DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Drums (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need help buying an ekit (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115054)

Nolo94 03-10-2014 05:12 AM

Need help buying an ekit

I've been playing for about roughly 5 months on an acoustic kit which isn't mine and I have to travel to even play. So I was thinking of buying my own kit. I want an ekit because its much quieter then an acoustic, there is no way I could have a real acoustic kit where I live right now altho I would prefer an acoustic kit over an ekit, I should also mention that I plan on playing drums for a long time, I've been practicing nearly every day for ever since I started, also I wont be able to afford/have an acoustic kit for the near future, so a good quality ekit would be awesome. I should also mention that I know absolutly nothing about ekits. So what im looking for is

A kit with double bass (pedals)
I plan on playing alot of heavy metal and nu metal, and practicing blast beats.
I would prefer something in the price range of 600 euro (840 usd)
but I can maybe push as far as 785 eur (1090 usd)
if you can find a good one which is cheaper then what I mentioned then great :)
atleast 1 ride, 2 cymbals and 3 toms sounds good.
I should also mention that I should be able to change the sound of 1 of the cymbals to a china cymbal.
Thanks for any help.

Yamaha41 03-10-2014 06:45 AM

Re: Need help buying an ekit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nolo94 (Post 1239112)
I've been playing for about roughly 5 months on an acoustic kit which isn't mine and I have to travel to even play. So I was thinking of buying my own kit. I want an ekit because its much quieter then an acoustic, there is no way I could have a real acoustic kit where I live right now altho I would prefer an acoustic kit over an ekit, I should also mention that I plan on playing drums for a long time, I've been practicing nearly every day for ever since I started, also I wont be able to afford/have an acoustic kit for the near future, so a good quality ekit would be awesome. I should also mention that I know absolutly nothing about ekits. So what im looking for is

A kit with double bass (pedals)
I plan on playing alot of heavy metal and nu metal, and practicing blast beats.
I would prefer something in the price range of 600 euro (840 usd)
but I can maybe push as far as 785 eur (1090 usd)
if you can find a good one which is cheaper then what I mentioned then great :)
atleast 1 ride, 2 cymbals and 3 toms sounds good.
I should also mention that I should be able to change the sound of 1 of the cymbals to a china cymbal.
Thanks for any help.

Any Roland Kit in you price range.

New Tricks 03-10-2014 08:55 PM

Re: Need help buying an ekit

Quote:

Any Roland Kit in you price range
Yes and, used kits are fine.

Also, you will need mesh head snare and toms.

And, you can set the cymbals/pads to whatever you want. The more expensive the module, the more choices you have. The cymbals are the weak link in E kits but they are better than nothing.