DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   refinshed peavey (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17058)

Johnny_Stacks 08-20-2006 10:10 PM

refinshed peavey

2 Attachment(s)
so after a long day of refinishing my peavey international 2 series, it is almost complete. I just have to put one more coat of stain and put the lugs and hardware back on. Heres some pics of what is allready going on

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 02:23 AM

Re: refinshed peavey

2 Attachment(s)
Okay i finished everything. Here it is all set up
Comments please!

franklinj 08-21-2006 03:28 AM

Is it just me, or is the BD a different color?

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franklinj
Is it just me, or is the BD a different color?

lol yes it is. i thought i was going to look good. i still dont know if i like it or not. im gonna sleep on it and most likly just stain the bass the same color as the toms

J.W. Drummer 08-21-2006 05:03 AM

I'm not much of judge of what is good and what isn't due to my lack of knowledge in that area... but for a self done job, its pretty nice IMO. Also... is that a seriously beat up crash cymbal that I see, or is it a bad shadow?

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.W. Drummer
Also... is that a seriously beat up crash cymbal that I see, or is it a bad shadow?

lol know you did see right. it sounds half decent to. its my welfair china untill i get a real one on my birthday whitch is september 10th! cant wait lol.
and for everyone else the drums look alot better in person lol. im going to go take some pictures without the flash and see if its any better

- John

J.W. Drummer 08-21-2006 05:11 AM

Oh wow... thats a china? Well, if theres one thing I learned so far about cymbals... sometimes the worst looking ones sound the best. :-)

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.W. Drummer
Oh wow... thats a china? Well, if theres one thing I learned so far about cymbals... sometimes the worst looking ones sound the best. :-)

lol no no no. i explained it wrong sorry. it is a crash cymbal but with all thoughs cracks in it it makes it sound like a china.. a really bad one but what ever lol

- John

took a pic without the flash. not much better but i like it

J.W. Drummer 08-21-2006 05:18 AM

Ohhhh, hahaha. Thanks for the clarification. When you mentioned (china) I was like... (huh?) Hey man, just be glad you have something.. right? There are plenty of other guys out there playing with much less.

jangus 08-21-2006 05:22 AM

How do those peavey drums sound? I was offered a set for $150 the other day.

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jangus
How do those peavey drums sound? I was offered a set for $150 the other day.

Take it definitly! If they are still in good condition and you put a got set of heads on them and tune them up they sound amazing. I love my set. The only thing thats bad is if he is still useing the peavey stands and throne. Then they will eventually fall apart if the allready havnt like mine lol.

- John

Class A Drummer 08-21-2006 05:41 AM

wow man thats a tight finish. Not to wild about the bass drum finish, not just because it doesnt match, i just dont really like the color. But seriously, damn those newly finished drums look nice!

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Class A Drummer
wow man thats a tight finish. Not to wild about the bass drum finish, not just because it doesnt match, i just dont really like the color. But seriously, damn those newly finished drums look nice!

thanks alot. it was really the best i could do when i woke up at 9 and saw what Nutha did with that pearl and i want to refinish my and i just found some stain. and i guess im just use to thoughs colors since i have hard wood floor and thats the color of the bassdrum and i have the same exact stain on the coffee table next to me right now thats on the toms lol.

Oh and one quetion. i forget what the peace is called but you can see it in the pic below. how much does a new one of thoughs cost? because you cant really see in the picture but its still got the old finsh on it and i cant peel it off for some reason..

Class A Drummer 08-21-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Stacks
thanks alot. it was really the best i could do when i woke up at 9 and saw what Nutha did with that pearl and i want to refinish my and i just found some stain. and i guess im just use to thoughs colors since i have hard wood floor and thats the color of the bassdrum and i have the same exact stain on the coffee table next to me right now thats on the toms lol.

Oh and one quetion. i forget what the peace is called but you can see it in the pic below. how much does a new one of thoughs cost? because you cant really see in the picture but its still got the old finsh on it and i cant peel it off for some reason..

i dont remember, but it shouldnt be too much. you can get it in wood or plastic. Check out in the john bonham section of the main site, the vids w/ the guy on the green drumset talks bout it I think.

iamtak 08-21-2006 02:40 PM

IF you're looking to get a new hoop you can find them from www.precisiondrum.com they have the price on the website. You will need to finish/wrap them, but you seem to be up to that challenge.

Johnny_Stacks 08-21-2006 10:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. I dont need a hoop anymore because i just paint over the old finish.
Also i redid my bass drum so it matches the rest of the toms. Look alot nicer doesnt it?

BrianW 08-22-2006 01:40 AM

Def looks better when they are all the same color. Look so much better than before. I think they would look better with a better camera.

Nice job.

Johnny_Stacks 08-22-2006 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianW
Def looks better when they are all the same color. Look so much better than before. I think they would look better with a better camera.

Nice job.

Thanks. I just looked at your kit and i think we have the exact same stain on our drums. And i swear to god i didnt try to copy. I just had that stain in the house and thought it would look cool lol. Yours is much more shinny though. I should varnish mine

- John

oiboiluis 08-23-2006 08:27 PM

they look way better matching awsome kit man nice job.

Johnny_Stacks 08-25-2006 06:43 PM

Thanks bro.
Any more comments?

- John

Drifter in the Dark 08-25-2006 07:09 PM

I like how you stacked the splash on top of the crash cymbal. A cool-looking way to save space and carry less hardware! The shells look good with the stain (I'm assuming they had a wrap before). I think the kit would look really cool if you stained the bass drum to match, but that's just my opinion.

BrianW 08-25-2006 11:40 PM

Yeah man, i noticed that too. Kinda weird. And strangly enough i didnt use any varnish, just multiple coats of stain. I had a session coming up and had to re-assemble.
I keep telling myself that one of these days ill tear it down and throw 20 coats of clear coat on. .... maybe some day.

Gjoran 12-20-2006 06:18 PM

hey man! it turned out nice! I got the same peavey kit (it had green wrapping), and I'm doing some refinishing myself! just I'm about to buy a new set, and ''mix'' the two sets togheter! I'm looking for some red colored wrapping.. but none I the places I were, had it:( I wil post pictures before and after when I'm done!