DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Snare drum bags (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105621)

keanyew 03-29-2013 06:26 AM

Snare drum bags

Hey guys,

Any good recommendation on a 14x5.5 Snare Drum Bag?

Thanks.

Aeolian 03-29-2013 06:53 AM

Re: Snare drum bags

I like the Protection Racket bags I have but I've been impressed with the new Ahead bags. I'll probably get one soon as I typically bring two snares to gigs and it's easier to tell them apart if the bags are different. The GC house brand thing I have now isn't up to the standards of these two. A friend of mine has an Ahead endorsement and a full set of the new bags. They are well thought out, well put together and have kept his Craviattos safe though the last year of touring.

porter 03-29-2013 07:13 AM

I recently got a Protection Racket 3007 softcase for my 13x5" snare drum, it's a very very nice bag. Soft & thick faux-wool padding on the inside and considerable rigidity through the construction. Nice & bulky zipper mechanism and a convenient carrying handle. Plus there is a nice rubber slot on the back that you can put contact info on, I put mine on the card and also drew it on around the logo with a silver Sharpie. No problems with carrying and I think it would very much survive a drop with my stave snare inside. Plus it's big enough to fit my drum's DW MAG throwoff, which is by the way, a huge PITA because it extends ~3/2" out from the drum and another ~1/2" down past the bottom hoop when off. But the PR can still hold it with an ADDITIONAL adjustable butt on the other side, none of which I accounted for when buying the 13x5" case.

I recommend it.

digibird 03-29-2013 10:07 AM

I've always liked the Humes & Berg Tuxedo and Galaxy bags.

keep it simple 03-29-2013 11:41 AM

Go the extra mile & get a Protection Racket AAA rigid case. All the advantages of a soft case, with all the protection of a hard case. Win win.

AxisDrummer 03-29-2013 12:23 PM

I was on a budget, so I bought lightly padded Gator bags for all my drums at a great price on Amazon. Been pretty happy with them. Zippers seem sturdy. Drop a drum and I can't promise it'll survive. But the bags at least prevent anything happening from light banging against walls/each other when transporting them to and from gig.

BigDinSD 03-29-2013 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you gotta go bag or soft case, definitely check out the Ahead Armor Series bags. The Tear Drop shape allows for any bulky throw-offs. Nicely padded and thick inside. I use these with my PDP FS birch kit I gig with. If I gigged with my DW's, definitely hard cases. I couldn't get myself to buy cases that were more expensive than the drums.

HOWEVER, for my snares - I exclusively use SKB hardcases since they're worth more than the rest of the drums I gig with. Consider a used SKB case if funds are tight. If you have an expensive snare - think about it?