DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   C&C 1 up 2 down (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113338)

jt.mcrae 01-11-2014 05:10 AM

C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Hi all

My christmas present to myself finally came in yesterday. I present my very own C&C Player Date II walnut finish drum set

Shells are Maple//Mahogany//Maple and are in the sizes of
22x14
12x8
14x14
16x15

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/15/v247.jpg

They sound amazing. The bass drum is a canon of pure warmth and low end and the toms are nice and fat

drumdevil9 01-11-2014 05:25 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Absolutely beautiful. I love C&C.

DancingMadlyBackwards 01-11-2014 06:32 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Awesome....been looking through their site for some time now. Congrats!

BabyBob 01-11-2014 09:33 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
That's a real classy kit you got there. Congrats!

bobdadruma 01-11-2014 01:21 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Very nice kit. I really like the look of the walnut with the center lugs.

jt.mcrae 01-11-2014 02:21 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Just some more pics. It really does look as good as it sounds

Also I have to say the customer service from C&C is outstanding. Originally the due date was early December in time for a major session I had booked. Sadly they hit a shortage of wood and the kit was delayed by a month. Due to this hiccup C&C Australia let me hire out their national tour back line kit free of charge and gave me free express air mail on my actual kit. They kept me updated every step of the way

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...22226268_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...55120552_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...44886630_n.jpg

DancingMadlyBackwards 01-11-2014 07:01 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Can we hear it? How about a 1 mic setup...out in front of the kit...simple and pure. I would really like to hear those....again, just a. Beauty of a kit

Chunkaway 01-15-2014 01:34 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Lovely! I am a huge fan of C&C drums (I own two kits) and your kit is particularly stunning.

Congrats!

Pass.of.E.r.a. 01-17-2014 01:59 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
I've been eyeing up this series for a while now... and DAMN that's a beautiful kit of yours. If I were ever to order one I was going to go with the white marine pearl finish, but seeing pics of you're kit really makes me re-think this. Is it that dark in person?

Wow, I love how they really looked after you man! Talk about going above and beyond!

What cymbals are you running?

-Jonathan

jt.mcrae 01-27-2014 01:42 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pass.of.E.r.a. (Post 1220693)
I've been eyeing up this series for a while now... and DAMN that's a beautiful kit of yours. If I were ever to order one I was going to go with the white marine pearl finish, but seeing pics of you're kit really makes me re-think this. Is it that dark in person?

Wow, I love how they really looked after you man! Talk about going above and beyond!

What cymbals are you running?

-Jonathan

Hey Jonathan

Where are you based? If in Aus then definitely order through C&C Australia direct. Jared is the national rep and an absolute dude.
I want went the dark walnut because I've never really been a fan of white marine pearl and I already have a Gretsch kit in the natural finish. It's not quite as dark as in the pool shots and it seems to take on a warm glow depending on the light it's under.

Cymbals currently are

15 K light hats (swap with 14 Istanbul Agop Jazz sometimes)
19 K custom hybrid crash
21 A Sweet Ride (used as a crash)
24 Istanbul Agop medium ride (sometimes 22 K Light ride)

Really loving the Agop stuff and the next set of purchases will be hats and two big crashes to replace the Ks

Cheers

JT

jt.mcrae 01-27-2014 01:43 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunkaway (Post 1219975)
Lovely! I am a huge fan of C&C drums (I own two kits) and your kit is particularly stunning.

Congrats!

Thanks :)
I definitely want to buy more now. Maybe a bop kit, or new snare :P

jt.mcrae 02-07-2014 04:43 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys here's a just a little sound file from a studio session

hope ya dig

JT

panop 02-07-2014 05:26 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Look and sound great. Congrats!

MatrixClaw 02-26-2014 08:22 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Nice!

I just got rid of an older C&C a few months ago and shipped out the snare yesterday. Already having seller's remorse on that snare... but I'm getting a Supraphonic LM402 in return, so I think I can deal with it for now... :P

GRUNTERSDAD 02-28-2014 03:34 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
I was going to ask how old they are. But they are new. I am digging the retro bass drum claws. and they sound great

jt.mcrae 02-28-2014 11:47 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 1235674)
I was going to ask how old they are. But they are new. I am digging the retro bass drum claws. and they sound great

Yep, new as of Dec 2013. The bass drum claws are probably my least favourite part of the kit, that is if I have to have a least favourite part. They look awesome but take a while to set the kick drum up straight and level.

I've played a couple of gigs with this kit and everyone seems to love it. Definitely looking at picking up a custom snare to slot in

SgtThump 03-03-2014 04:18 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Congrats on that killer beautiful set! I love the sizes too.

jt.mcrae 03-09-2014 04:18 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SgtThump (Post 1236770)
Congrats on that killer beautiful set! I love the sizes too.

I was weighing up between these and a 24,13,16,18 set. However, most of the session work I do don't require such large sizes and I didn't really want to be lugging around unnecessary weight. I'm very happy with what I got in the end

TheHeelDrummer 03-09-2014 05:04 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Love the way that kit looks. Very nice. Make sure no one jumps in the pool and splashes it ;p

porter 03-11-2014 08:55 AM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jt.mcrae (Post 1236017)
Yep, new as of Dec 2013. The bass drum claws are probably my least favourite part of the kit, that is if I have to have a least favourite part. They look awesome but take a while to set the kick drum up straight and level.

Get some memory locks, maybe. I have DW hoop clamp spurs which unfortunately have that same system but don't include memory locks, but those brackets look like they could handle some.

jt.mcrae 03-13-2014 11:41 PM

Re: C&C 1 up 2 down
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by porter (Post 1239508)
Get some memory locks, maybe. I have DW hoop clamp spurs which unfortunately have that same system but don't include memory locks, but those brackets look like they could handle some.

Yeah that is something I've thought about. I think I have a few spare memory locks lying around. Better find them and test it out :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com