DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   My current setup (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109079)

Danny Mik 07-30-2013 06:24 PM

My current setup
 
5 Attachment(s)
Don't think I've posted my set on here. More of a lurker than a serial poster.

I've recently switched back to a 2 up 1 down configuration, but change things about fairly regularly.

This is the set i recorded my bands debut album on. You can see/hear us at www.theleviathan1.com the album will be out on the 22nd August, but theres a few free listen/download tracks up already.

Hope you like!

Danny Mik 07-30-2013 06:27 PM

Re: My current setup
 
The specs are:

Natal Birch - 7ply 5.5mm shells
8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 14x14, 16x16, 22x18
Mapex Cherry Black panther, 13x6, 24k Gold Die Cast Hardware
Coated G2 tops, on everything (sometimes a hybrid coated on the snare). G1 Clear resonants, hazy 300 snare side with puresound EQ wires. Eq3 batter/resonant on kick.

Cymbals L-R (Sabian)
12" Ice Bell
19" Paragon Chinese
14" AAX Stage Top, HH Fusion Bottom
18" HHXplosion Crash
10" Paragon Splash
8" Paragon splash
19" AAX Dark Crash
19" AAXtreme Chinese
22" HH Powerbell Ride
16" AA China, 13" HH Eq Hat top stack, with a Meinl Classics Bell on top, trash hats.

Pearl Icon curved rack, Mapex 1000/falcon series boom arms, Pearl Demon Drive double, Pearl Eliminator hi hat stand, Tama 1st Chair Throne.

DDrum DRT Kick Trigger, Roland Module. Shure IEM's, peavey mixer/limiter/headphone amp. Promark 747 Nylon tip sticks.

I will be changing to axis a-longboards with ekits soon though.

akshuncambo 07-31-2013 01:59 AM

Re: My current setup
 
Nice setup! Just out of curiosity, what do you like/dislike with the Demon Drives to sway you towards Axis, or is it the ability to trigger directly from the pedal? I'm a Trick user myself but had a set of A Longboards for awhile.

v.zarate 07-31-2013 05:04 AM

Re: My current setup
 
oh wow....that is very nice

Vegas Island 07-31-2013 07:15 AM

Re: My current setup
 
Awesome looking kit! Congrats!

412drummer 07-31-2013 08:31 AM

Re: My current setup
 
Digging this. Im waiting for the day I see a natal kit in person lol. It seems in my area its rare to see anything but the bigger brands.

Danny Mik 07-31-2013 12:51 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by akshuncambo (Post 1166094)
Nice setup! Just out of curiosity, what do you like/dislike with the Demon Drives to sway you towards Axis, or is it the ability to trigger directly from the pedal? I'm a Trick user myself but had a set of A Longboards for awhile.

Its exactly that, the e-kits are what im after. Love the feel of the demon drives, but live triggering is a bit of a pain sometimes. ekits should iron that right out.

Danny Mik 07-31-2013 11:40 PM

Re: My current setup
 
1 Attachment(s)
just took the plunge... now to find some ekits in the uk...

Ham 08-01-2013 01:49 AM

Re: My current setup
 
That's a similar acoustic foam set-up to what I'm going for, what do you have set-up on the wall with the door in it? and what big differences did you notice inside the room, echo decreasing wise?

Dre25 08-02-2013 09:41 AM

Re: My current setup
 
I ditched my demon drives. Better off with eliminators if you're a pearl guy.

I love the kit, those lugs and that finish look great. Cool practice space too.

Danny Mik 08-02-2013 01:15 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham (Post 1166509)
That's a similar acoustic foam set-up to what I'm going for, what do you have set-up on the wall with the door in it? and what big differences did you notice inside the room, echo decreasing wise?

Honestly? No idea pal, haha, this is a room we hire at a friends studio. He's still sorting out the acoustics a bit, there's a lot of bass wash at the moment. But its a nice room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre25 (Post 1166964)
I ditched my demon drives. Better off with eliminators if you're a pearl guy.

I love the kit, those lugs and that finish look great. Cool practice space too.

I really like the DD's, love the feel of them and never had a problem with them. The only reason i'm changing is for the ekit triggering. Much easier to trigger live when i'm using a rental/provided kit.

timebandit 08-03-2013 01:54 AM

Re: My current setup
 
This is officially my new favorite kit on DW!! Checked out your band page. I never would have guess this ti be a blast beat set up!!

You guys have a great sound! Combination of groove, thrash and black metal!!! Pretty awesome!!

Danny Mik 08-03-2013 12:39 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by timebandit (Post 1167227)
This is officially my new favorite kit on DW!! Checked out your band page. I never would have guess this ti be a blast beat set up!!

You guys have a great sound! Combination of groove, thrash and black metal!!! Pretty awesome!!

Cheers dude! I've recently dropped the 8 and 14 toms and the stack. Playing a more conventional 2 up 1 down at the mo. Just for gigging purposes.

Cheers for checking the band out too. Album is out in just under 3 weeks.

Bo Eder 08-03-2013 06:40 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Very nice! I saw the Natal and Sakae kits up close at last year's NAMM and they're very nicely built drums. It was funny that Natal had an exact copy of a Ringo kit though ;)

FoolInTheRain 08-04-2013 02:13 AM

Re: My current setup
 
Beautiful! I'm not really into sparkles, but I really like this one.

icebello 08-04-2013 04:16 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny Mik (Post 1166996)
I really like the DD's, love the feel of them and never had a problem with them. The only reason i'm changing is for the ekit triggering. Much easier to trigger live when i'm using a rental/provided kit.

if i remember, back int'day you had slick-looking homemade beater triggers. no good?

Danny Mik 08-04-2013 09:56 PM

Re: My current setup
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by icebello (Post 1167571)
if i remember, back int'day you had slick-looking homemade beater triggers. no good?

Nah, they were far too fragile, and a pain in the arse to fix.

hyruleherojoe 08-05-2013 02:47 AM

Re: My current setup
 
Nice set up and a beautiful kit! Very neat and comfortable looking.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com