DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   If you were my teacher ... (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109557)

Magenta 08-17-2013 10:52 PM

If you were my teacher ...
 
1 Attachment(s)
... and I didn't want to play Swiss Army Triplets - would you make me?

Mad About Drums 08-17-2013 11:13 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
I'm Swiss, I did my military service, but I never played Swiss Army Triplets... so no, I wouldn't make you play them at all, however, I'll teach you a few things about drumming in exchange of these lovely caekes :)

Magenta 08-17-2013 11:22 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
YOU NEVER PLAYED SWISS ARMY TRIPLETS?? Amateur!

The caeks look a bit squashed in the photo, but in reality they weren't. They were my first attempt at choux pastry, and tasted damn good, if I say so meself.

And either they worked, or he hadn't planned on doing Swiss Army Bastard Triplets anyway. More probably the latter; he has all the brutality of innocent youth.

brady 08-18-2013 12:32 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Nice bribe attempt with the cakes. It would probably work on me...

That said, is there a particular reason you don't want to do Swiss Army Triplets? I actually find them easier than Flam Accents.

JustJames 08-18-2013 12:42 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Swiss Army triplets are great.

They have fold out attachments that you can use for straight ahead rock, extracting wine corks and [Billy Connolly]removing stanes from horses' hooves[/Billy Connolly].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRDTEdMhWY

And those aren't caeks.

They are clearly magenta Magenta (or possibly Magenta's magenta) profiteroles.

Mad About Drums 08-18-2013 12:49 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171712)
YOU NEVER PLAYED SWISS ARMY TRIPLETS?? Amateur!

I never claim to be anything else than an amateur :)

I hope I'll be lucky enough to taste those caeks one day....

Magenta 08-18-2013 01:41 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brady (Post 1171726)
Nice bribe attempt with the cakes. It would probably work on me...

That said, is there a particular reason you don't want to do Swiss Army Triplets? I actually find them easier than Flam Accents.

I hate flam accents too, but I can blag them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJames (Post 1171727)
Swiss Army triplets are great.

They have fold out attachments that you can use for straight ahead rock, extracting wine corks and [Billy Connolly]removing stanes from horses' hooves[/Billy Connolly].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzRDTEdMhWY

And those aren't caeks.

They are clearly magenta Magenta (or possibly Magenta's magenta) profiteroles.

I luffs you. Never yet had to remove a stane from my horse's hoof, but one lives in hoep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171731)
I never claim to be anything else than an amateur :)

I hope I'll be lucky enough to taste those caeks one day....

It's your accent, it makes me go all warm and fuzzy. A bit like the cat hair which decorates the caeks ...

Did I ever, ever say how much I love it here, by the way?

Mad About Drums 08-18-2013 01:49 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171740)
Did I ever, ever say how much I love it here, by the way?

Same here.... it's a nice place to hang out isn't it? I love it :)

Nice avatar by the way :-)

keep it simple 08-18-2013 01:51 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Too much flaming around for my licking :)

Did Ian's visit inspire such girlyness in the icing department?

Magenta 08-18-2013 01:53 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171741)
Nice avatar by the way :-)

Nice? It's fab, I think you'll find, despite JustJames's assertion that it's a blue-rinse tiger. (Do Swiss women have blue rinse? I doubt it.)

But where were you when I NEEDED you to defend me, and all I had were my claws? :'( (It's PM stuff.)

Magenta 08-18-2013 01:54 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1171743)
Too much flaming around for my licking :)

Did Ian's visit inspire such girlyness in the icing department?

Dear god.

And yes, obv!! He insists on glitter on his desserts.

keep it simple 08-18-2013 02:01 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171745)
Dear god.

Fear not.

Flaming = Swiss army triplet reference
Licking = icing reference

Just Andy being a smart arse ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171745)

He insists on glitter on his desserts.

Do you want to be in my gang?

Mad About Drums 08-18-2013 02:08 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171744)
Nice? It's fab, I think you'll find, despite JustJames's assertion that it's a blue-rinse tiger.

I'm not aware of JustJames's assertion, but I know who did your avatar :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171744)
(Do Swiss women have blue rinse? I doubt it.)

Couldn't tell you, I'm a happy married man for the last 31 years to a beautiful English lady :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171744)
But where were you when I NEEDED you to defend me, and all I had were my claws? :'( (It's PM stuff.)

