DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pedals (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Am I being scammed? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114088)

pepo 02-05-2014 04:15 PM

Am I being scammed?

Hello guys,

there is this guy who is offering to sell me what he claims to be a Ludwig double pedal. he sent me a picture online of it and it didn't have the brand carved on it. he claims that he has the case and everything and will show me the day he gives me the pedals for a try. but I am suspicious.

my question is does Ludwig produce pedals that doesn't have the brand carved on it?

Arky 02-05-2014 04:17 PM

Re: Am I being scammed?

Welcome to the forum.

Can you upload the pic? (No Ludwig expert here but the pic might help anyway.)

pepo 02-05-2014 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
there it is, the image he sent me.

drummerfish 02-08-2014 10:57 AM

not a ludwig pedal from any year.

it could be some sort of lower line ludwig pedal but it and the kit is not sold as a ludwig (i forgot the name it goes by) even then, no one offers a dbl pedal for a begginer line of kits.

bermuda 02-08-2014 04:35 PM

Not a lower line Ludwig either. Can't really tell just from the footboard what it might be, although my first thought was an older Tama.

Bermuda

alparrott 02-08-2014 05:05 PM

Almost looks like a clone of an older model Pearl pedal. But no, not a Ludwig.

bermuda 02-08-2014 05:58 PM

The indentation on the footboard looks like it might have had a Pearl logo there, good call alparrott!

Doesn't look like it's in great shape though, I would avoid it just on principle for being an older pedal and probably having the fit and smoothness problems older pedals do.

Bermuda

Acidline303 02-08-2014 06:05 PM

Definitely looks like a Pearl.

In addition to what Bermuda said, I'd avoid it primarily because it looks like the slave linkage is completely severed just to the left of center and only held together by that tape.

The Old Hyde 02-08-2014 07:15 PM

For 10dollars your not being scammed, anything more than that, yes. how much is he asking?

MrInsanePolack 02-08-2014 09:47 PM

It appears to have a quick-release hoop clamp. Yamaha puts these on some of their pedals. I could not find this pedal anywhere, but the angles of the cuts in the foot board could be Yamaha, or a copy of a Yamaha. I don't think it is Pearl. I have been a Pearl user since 92, and don't recognize it as a Pearl product. I don't think Pearl ever had a quick-release hoop clamp either.

Something makes me think this pedal is a cob-job. The top part of the spring assembly looks newer, and the driveshaft has some type of screw in the cv joint.

alparrott 02-08-2014 10:12 PM

Yeah, I didn't say it *was* a Pearl -- just that it looked a copy. The footboard grip pattern is not Pearl, and as MIP pointed out, Pearl pedals of the type that is being copied didn't have QR hoop clamps. Additionally, the upright frames on the pedals probably would have been black with a late 80's/early 90's Pearl double-chain pedal.

I think it's worth a good laugh and a stick of gum and aught else.

MrInsanePolack 03-06-2014 03:28 AM

In the "Show Us You Tiny Kit" thread, this exact pedal, in single form, is on the tiny kit posted by Doom, post #255. Perhaps he can tell us what this is exactly.

Les Ismore 03-06-2014 03:43 AM

I'll guess early MAPEX.

porter 03-06-2014 05:43 AM

It does look like it might be a Pearl copy or something, mainly because of that "swoosh" pattern on the footboard- looks similar to the swoosh that's on the Eliminator PowerShifter as well as many of their lower lines before they made the footboards resemble the Demon Drive footboard last year.
http://www.manchesterdrum.com/avacti...s/P-2002C2.jpg

MrInsanePolack 04-23-2014 06:47 PM

I found the answer, it is a Ddrum Dominion double.

Les Ismore 04-23-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrInsanePolack (Post 1253371)
I found the answer, it is a Ddrum Dominion double.

No points tho, unless you have substantial proof. ☜

MrInsanePolack 04-23-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Ismore (Post 1253435)

Here you go:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums...-hardware-pack

porter 04-23-2014 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Les Ismore (Post 1253435)

Or, you know, you could Google the image and see that he's correct in about 3 seconds.

Dre25 04-24-2014 02:33 AM

Looks like a pedal I just received with a ddrum kit.

Someone indicated that it might be a stagg though.

Tommy_D 04-24-2014 02:45 AM

Unless they are giving you the pedal for free, I would find something else.

On second thought, unless they are paying YOU to take the pedal, just walk away. That thing belongs in a dumpster, not behind a bass drum.

MrInsanePolack 04-24-2014 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre25 (Post 1253505)
Looks like a pedal I just received with a ddrum kit.

Someone indicated that it might be a stagg though.

Your new kit pics is what led me to look at DDrum hardware. It is for sure a DDrum Dominion pedal, unless Musicians Friend is wrong. I highly doubt it though.

Dre25 04-24-2014 03:52 AM

I tried to google but my phone is runnin a bit slow. Founds this though:

http://www.varietymusic.com.au/tour-...ive-chain.html

That site says its legacy. Either way mine is the same as OP's and I would avoid because mine was seemingly put together by a drunk person - the cam is set incorrectly on the shaft and I think it needs to be dismantled to be fixed.

Also he guy is a shark, I wouldn't buy his pedal even if I thought it was okay - it's clearly not a ludwig.

porter 04-24-2014 04:47 AM

It is at least a double-chain design, but I agree with the consensus here: it's not a Ludwig, it doesn't look good otherwise, probably stay away.

MrInsanePolack 04-24-2014 04:48 AM

Perhaps Legacy is an offshoot of Ddrum, like all those stencil kits that Pearl made. The two pedals appear to be identical.

Dre25 04-24-2014 05:38 AM

Yeah probably. A large percentage of drum hardware comes from the same factory.

I also got some tom arms with that kit and they're identical to my yamaha ones apart from the actual rod part.

Reggae_Mangle 04-28-2014 03:37 PM

Obviously something wrong here. Walk away and don't look back.