DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pedals (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Looking for a Rogers substitute strap (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111610)

Bo Eder 11-08-2013 01:09 AM

Looking for a Rogers substitute strap

Hey all,

So I put a word out to our Rogers expert here, John Ploughman, but I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else can help me out.

I just picked up a Rogers Supreme pedal from the mid-70s to go with my Rogers kit I just got, and I always loved that pedal - in fact, I think Tama stole that design (with a few major modifications) to create their King Beat pedal - but that's another story. Anyway, I always thought the Rogers felt great when I played other peoples' new ones back in the day, so now I have one.

Mine has a strap that's original, it's in good shape, but it's pushing 40 years old. Does anyone here have a line on a replacement? I'm sure I'll need one soon. The Gibraltar straps I have for my Tama FlexiFlyer pedal are narrower in width than the Rogers, so I was wondering if anyone was making replacements in the same size out there?

And the strap for the Swiv-O-matic are not the same width, I checked. Apparently, there's people who make those straps.

I'd appreciate any and all info!

JohnPloughman 11-08-2013 03:29 AM

Re: Looking for a Rogers substitute strap

Try Drews Music in Woonsocket RI, Al drew is the man. He will probably have an NOS replacement. He has a ton of original NOS factory parts.

Bo Eder 11-08-2013 08:36 AM

Thanks John! I'll get in touch with them ASAP!

tamadrm 11-08-2013 03:29 PM

Bo,if John's guy dosen't for some reason have the strap,you can try nylon webbing that climbers use.Very tough stuff.

Steve B

Bo Eder 11-08-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamadrm (Post 1196485)
Bo,if John's guy dosen't for some reason have the strap,you can try nylon webbing that climbers use.Very tough stuff.

Steve B

Thanks Steve but John's guy did come through! He has several NOS ones so I'll order a couple. Awesome!

JohnPloughman 11-09-2013 01:44 AM

Al Drew is the go to man for the obscure Rogers part. Always. Also Bobby Chiasson at Drumfarm.com

kevinmac 01-28-2014 10:21 PM

Go to a leather shop and get a piece of strap leather and cut, and put holes in as needed

Red Menace 01-28-2014 11:23 PM

Bo, if you can measure it and get the dimensions for everything I can make you some straps out of leather. Leatherworking is a hobby of mine and I probably could make some straps out of the scraps I have laying around.

Bo Eder 01-29-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Menace (Post 1224501)
Bo, if you can measure it and get the dimensions for everything I can make you some straps out of leather. Leatherworking is a hobby of mine and I probably could make some straps out of the scraps I have laying around.

Thanks for the offer! I'll take the existing strap off and measure it out and send you a PM when I can. I'm pretty busy the next few weeks and have gone back to using my trusty Flexi-Flyer as of late, but I promise I'll do that! I appreciate it!

larryace 01-29-2014 12:29 AM

I got a really strong butt strap for ya....

Sorry, it was a duck shot and I couldn't not take it.

:)

lsits 01-29-2014 01:04 AM

I have a Gibraltar strap drive pedal. I pulled off the strap and measured it. It's 7" long and 5/8" wide with holes on each end spaced 6 1/8 on center. If that's the same size as the Rogers strap it might be a less expensive alternative. It's made pf Kevlar, so it should last a good long time.

Bo Eder 01-29-2014 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1224529)
I got a really strong butt strap for ya....

Sorry, it was a duck shot and I couldn't not take it.

:)

Oh. My. Side.

Thanks for the advice on the Gibraltar strap, but I have those as well for my FlexiFlyer, and this Rogers strap is actually the same thing, but on steroids.