I appreciate and sympathise for the need of some help, however, Switzerland is a neutral country, as a result I can't take side in a dispute or disagreement between members.

However, Swiss people are very polite, so who ever you had trouble with, I would have said hello...
.

Magenta 08-18-2013 02:10 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1171747)
Fear not.

Flaming = Swiss army triplet reference
Licking = icing reference

Just Andy being a smart arse ;)

Do you want to be in my gang?

I got them, I got them! Go me!!

Yes please. How much will it cost?

keep it simple 08-18-2013 02:20 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171751)
I got them, I got them! Go me!!

Yes please. How much will it cost?

I don't think you fully got the Glitter reference :( You wouldn't want to be in his gang!

Magenta 08-18-2013 02:21 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171749)
I'm not aware of JustJames's assertion, but I know who did your avatar :)

It was some bloke I met on the internet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171749)
Couldn't tell you, I'm a happy married man for the last 31 years to a beautiful English lady :)

That explains a lot. All English women, even the part-bred ones, are beautiful. Mr Madge will tell you the same thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171749)
I appreciate and sympathise for the need of some help, however, Switzerland is a neutral country, as a result I can't take side in a dispute or disagreement between members.

However, Swiss people are very polite, so who ever you had trouble with, I would have said hello...
.

I don't tell tales, and clearly, I don't need to. Your Swiss manners are impeccable.

Magenta 08-18-2013 02:23 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1171752)
I don't think you fully got the Glitter reference :( You wouldn't want to be in his gang!

I did. I did, honest. I'm too old to be in his gang, anyway.

I do understand SOME things. Oh you should have heard me today, telling Mr Madge who was the drummer in Cream!! Ian says I'm a bit better-looking, which is nice.

Anon La Ply 08-18-2013 03:08 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
If I was your teacher I would not run you through Swiss Triplets.

As your teacher the best thing I could do for your playing would be to sack myself so you could hook up with a teacher who has formally studied music and/or done more in the industry than quirky cottage industry music of no interest to most people.

I don't tend to eat fluffy cakes with pink icing either. For cheesecake, however, I could be persuaded to ditch my morals and even give you woo woo garage drumming lessons, if that's what you'd prefer ;) "Hey there, new student! Okay, let's run through Seven Nation Army and see what you got ... oh, and do you still have any of that cheesecake around. Oh good! Okay, I found it. Ta. Don't stop playing - you're doing well. Mmmm. Very nice. Great icing. Keep playing, don't stop. Mmmm mmm ... keep playing, continuity is critical ..." *munch munch*

JustJames 08-18-2013 04:57 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
@KIS
I'm pretty sure everybody around here is way, Way, WAY too old to be in Gary Glitter's gang.

@MAD
The questionable internet person...'twas I

@Madge
I may have said "blue rinse", but I did also say "tigress". And that, my dearest of imaginary friends, is a mahoosive distinction.

@ALP
Mmmmmmm....cheesecake. The baked sort. With raisins within.

Lucky this is the "off topic lounge", as I have just earned eleventy bajillion off topic points.

Anon La Ply 08-18-2013 07:23 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJames (Post 1171774)
@ALP
Mmmmmmm....cheesecake. The baked sort. With raisins within.

I prefer the ickier type, though I made a mistake in my last post ... "crust", not "icing" :)

Mad About Drums 08-18-2013 08:37 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon La Ply (Post 1171760)
Oh good! Okay, I found it. Ta. Don't stop playing - you're doing well. Mmmm. Very nice. Great icing. Keep playing, don't stop. Mmmm mmm ... keep playing, continuity is critical ..." *munch munch*

So, you're 1,74 m tall... and how much do you weight Grea? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJames (Post 1171774)
@MAD
The questionable internet person...'twas I

I see, so you did Madge's avatar :)












... or you're (virtually) dead if you're the other internet person...

Magenta 08-18-2013 09:27 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171797)
... or you're (virtually) dead if you're the other internet person...

Of course it wasn't him, he's lovely, but I appreciate the threat!

