DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Farewell my friends :) (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106778)

Mad About Drums 05-10-2013 05:34 PM

Farewell my friends :)

Dear Drummerfriends

As some of you knows, I'm on the verge of moving to yet another country, I'm returning to the UK very shortly, with all the turmoil it creates when you have to establish yourself in a new foreign environment, finding jobs, finding a property and being able to regain a "normal" way of living.

While I love this forum and the members more than you can imagine, I feel I need to be away from this place which has been so addictive and so pleasurable for just under 2 years now.

My daily input here has been tremendous and I enjoyed every single moments sharing drum talk, laughs, cartoons, music and all what makes this forum such a wonderful place to be, with friends and drums loving people, but my focus right now is set on very important issues in my life at this stage, and as such I feel compelled to withdraw myself from this amazing brotherhood that Drummerworld has become for me.

I will ask Bernhard to change my profile as a guest here on DW, as the willpower to refrain myself posting here is far to addictive to resist, how one is quitting smoking if the cigarettes are readily in front of their nose all day... willpower is not one my inner strength when it's about letting go something which is dear to my heart, so as such I felt it was the best resolution to take.

I will return to this forum once my life is somewhat sorted out, especially that I have unfinished business with a certain lady who still owe me a post :)

Thank you to all of you for your support, friendship, humor, discussion and all what makes this place so good and so alive, you know who you are ;-)

I will make my best to attend the London Drum Show in London this coming October were I will hopefully meet many DW members.

So until then... farewell my friends.

Best ever regards

Henri - MAD - Mad About Drums

Bo Eder 05-10-2013 05:37 PM

Re: Farewell my friends :)

Take care and get settled into your new place Henri! We will be awaiting your return ;)

'Til next time,
Bo

MaryO 05-10-2013 05:41 PM

From an unbelievably selfish standpoint, this makes me very sad but I realize that are you doing what you must for yourself.

Take care of yourself and know that if and when you decide you can make it back..we'll all be waiting to see you :)

Take care and good luck!

Mary O

2bsticks 05-10-2013 05:51 PM

Wishing all the best, been a pleasure reading your posts. I'm sure I will be reading them again in the future.

IDDrummer 05-10-2013 05:56 PM

Good luck on your new adventure, Henri!

I'll miss you here, but then it'll be a treat when you come back!

Be well, my friend.
ID

Arky 05-10-2013 06:13 PM

Henri,
I can't believe what I'm reading!
(Can't you just scale down a bit and continue posting? ...)

Thank you so much for all your contribution to this forum, and that has been a lot both in terms of post count and quality. You will surely be missed. I'm also looking forward to you rejoining the forum in the future.

All the best in your endeavours

alparrott 05-10-2013 06:14 PM

Best of luck to you Henri, and here's hoping to see you again very soon.

harryconway 05-10-2013 06:30 PM

Henri ..... get 'er done, and we'll see you on the other side.

tamadrm 05-10-2013 06:33 PM

I agree with Marys post.But I get it.You'll have much to do in the move ,but remember Henri,we're here for you my friend.

A friend is the guy you call at 3 in the morning when you're in jail and ask him to come bail you out.

But a true friend is the guy who's sitting next to you in your cell and says"that was fun....let's do it again".

I believe most us are the latter.Be well my friend,and may the road rise to meet you.

Steve B

inneedofgrace 05-10-2013 06:35 PM

Best of luck and come back soon!

aydee 05-10-2013 06:43 PM

All the best Henri. Im not here that much now too, but everytime I lurk, I look up your posts. You're a fine gent, and Im sure Andy will take good care of you in the UK. Change is inevitable. embrace it!

keep it simple 05-10-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 1138649)
Im sure Andy will take good care of you in the UK.

Yes, of course :)

Henri, I understand where you're coming from. You have some big stuff to sort out, although I'm not completely convinced total abstention is necessary, of course, that's your call. I take it you've sold up in France now?

Aside from all the snivelling bastards on the forum, be sure to stay in touch with me during your transition/move. If there's anything I can help with, you know where I am, & how to get in touch with me. Don't hesitate my friend, nothing's too much bother.

