DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   ASL? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108357)

BramVanroy 07-03-2013 12:10 PM

ASL?

Because I'm very new to these forums it's nice to know who I'm getting in contact with. Even though the topic title sounds like I'm a pervert, it summaries very well the questions I mean to ask.

Sex:
Male

I have a feeling that most of you are older than I and male and US-located. Quite strange, isn't it? I feel like a continental outlander!

keep it simple 07-03-2013 07:05 PM

Re: asl?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BramVanroy (Post 1157472)
Because I'm very new to these forums it's nice to know who I'm getting in contact with. Even though the topic title sounds like I'm a pervert, it summaries very well the questions I mean to ask.

Sex:
Male

I have a feeling that most of you are older than I and male and US-located. Quite strange, isn't it? I feel like a continental outlander!

Bram, there's quite a mix here. A fair few European members, & many other areas globally too. There is a big US focus, but I'm guessing that's a forum language thing more than anything else. We do have a few members from Asia, but we're grossly under represented in that fantastic part of the world. A lot of Brits here :)

There's a good number of members here your age & younger, & a growing number of ladies too (always pleasing to see). Most of all, there's a right mix of talents & experience. A lot of pro's hang here, including headline names, right through to those taking their first steps. Overall, a great mix, & absolutely the best forum by a mile (sorry, KM ;)

tamadrm 07-03-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1157541)
Bram, there's quite a mix here. A fair few European members, & many other areas globally too. There is a big US focus, but I'm guessing that's a forum language thing more than anything else. We do have a few members from Asia, but we're grossly under represented in that fantastic part of the world. A lot of Brits here :)

There's a good number of members here your age & younger, & a growing number of ladies too (always pleasing to see). Most of all, there's a right mix of talents & experience. A lot of pro's hang here, including headline names, right through to those taking their first steps. Overall, a great mix, & absolutely the best forum by a mile (sorry, KM ;)

Who's KM?:):)

Welcome to the forum.Lots of good people and info here.

Steve B

IDDrummer 07-03-2013 08:15 PM

Haha, well, I can tell I'm much older than you just by the fact I had to Google what the heck asl is. I thought maybe you made a typo while talking about the anterior cruciate ligament. lol

Anyway, pretty good mix here, as the others said.

As for me -

a- dirt

s - as often as possible

l - Idaho

larryace 07-03-2013 08:55 PM

A: 54 and a half

S: M

L: Beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA.

I like eating chocolate while taking long walks on the beach.

BramVanroy 07-04-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1157541)

Ah, there are? Well ealrier today I noticed Frank's topic, and he's a Dutchman! Even though Americans might think we Belgians only speak French, it's not that easy. My mother tongue is Dutch as well. So it's nice to hear I have that in common with Frank, at least.

What I like about this forum is that you guys (and girls, apologies) refer to each other with your real names! haven't really seen that on a lot forums!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamadrm (Post 1157550)
Who's KM?:):)

Welcome to the forum.Lots of good people and info here.

Steve B

Thanks! And I also wonder what or who KM is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IDDrummer (Post 1157561)
Haha, well, I can tell I'm much older than you just by the fact I had to Google what the heck asl is. I thought maybe you made a typo while talking about the anterior cruciate ligament. lol

Anyway, pretty good mix here, as the others said.

As for me -

a- dirt

s - as often as possible

l - Idaho

Hehe, I'll try not to use those damned abbreviations!

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1157579)

You should come to Belgium then! Land of chocolate! (And of statues that pee ...)

BrandonXD 07-04-2013 12:28 PM

Brandon 16

Male

Wolverhampton, England :)

Naigewron 07-04-2013 12:44 PM

Yes please
Norway

keep it simple 07-04-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BramVanroy (Post 1157788)
Ah, there are? Well ealrier today I noticed Frank's topic, and he's a Dutchman! Even though Americans might think we Belgians only speak French, it's not that easy. My mother tongue is Dutch as well. So it's nice to hear I have that in common with Frank, at least.

What I like about this forum is that you guys (and girls, apologies) refer to each other with your real names! haven't really seen that on a lot forums!

Thanks! And I also wonder what or who KM is.

Ah, so you're Flemish speaking? I visit Belgium every now & then. Great people, & the best beer anywhere (I'm not a chocolate guy really). Managed to take some time out in the historical centre of Antwerp recently. Great architecture mix, & one of the most impressive train station buildings I've seen anywhere :)

BTW, KM was Kilometers :)

Magenta 07-04-2013 12:53 PM

Female

God's Own Country

Magenta is one of my internet persona names. I have several, one for each of my multiple personalities ;)

keep it simple 07-04-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1157795)
Magenta is one of my internet persona names. I have several, one for each of my multiple personalities ;)

I think I only met one, you have several? = cool :)

BramVanroy 07-04-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1157794)
Ah, so you're Flemish speaking? I visit Belgium every now & then. Great people, & the best beer anywhere (I'm not a chocolate guy really). Managed to take some time out in the historical centre of Antwerp recently. Great architecture mix, & one of the most impressive train station buildings I've seen anywhere :)

BTW, KM was Kilometers :)

Flemish it is indeed (even though our dialects should not be placed under one heading "Flemish", but it is a good way to distinguish between stereotypical Dutch that is spoken in the Netherlands and Dutch that is spoken in Belgium). Fun fact: even though the Netherlands and Belgium are completely autonomous and seperate countries, we do have a global counsel that governs the Dutch language. They decide what is "correct" in Dutch around the globe.

