DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pedals (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   9711GS G-CLASS- Discuss (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110747)

Les Ismore 10-04-2013 08:30 PM

9711GS G-CLASS- Discuss

4 Attachment(s)
GIBRALTAR'S latest attempt.

Seems they've been watching JoJo, TRICK, DEAMON Dr since their CATAPULT moved onto the afterlife, no more radical new designs, play it safe, follow the herd.

G-Class lifts design cues from the pedals mentioned above. I don't like the thick bottom plate, raises the show off the floor too much. Surprised no attempt at a longboard. Price will make or break this pedal IMO.

.................................................. ...............

Reggae_Mangle 10-05-2013 11:44 AM

Re: 9711GS G-CLASS- Discuss

Looks like it costs about as much as a pair of Iron Cobras or DW5002s and about $70 more than a Pearl Eliminator.

I'd be interested in knowing whether it's a "heavy" or "light" pedal. Looks to be the former, a lot of metal on the body. It's got a spring tension knob like a Trick, which is interesting, but it's a conventional expansion type rather than a compression mechanism.

Might be really nice. Might also sink like a stone. Would love to try one.

KarlCrafton 10-21-2013 07:57 PM

I tried this one at the shop a while ago. It's OK.

It's smooth, but it felt a bit heavy to me. "Heavy feeling" is subjective, but it's well made, and easy to set up.

It's sturdy, without weighing a ton, and I liked the finish color--or lack of color.
I won't be leaving my Eliminators for this pedal, but I did like it more than an IC Power Glide, or Rolling Glide.

Reggae_Mangle 10-23-2013 12:11 PM

Just noticed the beater weight design. Quite innovative.

KarlCrafton 10-31-2013 03:28 AM

I messed around on this one a bit again at the shop the other day.

Not for me, but the base really isn't different in feel than anything else. It didn't feel like my foot was higher--which would really bug me. Th eIC heel plate feels higher to me actually. That was the reason I gave up on the Flexi I had. I liked it a lot, but the heel height started to bug me.

The JoJo pedal wasn't for me either, after playing on one for quite a while.

I'm still most happy with my Eliminator single (red cam, shortened strap).

Brotato Chip 10-31-2013 03:39 AM

Looks pretty sleek, I like the design of the clamp plus the adjustable beater weight is a cool idea. Too bad there's not a longboard model, I'm still waiting for the release of the double pedal so I can get my hands or should I say feet on them.

Florian 10-31-2013 04:28 AM

Im not seeing anything innovative other than the weighted beater.

F

Les Ismore 11-02-2013 11:11 PM

The single post design allows for a short shaft, longer shafts mean more weight. Most standard single pedal designs use a 5.5" shaft which is weighty and there's a lot of wasted space on the shaft.

With a short shaft design weight savings is moot if the cam and beater holder are bulky/heavy. There are some double post designs that employ a short(er) shaft, the posts angle inward... this is a great design that's not really been refined.

Reggae_Mangle 11-05-2013 12:11 PM

Design is a good thing, but doesn't define a great pedal. I reiterate, I would love to try one out.