DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Tom Fogerty (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18071)

stevo 09-15-2006 11:09 PM

Tom Fogerty

Another drummer that kept the beat. Nothing techical, fancy.
Let's hear what youre thoughts on CCR's drummer are.

LiveGoat 09-15-2006 11:15 PM

Re: Tom Fogerty

I thought Doug Clifford was CCR's drummer? Anyway, he was great.

---LG

stevo 09-15-2006 11:20 PM

Dugh. Your right. I'm thinking Doug Clifford, and all of a sudden I'm typing Tom Fogerty. Ooops.

So what do you all think of Doug CLifford?

dawg 09-16-2006 01:20 AM

clifford was good enough to help creedence sell all those platnum albums...but "great"...no.

Ruok 09-16-2006 01:43 AM

Clifford was my very first main influence on drums and I tried hard to imitate everything he did. I know John Fogerty (a pretty good drummer in his own right) would often criticize Clifford's drumming. But, I absolutely love the stuff he did with CCR. I think CCR's first album from 1968 shows the more complex and versatile side of Clifford's drumming.

Jon Cable 08-19-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruok (Post 209429)
Clifford was my very first main influence on drums and I tried hard to imitate everything he did. I know John Fogerty (a pretty good drummer in his own right) would often criticize Clifford's drumming. But, I absolutely love the stuff he did with CCR. I think CCR's first album from 1968 shows the more complex and versatile side of Clifford's drumming.

I watched Fogerty live from glastonbury, and much as I feel Aronhoff is an outstanding drummer I thought he did too much, whereas DC just did what he had to do!! Abit like comparing Adler and Sorum, as in who was best, but I definitely felt that DC was ideal for CCR, jmho!

ellenvannin105 08-22-2007 06:57 AM

I absolutely loved the drumming in Born On The Bayou. Just give me Doug Clifford's snare sound and I'd die a happy man....well,no...make that John Bonham and Doug Clifford's snare sound and I'd still die a happy man. Alot of those 1960s/early 1970s drummers like Clifford and Bonham always had the right sound in the right place almost all of the time.

Ashton Drum's 08-27-2007 08:24 AM

My dad listens to creedence and when I was a teen I used to think this band sucks there drummers crap however now I love this band Dougs an awsome drummer nothing Technical but thats what I love about him he never over plays in the song just keeps it nice and simple

T.Underhill 08-27-2007 09:51 AM

Can an admin change this thread? It's supposed to be about Doug Clifford the drummer, not Tom Fogerty the guiatrist...