DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Gear (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tempus Drums (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103587)

cantstandyourfunk 01-29-2013 09:32 PM

Tempus Drums
 
I play a Tempus 14x6.5' fibreglass snare drum, and I'm soon gonna get a whole new kit, because I have BEEN HOOKED to the incredible sound and craftsmanship of these babies, not to mention the amazing one-man industry that is Mr Paul Mason. Anyone else in here play Tempi??

kingstonmike 01-30-2013 05:32 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Yes, I play both Tempus and Milestone drums.
I got the Milestone's first, then I had Paul build me a kit.

Mike

uniongoon 01-31-2013 08:37 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Sold my Milestones last year, but it was an awesome virtually indestructible road kit. Also recorded great. My kit actually made it to vinyl, David Wilcox, Breakfast at the Circus (layin pipe).

kingstonmike 02-01-2013 05:24 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by uniongoon (Post 1105811)
Sold my Milestones last year, but it was an awesome virtually indestructible road kit. Also recorded great. My kit actually made it to vinyl, David Wilcox, Breakfast at the Circus (layin pipe).

"Layin' Pipe" - great tune, great groove!

Anduin 02-01-2013 08:21 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingstonmike (Post 1105298)
Yes, I play both Tempus and Milestone drums.

So those 2 really are the same, is that true?

Ive got a Tempus popcorn (10 inch) snare. Loud as f^(% !!

The snare-side head that came with it wasnt a proper snare-side head, and there was some glue oozing out here and there between the (not-fibreglass!) shell and the wrap, but once I addressed those 2 problems it turned into a great, fab-looking, loud little left-side snare.

uniongoon 02-02-2013 06:21 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Tempus bought Milestone. Milestone had die cast hoops, DW bought the hoop machines, other than that, Milestone and Tempus are same shells, but Paul took it further and offered different varieties like Carbon Fiber.

ANIMALBEATS 02-03-2013 07:35 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
You know he's shutting down?

This is his stock list.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tempu...94123140648078

RickP 02-06-2013 03:41 AM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
I have a black fibreglass Tempus kit 20 x 17; 12 x 8 and 14 x 14 with matching 6.5 x 15 snare. I also have a Milestone Black Fibreglass 16 x 14 floor tom. I originally bought the Tempus kit to use for outdoor gigs and gigs in less savoury establishments due to it's near indestructibility and treat volume threshold. I must say I am really impressed with these drums, they sound warmer than you think, really easy to tune and impervious to weather.

I currently have Evans G Plus white coated batter heads on the toms, an Evans ST coated on the snare and an Aquarian Superkick 1 on the bass drum.

cantstandyourfunk 06-26-2013 07:45 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Strange that only four or five of us are on this thread so far: is there a merge?

cantstandyourfunk 06-26-2013 08:03 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANIMALBEATS (Post 1107049)
You know he's shutting down?

This is his stock list.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/tempu...94123140648078

Not shutting down: he is handing over his business.

master67 07-19-2013 10:43 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
I play Tempus drums. Ive had three Tempus kits before. Now I got two of them. Very good sounding drums!!
First kit have these sizes: 20x18-8x6-10x7-12x9-14x14-5x14. Blue sparkle finish.
Second kit have these sizes: 22x18-10x7-12x8-16x16-6x14. Silver sparkle finish.
Both kits in Fiberglass.
I also have two more snares form Tempus:
8x14 White Glitter finish in Fiberglass and 5x13 Aplha Gold Glitter finish in Carbonfiber.
So you could say im a fan of Tempus!!!

slingerlandfreak 09-17-2013 07:58 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Can somebody update me about Tempus Drums, are they still possible to order or not? I am not interested in stock drums listed on official site because i want these sizes to order :20x8,10x6,13x7 and 13x4,75 snare Carbon Fibre ...
Thanks for all information guys

Deathmetalconga 09-30-2013 10:59 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
I would love to check out some carbon fiber drums. I have played with a guitarist using a carbon fiber dreadnought and it was LOUD - hardly needed amplification. Yet the sound was full and rich. Really amazing tone. So I could only imagine what a carbon fiber drum set sounds like.

Once you think about it, carbon fiber is just synthetic wood with all of the advantages distilled into a controlled form. Light, strong, resonating fibers to enrich the sound.

slingerlandfreak 10-12-2013 12:40 AM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga (Post 1184891)
I would love to check out some carbon fiber drums. I have played with a guitarist using a carbon fiber dreadnought and it was LOUD - hardly needed amplification. Yet the sound was full and rich. Really amazing tone. So I could only imagine what a carbon fiber drum set sounds like.

Once you think about it, carbon fiber is just synthetic wood with all of the advantages distilled into a controlled form. Light, strong, resonating fibers to enrich the sound.

i was sold on the Tempus 13x4,7 snare demonstrated on the drumcentreNH video and i am owner of very nice Brady Jarrah Block 12x7 snare....i think that if it is true that these drums are extremely light to carry and sound great like on the youtube videos and when they are resistent on scrathes etc... i am more and more interested to buy one nice CF Set... i contacted also the MING DRUMS because they seem to produce thin carbon shells but no one is answering....i am totaly with you on your claims about this material

cantstandyourfunk 11-12-2013 06:47 PM

Re: Tempus Drums
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slingerlandfreak (Post 1188473)
i was sold on the Tempus 13x4,7 snare demonstrated on the drumcentreNH video and i am owner of very nice Brady Jarrah Block 12x7 snare....i think that if it is true that these drums are extremely light to carry and sound great like on the youtube videos and when they are resistent on scrathes etc... i am more and more interested to buy one nice CF Set... i contacted also the MING DRUMS because they seem to produce thin carbon shells but no one is answering....i am totaly with you on your claims about this material

Hi there, here you go: http://www.tempusdrums.com/

Not extremely light to carry, actually, could be on the contrary. But play 'em. You won't turn back.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com