DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronic Drums (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Roland SPD-S multiple songs (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106756)

Al Scribani 05-09-2013 11:32 PM

Roland SPD-S multiple songs

Hello.

So, I'm considering buying an SPD-S pad and was trying to find out the following (can't seem to find the answers online):

Are you able to load different sounds onto the pads for different songs. Basically, if in a gig you need the pads for different applications in different songs... Are you able to set up the sounds beforehand and merely press something on the pad to change song? I hope this makes sense.

Secondly, is it possible to use the pad basically as a metronome when it's being used for the pads? Or can a metronome be plugged into an aux input?

I appreciate any help :)

Jeff Almeyda 05-10-2013 11:16 AM

Re: Roland SPD-S multiple songs

I know it has the metronome function.

I can't imagine it not having the ability to change programs as well.

Naigewron 05-10-2013 11:35 AM

Yes, you can set up several pad setups. So for one song you use bank 1, which gives you nine pads to play with, and then for the next song you change to bank 2, which can assigne completely different sounds to the same pads. I can't remember how many banks are available, but I'm assuming somewhere between 30 and 50.

The metronome function on the SPD-S is only for recording; there's no way to use it when playing back a sample. It does have an aux input though, so you can connect an external metronome source.

Al Scribani 05-10-2013 02:14 PM

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I think a DB90 plugged into the aux would do the trick perfectly.

Blackstone 05-10-2013 03:25 PM

Another solution for your click needs on the spd s....create a small one measure loop of a click track and run it that way. so hit pad 1 and it starts a loop that is your click.

I only have the SX but Im pretty sure the S is the same. 100 kits. But with the S you can play waves off of a compact flash card. so I believe your # of kits is really unlimited.

The spd sx you can run the metronome to your phones while not recording. and you have volume control of it and can have many combinations of output.

Naigewron 05-10-2013 04:45 PM

By the way, one thing I didn't consider in my last post: If you run a metronome through the aux input, it will also be output through the main outs along with everything else. As far as I know, there's no way to dedicate something to only go to the headphone out. So you'll probably not want to do that.

Shedboyxx 05-10-2013 07:56 PM

Along the same lines of what Blackstone says:

You can create a WAV of the entire song you are playing with music panned to one side and the recorded click panned to the other side.

This assumes you recorded a click with the song you are using. You bounce all tracks (except the click) to a mono Master track and the click to it's own track. You then pan them both hard to opposite sides and export that as a stereo WAV.

HTH

Jim