DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cymbals (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Zildjian 13" K hats alternative? (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106440)

JakkP 04-27-2013 11:33 PM

Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
Ive had 13" K series hats for about a year now and I adore the sound out of them, The only problem is for 5-6 years beforehand I used 14" hats and because of the smaller size I don't feel that I can really lay into them when needs be. What im looking for is basically the exact same sound, or as close as possible to the K's. Im not picky about brand, so any will do.
Thanks!

bobdadruma 04-28-2013 12:57 AM

Re: Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
Have you tried 14" K hats? They are only slightly different in sound to your 13".

ENRICO 04-28-2013 04:50 AM

Re: Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
dream bliss would be my first option, but you should also check out the contact series.

theSIOUX 04-28-2013 05:30 AM

Re: Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JakkP (Post 1134119)
Ive had 13" K series hats for about a year now and I adore the sound out of them, The only problem is for 5-6 years beforehand I used 14" hats and because of the smaller size I don't feel that I can really lay into them when needs be. What im looking for is basically the exact same sound, or as close as possible to the K's. Im not picky about brand, so any will do.
Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobdadruma (Post 1134143)
Have you tried 14" K hats? They are only slightly different in sound to your 13".


If you want to 'lay' into the same hats, just go with a larger size.



I for one want to go down to the 13" Ks. Lets trade, I've got 14s.

con struct 04-28-2013 07:02 AM

Re: Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JakkP (Post 1134119)
Ive had 13" K series hats for about a year now and I adore the sound out of them, The only problem is for 5-6 years beforehand I used 14" hats and because of the smaller size I don't feel that I can really lay into them when needs be. What im looking for is basically the exact same sound, or as close as possible to the K's. Im not picky about brand, so any will do.
Thanks!

!3" K hats sound great, they're what I've been playing for about 15 years. You won't duplicate that sound with bigger cymbals, so why not give yourself a chance to get comfortable with the 13s?

bobdadruma 04-28-2013 02:00 PM

Re: Zildjian 13" K hats alternative?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by con struct (Post 1134189)
!3" K hats sound great, they're what I've been playing for about 15 years. You won't duplicate that sound with bigger cymbals, so why not give yourself a chance to get comfortable with the 13s?

I agree Jay, I frequently lay into my 13 1/4" K Custom Hybrid hats and I love them.
I thought about buying the 14 1/4" size so that I would have the entire collection of K Cust Hybrid hats. I tried the 14 1/4" version of these hats and there really wasn't much difference so I didn't buy them.
I don't think that I have met a K series cymbal that I didn't like.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com