DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrummerWorld Site News (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Getting junk mails after registration... (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106347)

stevenleaton 04-24-2013 11:50 AM

Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Since signing up for this site, i now get at least 5 junk emails about Asian wife's etc a day... cheers x

keep it simple 04-24-2013 12:15 PM

Re: mod/admin team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenleaton (Post 1133004)
Since signing up for this site, i now get at least 5 junk emails about Asian wife's etc a day... cheers x

Only 5? I'd be asking for a refund (sorry, I forgot, this site is free)

Only joking ;)

Seriously, I very much doubt it's because of this site. When I turned 50, I got all manner of demographic related crap coming through. Anywhere you've entered your details online could be the source of increased traffic. Just your age, & the fact you happen to be male, can trigger a whole tidal wave of stuff.

Naigewron 04-24-2013 12:18 PM

Re: mod/admin team
 
Members' email addresses aren't visible on this forum, so it would be hard for a spambot to pick it up and use it. I'm guessing it's a coincidence.

Never had a problem with spam connected to this forum, but I do get loads of it in general. Luckily, the GMail spam filter is exceptionally good :-)

Anon La Ply 04-24-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Never had a spam problem from the forum.

porter 04-24-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
I'd really wager it's somewhere else. Drummerworld doesn't seem like the type of site that would sell your info to advertisers, especially not spammy ones like that.

Fuo 04-24-2013 05:35 PM

Re: mod/admin team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naigewron (Post 1133010)
Never had a problem with spam connected to this forum, but I do get loads of it in general. Luckily, the GMail spam filter is exceptionally good :-)

+1 I was gonna say that I never saw additional spam since signing up here, but maybe I did and gmail blocked it?

mxo721 04-27-2013 07:37 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
I've never had any spam, or any kind of emails through this site.

thunderstruck 04-28-2013 12:39 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Never a problem here.

BrandonXD 05-01-2013 12:57 PM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
I use hotmail and I've never received spam... So it's not just Gmail, it's probably just a coincidence

wombat 05-02-2013 08:09 PM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
: "want a bigger, wider drumstick in 40 days then click here...."

" more satisfied dudes named Tom than any other site"

."..click here and in ten days you will have thicker more resonant skin in ! day !!"

"After reading Drummerworld I got more consecutice rolls than ever before...'

" I became a sex simbol, symbal err cymbil" almost overnight.....

BrandonXD 05-03-2013 01:20 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat (Post 1136020)
: "want a bigger, wider drumstick in 40 days then click here...."

" more satisfied dudes named Tom than any other site"

."..click here and in ten days you will have thicker more resonant skin in ! day !!"

"After reading Drummerworld I got more consecutice rolls than ever before...'

" I became a sex simbol, symbal err cymbil" almost overnight.....

You have just won the entire Internet

aaajn 05-05-2013 01:33 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenleaton (Post 1133004)
Since signing up for this site, i now get at least 5 junk emails about Asian wife's etc a day... cheers x

That blows, I didn't get any.

XplosiveDrummer 09-25-2013 12:20 AM

Re: mod/admin team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keep it simple (Post 1133009)
Seriously, I very much doubt it's because of this site.

I seriously have to wonder if it is? Considering how much spam accounts sign up here, I'm left wondering if these scumbags find a way to gather info when people register.

I only used this current e-mail address ONE time and that was to sign up here at DW and have just received a spam e-mail. There is no other possible way for this e-mail to of been known about until I used it to sign up here.

This really sucks tbh.

Pocket-full-of-gold 09-25-2013 12:32 AM

Re: mod/admin team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by XplosiveDrummer (Post 1183292)
I seriously have to wonder if it is? Considering how much spam accounts sign up here, I'm left wondering if these scumbags find a way to gather info when people register.

I only used this current e-mail address ONE time and that was to sign up here at DW and have just received a spam e-mail. There is no other possible way for this e-mail to of been known about until I used it to sign up here.

This really sucks tbh.

Wouldn't the rest of us be getting spammed also?

BacteriumFendYoke 09-25-2013 12:40 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
It may happen. There are automated bots out there that are designed to skim email addresses from forums like these.

The easiest solution is to simply make the email invisible. That's quite trivial to do. You can put the address on a 'vCard' that has to be downloaded but that isn't directly viewable from the site and would require another step in the bot's procedure.

I've never had a problem with spam on here. With my current email address or the addresses I've used since 2004.

GRUNTERSDAD 09-25-2013 01:00 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
As a Mod I can tell you that we would never spam you with an Asian womens web site. We only use Scandinavia. Joking of course

XplosiveDrummer 09-25-2013 01:17 AM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
lol Grunter, Asian, Scandinavian, as long as it's women I don't mind. :D

I guess there really wasn't a reason to rant about it as I'm not sure if Bernhard or any other admin can do something about it and/or to prevent it in the future for others but it was an invasive feeling to get that e-mail when all I've used the account for was to sign up here. Guess I was just one of the unlucky ones. You know what they say, lucky in life, unlucky with e-mail spam lol. :)

SgtThump 09-27-2013 04:21 PM

Re: Getting junk mails after registration...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenleaton (Post 1133004)
Since signing up for this site, i now get at least 5 junk emails about Asian wife's etc a day... cheers x

Can you please forward those to me?

My email is asianwomenarefinghot@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Chris


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com