I'm really not keen on cheesecaek, but I know for a fact that if I made some, I'd never have to play a SAT ever again, for reasons exactly as Grea describes.

keep it simple 08-18-2013 09:32 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon La Ply (Post 1171760)
Don't stop playing - you're doing well. Mmmm. Very nice. Great icing. Keep playing, don't stop. Mmmm mmm ... keep playing, continuity is critical ..." *munch munch*

Too funny! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJames (Post 1171774)
@KIS
I'm pretty sure everybody around here is way, Way, WAY too old to be in Gary Glitter's gang.

Oh yes - a nasty little shit he indeed is. Should be assaulted with a Black & Decker attachment hourly :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171797)
So, you're 1,74 m tall... and how much do you weight Grea? :)

Whoah! --- Golden rule broken big time Henri. I got in trouble last week for remote account manipulation attempts ;) ;) ;). You've just taken the heat off me nicely :)

Anon La Ply 08-18-2013 11:40 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Oh yes, telling the world my weight sounds like super idea! I shall shout it from the rooftops and wear the numbers proudly, without fear of judgement!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Isp4-zlWnG...D216%26h%3D207

JustJames 08-18-2013 11:49 AM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1171797)

I see, so you did Madge's avatar :)



... or you're (virtually) dead if you're the other internet person...

Well, I have it on the best authority that it was one of us that did Madge's avatar, so there's a 50% chance that it was me.

And I am virtually and indeed virtuously, very much alive!

LiEun 08-18-2013 06:23 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
If I was your teacher I would let you off swiss army triplets for a while and indulge in the gold star worthy caeks.

Magenta 08-18-2013 06:36 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiEun (Post 1171856)
If I was your teacher I would let you off swiss army triplets for a while and indulge in the gold star worthy caeks.

If you were my teacher, I'd make you drink tea and eat caeks all afternoon. Oh wait ...

I'm thrilled you're here xxxxxxxx

BacteriumFendYoke 08-18-2013 06:49 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiEun (Post 1171856)
If I was your teacher I would let you off swiss army triplets for a while and indulge in the gold star worthy caeks.

Love it. Love it, love it.

I wish there were more teachers around like you!

How does pizza work?

Magenta 08-18-2013 06:54 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke (Post 1171861)
Love it. Love it, love it.

I wish there were more teachers around like you!

How does pizza work?

Never tried pizza, but home-made jammie dodgers or custard creams are pretty efficacious.

BacteriumFendYoke 08-18-2013 07:34 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon La Ply (Post 1171816)
Oh yes, telling the world my weight sounds like super idea! I shall shout it from the rooftops and wear the numbers proudly, without fear of judgement!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Isp4-zlWnG...D216%26h%3D207

If anyone's interested, I'm just over 19 stone. I don't expect anyone to be interested but feel free to judge me for what I am.

A fat bastard.

LiEun 08-18-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke (Post 1171861)
Love it. Love it, love it.

I wish there were more teachers around like you!

How does pizza work?

Pizza would work a treat! But only in stopping forced Swiss army triplets!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1171858)
If you were my teacher, I'd make you drink tea and eat caeks all afternoon. Oh wait ...

I'm thrilled you're here xxxxxxxx

Glad to be here! How could I miss out on so much caek talk?!

Oh, and the tea and caeks are always very much appreciated!

Magenta 08-18-2013 09:16 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiEun (Post 1171896)
Oh, and the tea and caeks are always very much appreciated!

The same cannot be said for Swiss Army Triplets.

FoolInTheRain 08-18-2013 10:53 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Well, first I would have to ask you "What the hell is a Swiss Army Triplet?".

Anon La Ply 08-18-2013 11:26 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolInTheRain (Post 1171916)
Well, first I would have to ask you "What the hell is a Swiss Army Triplet?".

Triplets with flams before the 1. Oddly, I don't know how I know that.

That'll be five dollars and an icky pink frosted cake, thanks.

Magenta 08-18-2013 11:39 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolInTheRain (Post 1171916)
Well, first I would have to ask you "What the hell is a Swiss Army Triplet?".

And then I would quote back to you verbatim a reply you made to me on another thread, and say "I'm sure you mean well and all, but you're so ignorant it isn't even funny!"

LiEun 08-18-2013 11:52 PM

Re: If you were my teacher ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FoolInTheRain (Post 1171916)
Well, first I would have to ask you "What the hell is a Swiss Army Triplet?".

Flam,right,left. Or of course flam,left,right if you're that way inclined.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com