DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My new pork pie custom!! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110960)

Sparkboss 10-12-2013 11:09 PM

My new pork pie custom!!
 
13 Attachment(s)
Hey guys! I picked it up last week!! Sorry i'm a week late to post pics eheheh. I got it in matte black stain and it's sooo nice!

Sizes are:
8x7
10x8
12x9
14x11
16x13
14x6 sn
22x18 b

I got all the toms as rack toms, that way if i want to condense the kit, i can just toss the 14 above my bass and leave the 16 down!

i left the 16 and 12 off for now because i didn't have the stand, but it's in the mail now!! And i've gotten my nice set up of vintage emps and ambos for my toms, new batter ps3 for bass and Renaissance ambos for my snares! a nice new gibraltar pedal and i need to replace my hats and hat stand! i haven't really gotten to really let loose on it yet, and i can't wait to do so :). Also check out the little slanted edge on the bass drum hoop!

Anywho, here they are!

TColumbia37 10-12-2013 11:36 PM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
That's rad! I love Pork Pie stuff!

bobdadruma 10-13-2013 12:45 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Nice kit, Very interesting finish.
I also like two place my high toms on the left.

GRUNTERSDAD 10-13-2013 01:14 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
nice. I like the satin black.

eclipseownzu 10-13-2013 01:18 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Confused by the B8 hats. Everything else is top-notch. Do you just like the sound or is there some other more nefarious reason for the B8 hi-hats.

v.zarate 10-13-2013 06:25 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipseownzu (Post 1188770)
Confused by the B8 hats. Everything else is top-notch. Do you just like the sound or is there some other more nefarious reason for the B8 hi-hats.

i think it might be called "work in progress" or "still under construction"

anywayz......sweet kit bud! is it maple, birch etc...?

Emmaticus00 10-13-2013 06:38 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
It must sound great with those heads and what hats do you plan on getting?

Sparkboss 10-14-2013 08:44 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipseownzu (Post 1188770)
Confused by the B8 hats. Everything else is top-notch. Do you just like the sound or is there some other more nefarious reason for the B8 hi-hats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.zarate (Post 1188812)
i think it might be called "work in progress" or "still under construction"

anywayz......sweet kit bud! is it maple, birch etc...?

This lol! work in progress. i have purchased everything top notch for the kit except hats. Reason being.. it seems so difficult to find nice hats to try out! i'll probably end up with hats from any of sabians hh\x aa\x lines, or bosphorus vintage hats :)

Anyhow, ti answer your Q zarate, they're full maple! The heads on them now are just stock heads so i haven't taken too much time to tune em up! But i'm gonna strap all these Vintage emperors on em tomorrow and see how they fare!

whiteknightx 10-14-2013 02:27 PM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
they look really sharp. Nice kit! it's hard to tell from your pictures, but you can see the wood grain in the toms, but the kick looks like a solid matt black. Do they match in person?

I use the same Gibraltar pedal as my backup to my Pearl Eliminators. It's highly underrated for such an inexpensive double pedal. I often find myself liking it better than almost any other pedal I've played, including my Pearls.

Sparkboss 10-15-2013 12:04 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteknightx (Post 1189071)
they look really sharp. Nice kit! it's hard to tell from your pictures, but you can see the wood grain in the toms, but the kick looks like a solid matt black. Do they match in person?

I use the same Gibraltar pedal as my backup to my Pearl Eliminators. It's highly underrated for such an inexpensive double pedal. I often find myself liking it better than almost any other pedal I've played, including my Pearls.

you can see the wood grain in the bass, but it is a little difficult to see, maybe just not many grains on the outside ply?

Yeah these gibraltar pedals are definitely smooth! i've always been keen of gibraltar's equipment especially since its such high quality, but such low cost in comparison to the DW lines!

rmandelbaum 10-16-2013 04:00 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Great kit and a great company. I tok a vintage Ludwig the them to have new edges cut and Bill did it himself.

v.zarate 10-16-2013 05:29 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkboss (Post 1189045)
This lol! work in progress. i have purchased everything top notch for the kit except hats. Reason being.. it seems so difficult to find nice hats to try out! i'll probably end up with hats from any of sabians hh\x aa\x lines, or bosphorus vintage hats :)

Anyhow, ti answer your Q zarate, they're full maple! The heads on them now are just stock heads so i haven't taken too much time to tune em up! But i'm gonna strap all these Vintage emperors on em tomorrow and see how they fare!

being maple, they are gonna have a killer sound with vinties.

congrats again on the new kit!

-vince

Sparkboss 10-16-2013 07:09 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmandelbaum (Post 1189701)
Great kit and a great company. I tok a vintage Ludwig the them to have new edges cut and Bill did it himself.

Yeah! That's what's great about pork pie, bill does all the bearing edges himself :) Flawless if i do say so myself, and he showed me the bench that he does it on.. just a huge circular sand paper type thing. Not sure what he does to get the edges so spot on.. but he does!

Quote:

Originally Posted by v.zarate (Post 1189715)
being maple, they are gonna have a killer sound with vinties.

congrats again on the new kit!

-vince

Thanks man! I'm still in the process of gettin all my heads ready to go. Tuning takes a bit longer than normal as i'm trying the little Idrumtech app that came out for tuning.. as opposed to my own tuning heh. but it seems to be doing really well thus far!

Redbeard 10-16-2013 09:12 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Your kit is famous, I saw it on the PP facebook page! What clamps are you using to mount the toms to the cymbal stand?

FoolInTheRain 10-16-2013 03:32 PM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Looks fantastic. I like the "murdered out" look of the matte black.

Just curious...how thick are the shells?

v.zarate 10-17-2013 01:31 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparkboss (Post 1189735)
Yeah! That's what's great about pork pie, bill does all the bearing edges himself :) Flawless if i do say so myself, and he showed me the bench that he does it on.. just a huge circular sand paper type thing. Not sure what he does to get the edges so spot on.. but he does!



Thanks man! I'm still in the process of gettin all my heads ready to go. Tuning takes a bit longer than normal as i'm trying the little Idrumtech app that came out for tuning.. as opposed to my own tuning heh. but it seems to be doing really well thus far!

i was just experimenting with drumalyzer app for android. i used the tune-bot settings with drumalyzer to see if they would work.... got my snare tuned to an E now

Sparkboss 10-18-2013 09:27 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redbeard (Post 1189756)
Your kit is famous, I saw it on the PP facebook page! What clamps are you using to mount the toms to the cymbal stand?

Hah! I didnt have any idea that he'd posted it already! I'll have to check it out :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolInTheRain (Post 1189815)
Looks fantastic. I like the "murdered out" look of the matte black.

Just curious...how thick are the shells?

To be honest i can't 100% remember. but i know bill has his "progressive ply design" Where he tends to make smaller toms only 7 plies (Again, not sure of thickness) whereas bigger drums progress to more plies. i'll double check, but i think he's got it posted on hit site.

RobertM 11-07-2013 10:21 AM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Now that's some serious doh-rae-me ($$$). Pork Pie makes great drums--I have an older PP snare in custom Jeff Porcaro blue lacquer from the days when PP used Keller shells.

daniboun 11-08-2013 09:15 PM

Re: My new pork pie custom!!
 
Nice kit !

Really love the double 45 bearing edges ! Like the Spaun ones ;)

http://www.spaundrums.com/images/bearingedge.jpghttp://www.spaundrums.com/images/bearingedge.jpg


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com