DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pedals (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Gibraltar GCP cajon pedal (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105751)

kuren84 04-02-2013 05:41 PM

Gibraltar GCP cajon pedal

Hi all I just wanted to share. I received my new cajon pedal today and although I have only played with it of a short while I think it's going to be perfect. What a great product.

longgun 04-02-2013 05:56 PM

Re: Gibraltar GCP cajon pedal

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuren84 (Post 1125394)
Hi all I just wanted to share. I received my new cajon pedal today and although I have only played with it of a short while I think it's going to be perfect. What a great product.

Congrats......I've been thinking about doing the same thing

kuren84 04-03-2013 08:28 AM

I have it set up with a hi hat, snare, 10" tom, HHX crash and a splash. Perfect for the acoustic sets that we do. I will post some pics as tomorrow.
Kevin

longgun 04-03-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuren84 (Post 1125415)
I have it set up with a hi hat, snare, 10" tom, HHX crash and a splash. Perfect for the acoustic sets that we do. I will post some pics as tomorrow.
Kevin

would like to see those pics..........

kuren84 04-04-2013 09:55 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all here are two pictures of my current setup with my new pedal. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Kevin

Beam Me Up Scotty 04-05-2013 06:35 PM

No suggestions, but I must say that is a wonderful looking set up. I never actually knew that you could play a cajon with a pedal; you learn something new every day!
Very nice :)

Deathmetalconga 04-06-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuren84 (Post 1125869)
Hi all here are two pictures of my current setup with my new pedal. Any thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Kevin

Wow! Very sharp setup. I assume the snare, toms and cymbals come from a larger set, and you just change it up for smaller venues? How do you use this - busking, coffeehouses, easy transport for practice?

I don't play cajons because they're too trendy, but I have to admit you've done a great job rethinking the cajon as a bass drum. Can you also play it with your hands when called for, or does the beater get in the way?

kuren84 04-07-2013 08:47 AM

Hi, yes the cymbals, tom and snare come from my Mapex Maple Meridan kit. Transport is really simple and i will be using it for small venues, coffee house gigs and busking. I can also mic the cajon as i normally would so can have it louder if needed. It's still possible to play the cajon with your hands and as the cajon has adjustable snare wires inside i can play it like that.
Thanks for your comments
Kevin