I love our beer as well! Every other country I have been, the beer tastes ... well, watery. It is not as defined as the beers we have in our country. Something to be proud of! Antwerp indeed has a very nice train station. The (modernistic) train station of Luik-Guillemins (no idea what the name is in English) is worth a visit as well. (Warning: French is the leading language over there!)

When you happen to be in Belgium again, and you like history: visit Bruges, Ghent and possibly Waterloo. But basically ANYWHERE will do. We have a very rich history (not all for the good though).

Oh, and about the people: I hate my people. Selfish, self-centred bastards. Looking at politics you might understand what I mean - or not - for recent tendencies are very anti-social.
Quote:

Female

God's Own Country

My first guess would have been that you are American, because our stereotypical view of Americans is that they indeed believe America is the chosen country of God. But you are from Wales? Do they believe the same thing? (Poor God, can't decide things for Himself.)

radman 07-04-2013 02:01 PM

Mid 40's
Male
Canada, eh

There are several Canucks on the forum, but are usually on the quieter side - in stereotypical Canadian fashion. There was one, ahem, notable exception ...

BTW, There are some Aussies around who usually have some great posts (I don't think this was mentioned.)

Cheers,
radman

keep it simple 07-04-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radman (Post 1157810)
There are several Canucks on the forum, but are usually on the quieter side - in stereotypical Canadian fashion. There was one, ahem, notable exception ...

Cheers,
radman

& oh boy did he make up for any "limelight" deficit from the Canadian contingency!

Magenta 07-04-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BramVanroy (Post 1157807)
My first guess would have been that you are American, because our stereotypical view of Americans is that they indeed believe America is the chosen country of God. But you are from Wales? Do they believe the same thing? (Poor God, can't decide things for Himself.)

Americans may believe that, but it's entirely possible to believe something that isn't true. I only live in Wales, in these parts they call people like me "Wenglish". And anyway, God chose Wales before America was even invented!

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1157799)
I think I only met one, you have several? = cool :)

One for each of my principal interests: drumming and horses, and then there's Facebook (as you know). You met the Madge manifestation, of course.

alparrott 07-04-2013 06:01 PM

A: Somewhere between 35 and 44
S: If my avatar is any indicator, either male or an ugly shaven female
L: Upper left corner of the continental U.S.

30Panther30 07-04-2013 10:12 PM

Man not what i was expecting. My mind jumped to american sign language. That would be a fun topic.
A: 20
L: No where uyou would know of

radman 07-05-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1157811)
& oh boy did he make up for any "limelight" deficit from the Canadian contingency!

LOL, nicely done Andy!

MrPockets 07-05-2013 02:37 AM

a: 18

s: F, 36JJ/236 5'6"

l: your dreams

Joseph "Stix" Davis 07-25-2013 05:06 PM

Welcome!

I'm Stix. I'm a 21 year old male. I live in the state of Wisconsin, located in the good ol' USA.

Raelthomas 07-25-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPockets (Post 1158028)
a: 18

s: F, 36JJ/236 5'6"

l: your dreams

Meet by the cymbal tree? Say 2500 hours?

FoolInTheRain 07-25-2013 06:24 PM

A: 30

L: Houston, TX

.....pervert.

tamadrm 07-25-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1157579)

You found a beach in Bucks County Larry?

That's freeking amazing dude!:):)

Steve B

Smoke 07-25-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Female

God's Own Country

I think it's ALL God's own country. Like it or not, we're all just "renting." ;-)

Smoke = John
A - Same as Larryace
S - M
L - South Central or Northeast both in the lower peninsula of Michigan (lucky enough to have two quaint hovels)

harryconway 07-25-2013 08:47 PM

You can click on a members name, and then click on "view public profile" .... and sometimes that info is there. Location is often in the right hand corner, along with join date and # of posts.

drstrangefunk 07-25-2013 11:01 PM

53 / M / Noff Cuh-lina

Dracovyrn 07-26-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BramVanroy (Post 1157472)

Sex:
Male

A - Just turned 18 baby. ;)

S - Only with my girlfriend. (I'm not a lesbian, you do the math, Haha)

L - The Great State of Texas! (US if you're not tip top on your world geography) by the way, we are not a desert!

Dracovyrn 07-26-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drstrangefunk (Post 1164521)
53 / M / Noff Cuh-lina

As an American, I somehow know that means North Carolina...

Dracovyrn 07-26-2013 05:20 AM

Mind being blown... crazy to find out that those you have been talking to are female... certainly changes my view on things. I ha e never put much thought into it, but I think it's because I'm one of like four people who actually has a picture of myself as a posting pic. I feel like I would be a creeper to go looking around on others profiles. Like on FB.

Speaking of which, who wants to add me? ;)

Bastille 08-25-2013 08:57 PM

13/f/cali

Oh, different part of the internet, sorry.

A - 21
S - M
L - Austin, TX!

DamoSyzygy 08-26-2013 11:45 AM

Hahah Bastille...

me:
A: 38
L: Perth, Western Australia

Arky 08-26-2013 12:16 PM

A = 39
(and 3 yrs into drumming which might be more important)

S = sure! Oh, I see. - Male.
(And glad to be M as this is great to grow a beard and have some interest in females although times have changed, it doesn't really matter nowadays... haha.)

L = Germersheim (Germany, this planet)
(Nothing of importance here, except for a major US army depot that might get bombed first should a war break out, plus we have a nuclear power plant some 10 km away but hey, we're perfectly safe ;-)

longgun 08-26-2013 07:19 PM

Re: ASL?

A = 44...............but a young 44....................at least that's what I keep telling myself

S = Male

L = Georgia currently....................lived 10 years in Europe......................originally from Minnesota