Until London ;)

Mad About Drums 05-10-2013 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the good wishes my friends :)

But do not worry...

BacteriumFendYoke 05-10-2013 07:16 PM

Henri, this makes me sad. I hope you come back with vigour soon!

I absolutely understand though, life takes precedence to (what I consider to be) a hobby and if you feel you must leave temporarily, then you should.

I don't know which part of the UK you're moving to but if it's anywhere near me then we'll go for a pint when the dust settles! See you in October though, certainly.

Magenta 05-10-2013 07:30 PM

But - but you are one of the first people to be my friend on here :( You have been kind and funny and good-humoured and tolerant.

I will miss you.

8Mile 05-10-2013 07:31 PM

Henri, take a leave of absence if you must, but hurry back. I hope all goes smoothly for you and we see you back here very soon.

Larry

dmacc 05-10-2013 07:37 PM

Henri - Best wishes on the transition. You'll be missed but we'll be waiting for your return when you are ready!

David

BacteriumFendYoke 05-10-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magenta (Post 1138665)
But - but you are one of the first people to be my friend on here :( You have been kind and funny and good-humoured and tolerant.

I will miss you.

Madge, come to the London Drum Show and meet us ugly buggers!

MaryO 05-10-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1138656)
Thanks for all the good wishes my friends :)

But do not worry...

Ah, a poster for my bedroom wall to look at when I'm feeling sad and missing my friend :)

larryz 05-10-2013 07:58 PM

Say it ain't so Joe. (Sarah Palin joke...)

I'll miss you Henri. You seem like a sincere person I'd love to meet someday. We'll take bets on how long it'll take for you to return. Hopefully you'll take a longer break than Bo did when he said "no more drum kits, I sold em all...". That lasted about a month :)

be healthy and see you soon.

MikeM 05-10-2013 08:30 PM

Sad to see you go, Henri. You're easily one of my favorites on this forum. I understand the addictive nature of this place and the trouble that can cause :-( I've been forced to scale way back on my involvement due to work and personal life issues, too, so yeah, I get it.

I hope you get things sorted out and stabilized soon so you can return. Until then, you will be sorely missed ... Cheers!

Deathmetalconga 05-10-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1138619)
Dear Drummerfriends

As some of you knows, I'm on the verge of moving to yet another country, I'm returning to the UK very shortly, with all the turmoil it creates when you have to establish yourself in a new foreign environment, finding jobs, finding a property and being able to regain a "normal" way of living.

While I love this forum and the members more than you can imagine, I feel I need to be away from this place which has been so addictive and so pleasurable for just under 2 years now.

My daily input here has been tremendous and I enjoyed every single moments sharing drum talk, laughs, cartoons, music and all what makes this forum such a wonderful place to be, with friends and drums loving people, but my focus right now is set on very important issues in my life at this stage, and as such I feel compelled to withdraw myself from this amazing brotherhood that Drummerworld has become for me.

I will ask Bernhard to change my profile as a guest here on DW, as the willpower to refrain myself posting here is far to addictive to resist, how one is quitting smoking if the cigarettes are readily in front of their nose all day... willpower is not one my inner strength when it's about letting go something which is dear to my heart, so as such I felt it was the best resolution to take.

I will return to this forum once my life is somewhat sorted out, especially that I have unfinished business with a certain lady who still owe me a post :)

Thank you to all of you for your support, friendship, humor, discussion and all what makes this place so good and so alive, you know who you are ;-)

I will make my best to attend the London Drum Show in London this coming October were I will hopefully meet many DW members.

So until then... farewell my friends.

Best ever regards

Henri - MAD - Mad About Drums

Bummer, we will be lesser without you. Come back soon and good luck in your new endeavors!

opentune 05-10-2013 08:38 PM

Henri - I understand the addiction, and the time required here. I hope things work out in your move and personal life and we'll see you here again. I hope you at least come on as a 'lurker' once in awhile. bon voyage!

