DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Drum brother who had a stroke (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109354)

tamadrm 08-09-2013 11:37 PM

Drum brother who had a stroke

For those of you who also frequent the DFO,this isn't news,but DFO member Bongo Congo,suffered what was first though, to be a massive stroke yesterday.

He now can recognize faces,has limited slurred speech and can move all four limbs.

He still has a lenghtly recovery ahead of him,so I ask for best wishes and prayer to be sent to him and his family.I believe in the power of positive thought.

Bongo is a man of singular wit and humor,and also the kind of man who would go out of his way to help a friend and stranger alike.

As most of you know,a stroke is just devestating to a drummer,especially to a man who loves his instrument.

Help a brother out,and keep him in your best of thoughts.Thanks guys.

Steve B

BacteriumFendYoke 08-09-2013 11:39 PM

Re: Drum brother who had a stroke

I can't say I know the man but I hope he recovers well.

I have experience in my family of just how devastating a stroke can be and I hope he can have a positive outcome.

GRUNTERSDAD 08-09-2013 11:39 PM

Not a follower of DFO but the best to him.

IDDrummer 08-09-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamadrm (Post 1169218)
For those of you who also frequent the DFO,this isn't news,but DFO member Bongo Congo,suffered what was first though, to be a massive stroke yesterday.

He now can recognize faces,has limited slurred speech and can move all four limbs.

He still has a lenghtly recovery ahead of him,so I ask for best wishes and prayer to be sent to him and his family.I believe in the power of positive thought.

Bongo is a man of singular wit and humor,and also the kind of man who would go out of his way to help a friend and stranger alike.

As most of you know,a stroke is just devestating to a drummer,especially to a man who loves his instrument.

Help a brother out,and keep him in your best of thoughts.Thanks guys.

Steve B

Will do, Steve. ................

tamadrm 08-11-2013 05:19 PM

A very sad update.Mitch aka Bongo Congo,passed away at 7:30 central time on Sunday morning 8/11/13.No words,but that he will be greatly missed.

Please keep your best thoughts and wishes in mind for his wife and family.

Rest well brother,

Steve B

BacteriumFendYoke 08-11-2013 06:15 PM

Sad news.

My best wishes to his family.

Midnite Zephyr 08-11-2013 06:34 PM

That is a terrible thing to have happen. Sorry to hear that he passed away. At least he didn't have to suffer a long time. My condolences to his family and their loss.

I had with a coworker who had a stroke after just 3 months of working with him in the field. He was only a 35 years old Mexican guy. Younger than I was at the time. He's still alive, but it's devastating all around.

larryace 08-11-2013 06:37 PM

Sorry to hear this about your friend Steve. Is this the bad news you were referring to the other day?

tamadrm 08-11-2013 08:19 PM

No,That was my daughter calling me and telling me my ex wife has brain cancer.This was just two years after my ex having half a lung removed and beating lung cancer.

My daughter was needless to say, extremely upset.

The day before that,I went to a funeral of a man that I've know for almost twenty years,and met through Boy Scouting.I'm godfather to one of his sons.

He was a few years younger that me,and died from stage 4 liver cancer.

It just wasn't a good week overall,and now a friend,albeit a cyber friend dies of a stroke.

Life sucks sometimes Larry my friend,but I'm hangin' in there.

Steve B