Synthetik 12-08-2006 03:05 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eddrummer05 (Post 238117)
for the price!!! sonor giant double pedal were like 700$ like two years ago when i bought my tama ic... but yeah if i had those 700& to spend on pedals i will buy it!!!!


Yeah, I agree. Sonor pedals would be nice for $300 a pair, but insane for $700.

Rossy_j 12-08-2006 04:57 PM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Nice kit! Great cymbal selection too, especially the K's. The ebony reso's look cool too :)

R

eddrummer05 01-16-2007 04:49 AM

Re: *****My Sonor set*****
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drummer625 (Post 247874)
Very nice set.
I was thinking about buying that snare.
I'm looking for that very high pitched pop kind of sound.
Should I get it?

if u like it you should!!!! itsa great second snare or a main snare too!!! good for jazz & latin music......


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com