DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Drums (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   DTX562 issues (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109128)

Bobrush 08-01-2013 06:21 AM

DTX562 issues
 
I just got my brand new DTX562 a couple weeks ago. I love it, but I am having some problems:
1. When I hit the "closed rim shot" zone of the snare, sometimes it triggers the regular snare sound, not the closed rim shot. A single hit is usually fine, but if I try to roll, there will be lots of crosstalk, lots of regular snare sounds.
2. Getting the bell sounds out of the cymbals is extremely difficult. It can be done, but there is a tiny sweet spot, and the hit has to be just the right velocity. (Much) More often than not, you just get the bow sound.

Anybody else have similar issues or fixes? The snare is the XP80 and the cymbals are PCY135. If you have any DTX series with similar problems, I'd like to hear what you did?

Thanks.

paranoid 08-04-2013 07:26 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
As a matter of curiosity, could you tell me where you got your DTX562 kit? US, Europe? Online? I'm having troubles to get mine as shops in the UK or Ireland don't have the new DTX502 kits in stock at the moment...

Bobrush 08-04-2013 10:31 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Kraft Music, online, based in Wisconsin US. Great deal, but I don't know what their international policies are.

scorch whammin 08-04-2013 10:37 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Did you manage to get your crosstalk issues resolved? I am unfamiliar with your module (I have the dtx900 module), however you should be able to go in the trigger settings area of module and adjust your "reject" settings between drums/zones...

DTX Product Specialist 08-10-2013 09:16 AM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Hi,

On the initial start up of the DTX502 Module was DTX562K selected? I ask because this calibrates the module to that particular pad configuration. Is cross-stick(Wood Block) sound not working properly or is it the rim-shot (Loud Snare Hit) sound not working properly with the XP80 pad? The Yamaha logo should face the player to get the optimum trigger response from all 3 zones, Bell, Bow, and Edge.

Let me know if this helps,

DTX Product Specialist

jon 09-03-2013 10:21 AM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
I'm having somewhat similar issues with a new 532 kit.
A closed rim shot hit just before a snare hit causes the
snare hit to be very loud (max midi velocity) even delaying
between the hits 20 seconds..... still very loud snare hit.
All kits 1-50 affected.

DTX Product Specialist 09-03-2013 06:00 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jon (Post 1176523)
I'm having somewhat similar issues with a new 532 kit.
A closed rim shot hit just before a snare hit causes the
snare hit to be very loud (max midi velocity) even delaying
between the hits 20 seconds..... still very loud snare hit.
All kits 1-50 affected.

Was the kit set to the DTX532K triggering setting?

jon 09-03-2013 07:16 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTX Product Specialist (Post 1176594)
Was the kit set to the DTX532K training setting?

No. training mode has never been turned on. Last night I reset the module for DTX500.
The problem went away but so did 3 zone cymbals and the sound settings for various
kits were all wrong. I tried various initializations... 562 522 explorer etc. The new 502
settings all kept the problem, some others removed it but of course the sounds and settings were fairly unusable.

DTX Product Specialist 09-04-2013 01:54 AM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jon (Post 1176622)
No. training mode has never been turned on. Last night I reset the module for DTX500.
The problem went away but so did 3 zone cymbals and the sound settings for various
kits were all wrong. I tried various initializations... 562 522 explorer etc. The new 502
settings all kept the problem, some others removed it but of course the sounds and settings were fairly unusable.

Set the Trigger settings to the DTX532K and then see if the issue continues.

jon 09-04-2013 02:46 AM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTX Product Specialist (Post 1176753)
Set the Trigger settings to the DTX532K and then see if the issue continues.

Yes back in DTX532K( original setting, matches actual kit) problem persists. BTW If I hit a tom between closed rim shot and snare hit, snare volume(velocity) is normal.

I see that i misread triggering as training in one of your previous posts but issue remains...... oh ... I now see
you changed training to read triggering anyway neither changes issue unfortunately

Defender 09-04-2013 07:17 AM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
I've got the slightly older DTX500 module and I am not affected by any of this. I've had my kit for almost a year and play it daily if I am able too. And I've maxed my pad selection with 4 cymbals and a couple extra toms. And I LOVE IT!

jon 09-04-2013 08:18 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Update and correction on issues with DTX532K

Pulled all pad wires off module except snare and carefully tested.
Volume issue persists when module is correctly set for 532 --AND--
when initialized for other kits. Could be Snare pad trigger problem
and not module settings or firmware.

Anybody who thinks I am missing something simple, great, I've had
plenty of "Duh" moments in the past.

Bobrush 09-07-2013 10:46 PM

Re: DTX562 issues
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DTX Product Specialist (Post 1169330)
On the initial start up of the DTX502 Module was DTX562K selected?

Yes, I thoroughly read and followed the instructions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTX Product Specialist (Post 1169330)
Is cross-stick(Wood Block) sound not working properly or is it the rim-shot (Loud Snare Hit) sound not working properly with the XP80 pad?

The instruction manual refers to it as the "closed rim shot" zone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTX Product Specialist (Post 1169330)
The Yamaha logo should face the player to get the optimum trigger response from all 3 zones, Bell, Bow, and Edge.

Yes, I read that in the instructions and I am hitting near the logo.

Sorry I have not responded in a while. I was hoping to take some videos to illustrate the problem and post them, but I have not had time to do that yet. I still hope to. The "closed rim shot" has gotten a bit better (maybe it was my bad technique?). However, getting consistent bell triggers is still REALLY difficult.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com