DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How do you get .gif's to work? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106834)

ErikJS 05-13-2013 02:00 AM

How do you get .gif's to work?

My avatar is a .gif file but it's not actually moving. :/ I uploaded the file from my computer.

How do you get .gif's to work on this site?

porter 05-13-2013 04:13 AM

Re: How do you get .gif's to work?

IIRC you can't get animated gifs in any form on here. My first avatar was animated and didn't play at all.

toddmc 05-13-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abapicaltaenia (Post 1139474)
IIRC you can't get animated gifs in any form on here. My first avatar was animated and didn't play at all.

Then how do you explain Andy's (Keep It Simple's) avatar- maybe you need to be a platinum member to get them to work? ; )

Arky 05-13-2013 06:38 AM

Erik,
can you copy the link into a shared folder? If so, please send me a PM with the respective link, I'd update your user account, this might work.
I have no experience with those moving avatars but I'd give it a try, using a link from a shared folder. Might work.

Midnite Zephyr 05-13-2013 06:42 AM

I could never get any of my old gifs to work on here, But a couple newer ones did. Maybe it's not compatible with the website's Operating platform. IDK, but that's my experience...I'm not sure what it is about the older ones that make them incompatible and unable to move.

ErikJS 05-15-2013 03:35 PM

I have sent you a PM, Arky.

Bernhard 05-16-2013 09:26 AM

As you can see my avatar.gif {bernhard) works.

I make the animated gif with Photoshop, but of course there are other free programs for Mac and Windows.

When the gif is done you can check it easily when you drag the file from the dektop into a browser like Safari, Firefox, Explorer. When it works there -then it works also in our Forum - nothing Forum related with this.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 120 pixels or 293.0 KB (whichever is smaller).

Bernhard

StickIt 05-16-2013 04:03 PM

You drive 'em there, of course.

ErikJS 06-01-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickIt (Post 1140712)
You drive 'em there, of course.

That was a good one! xD Hahahaha!

bigiainw 06-18-2013 02:32 PM

You need to host the .gif on a storage site- it won't work just uploading it to DW. I keep mine on photobucket, and then use the upl;oad code from there.