GRUNTERSDAD 05-10-2013 08:44 PM

Happy trails to you, until we meet again.

CreeplyTuna 05-10-2013 08:58 PM

Already miss you, man. I hope the move goes smoothly. Have fun in the UK!

Magenta 05-10-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke (Post 1138680)
Madge, come to the London Drum Show and meet us ugly buggers!

I will if Henri will.

Anthony Amodeo 05-10-2013 09:26 PM

all the best brother Henri

I'll hold your spot at the dinner table

brady 05-10-2013 09:36 PM

You will definitely be missed around here.

I know you gotta do what you gotta do though. Take care. I hope to see you on the forum soon.

con struct 05-10-2013 09:49 PM

Best of luck, Henri. I look forward to your return.

DrumEatDrum 05-10-2013 09:57 PM

Good luck with the move!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1138619)
I will ask Bernhard to change my profile as a guest here on DW, as the willpower to refrain myself posting here is far to addictive to resist,

Aw, come on Henri. That's not fair to Berhard. Post, or don't. It's not his job to regulate your addictions. :-P

oldrockdrummer 05-10-2013 11:32 PM

But who's gonna do all the funny pictures and avatars and stuff??????
Take care good luck hope all goes well

larryace 05-11-2013 12:28 AM

OMG you knocked ANOTHER girl up? Running from the fuzz are we? Witness protection program? Foreign legion?

Seriously, I'm afraid this place will degrade into a classless cesspool of simmering muck without your influence here George Bailey.

Hey man, we're with you in spirit. We'll all be looking out for your return.

I wish you all the best my good friend, be safe and come home soon.

caddywumpus 05-11-2013 12:55 AM

Dang. Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. I wish you the best, and if you DO come back, I'll be happy to see your return.

Much success, brother Henri...

Anon La Ply 05-11-2013 12:58 AM

Geez Henri! I missed this thread and now I find you've vamoosed!

Thanks heaps for all the kind things you've done and said. You're a good man, George Bailey (don't know who George Bailey is, but ...).

I think it's a very good idea, though. If I had any sense I'd do the same. Enjoy having a life - you'll get heaps done and feel good about yourself.

The irony is that I was about to do the 10k post on the 10k thread - no, really! :)

IDDrummer 05-11-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anon La Ply (Post 1138772)
The irony is that I was about to do the 10k post on the 10k thread - no, really! :)

Good thing you saw this one in time. Now you can hold that 10,000th post as leverage to make sure he comes back!

Midnite Zephyr 05-11-2013 03:54 AM

Happy trails, amigo. Best wishes on your next adventure.

larryace 05-11-2013 04:19 AM

Now that he's gone, let the trash talk begin!

JK. I don't think there's anything anyone can say against that guy.

BacteriumFendYoke 05-11-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1138822)
Now that he's gone, let the trash talk begin!

JK. I don't think there's anything anyone can say against that guy.

He may not be French, but he is Swiss...

No. That doesn't come across as an insult. Curses.

toddmc 05-11-2013 04:39 AM

THIS BETTER NOT BE A JOKE YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!!!
Sorry, sorry, just had to get that out of my system.
I don't think you'll have the willpower to stay away for too long TBH but on the off-chance you're away for an extended period, just wanted to echo everyone else's comments that the place won't be as fun without your cartoons to liven things up.
Also, just wanted to say thanks as a proud customer of "Henri's Avatar Emporium" for taking my original avatar and coming up with something that made it look like a "My Little Pony" cartoon in comparison.
What really blew me away was the fact that there was not a single word of correspondence between us (regarding design, colour, etc) and yet you produced this awesome image (as far as I'm concerned anyway) totally off your own bat with no input from me.
Anyway, good luck with sorting your life out and get back here ASAP (I give you 2 weeks, tops) ; )

larryace 05-11-2013 04:48 AM

I think a little wager is in order here. I'm betting he returns.....at least for a post or 2.....hmmm....he's a pretty serious guy.....I'll give him 4 weeks with no contact. So in the 5th week sometime. So June 11th or later. He can't stay away that long, it can't be done!