DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Drummers (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Aaron Solowoniuk (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1487)

Jaymasta 08-17-2005 05:33 AM

Aaron Solowoniuk

hes a good drummer with some good rock beats some are hard but simple at the same time does anyone know him hes in a rock band called Billy Talent

spacebeat3117 08-18-2005 12:53 AM

Re: AARON SOLOWONIUK

good band , good debut cd ,but hes a bad drummer live.

Jaymasta 08-18-2005 03:22 AM

Re: AARON SOLOWONIUK

Quote:

Originally Posted by spacebeat3117
good band , good debut cd ,but hes a bad drummer live.

nawww hes good his beats are not what you'll always hear in a rock band

Jon_Adam 07-07-2006 05:10 PM

Aaron Solowoniuk

Has anyone here been as influenced by Aaron as i have? He is the drummer for billy talent and his drumming is just really simple and subtley done to stand out to me more than other rock drummers. It has a tech feel to it but is really simple. Anyone care to comment? If your listening to them though listen to the first album not the second.

Jon_Adam 07-20-2006 05:27 PM

Re: Aaron Solowoniuk

I would have to disagree that Aaron is a bad drummer live. I saw Billy Talent in Glasgow two weeks ago and i thought they were absolutely amazing! Loved every second of it although alot of the new songs on Billy Talent II arent as good as the first album.

darknessdude16 02-01-2007 02:11 PM

Aaron Solowoniuk - Billy Talent

Just wondering if there are many B.T fans in here, i've seen them live twice now and they are an amazing live band. I think that Aarons drumming is simple enough but it still keeps a more complicated sound, he has some really punky yet sometimes funky beats, anyone agree? I'd love to hear people comments about the band and Aaron

rendezvous_drummer 02-01-2007 07:28 PM

I've seen them twice and both times I've been very impressed. They are a very good band and I really like Aaron's drumming. Simple and it fits the music so well.

darknessdude16 02-04-2007 01:52 PM

If anyone has a little time to spare and fancies putting together a picture of Aarons Kit that would be great for me, as I would love to replicate it for myself, any detail along with the picture would be kool, like size of kit and shell size n stuff if anyone has it then kool. Even if no-one can do a pic, then does anyone know what he plays and where they are possitioned? Pic would be great tho. Many thanks x

rendezvous_drummer 02-04-2007 08:51 PM

I don't have a pic, but he uses pearl masters, 4 piece. one rack tom on a snare stand. He uses 14" AAX celerator hats and vault crashes 16", 18" and 20" ride. His tom sizes are
12", 16" and bass is 22"

malakian 03-13-2007 10:27 PM

Aaron Solowoniuk

Aaron Solowoniuk from Billy Talent. Okay hes not the best but his drum lines fit in to all their songs perfectly. Anyone agree? He taught himself and has developed in to a good musician. He plays pearl reference I'm sure. Anyone else like him or have anything they want to say about him? Malakian

darknessdude16 03-17-2008 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer (Post 272237)
I don't have a pic, but he uses pearl masters, 4 piece. one rack tom on a snare stand. He uses 14" AAX celerator hats and vault crashes 16", 18" and 20" ride. His tom sizes are
12", 16" and bass is 22"

How do you know this? Where is it from? I really want to get the same cymbals or something that sounds the same anyway, because I love his sound. I heard that he used HHX now you see x

rendezvous_drummer 03-17-2008 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darknessdude16 (Post 419920)
How do you know this? Where is it from? I really want to get the same cymbals or something that sounds the same anyway, because I love his sound. I heard that he used HHX now you see x

He used to play the Vault series for the recording of Billy Talent 2, but he has gone back to HHX, but am not sure which exact cymbals he uses.

CharlieCulbert 07-04-2009 06:21 PM

I'm Pretty sure he still plays the aax-celator hats though