DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Animals as Leaders - CAFO cover ...on piano ! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102204)

egbt4 01-09-2013 07:21 PM

Animals as Leaders - CAFO cover ...on piano !
 
A friend dared me to attempt to play that song, it was really fun and challenging at some parts, anyway here is my take on it :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ToTUn3A5I

NerfLad 01-10-2013 03:00 AM

Re: Cafo cover .... on piano !
 
Very cool! Any video of you playing it by chance?

egbt4 01-10-2013 07:32 AM

Re: Cafo cover .... on piano !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NerfLad (Post 1096473)
Very cool! Any video of you playing it by chance?

Sadly i never had the chance to film my piano / drum covers, i can't afford a decent camera at the moment. So, no video yet, sorry .

Arky 01-10-2013 10:08 AM

Re: Cafo cover .... on piano !
 
Hey, very well done! That must have been quite som ework.
I'm not familiar with the orig. composition but your version seemed as if the piano was the instrument that tune was designed for. The piece lost me during the 2nd half though, it just sounded like another tune was starting (and I like the 1st half more) - that's not your fault ;-)

One general remark: It's always a good idea (and I highly advocate this) to create informative thread titles. So while some Animals For Leaders fans might exactly know what "Cafo" means... I didn't. I had to click, then see what that would be. So without further blah blah what I would _always_ do (if I had covers) would be something like:

"A - B cover" or "B - A cover", with A/B being the band/song - best with no abbreviations. Just my personal preference - makes life easier I think.

egbt4 01-10-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Cafo cover .... on piano !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 1096557)
One general remark: It's always a good idea (and I highly advocate this) to create informative thread titles. So while some Animals For Leaders fans might exactly know what "Cafo" means... I didn't. I had to click, then see what that would be. So without further blah blah what I would _always_ do (if I had covers) would be something like:

"A - B cover" or "B - A cover", with A/B being the band/song - best with no abbreviations. Just my personal preference - makes life easier I think.

Yes you're right, but i don't think i can edit the title of the thread now ..

Arky 01-10-2013 02:03 PM

Re: Animals as Leaders - CAFO cover ...on piano !
 
Ok - done.

I'm glad you agree with what I said as a general comment. Makes everything easier, doesn't it. Haha.

egbt4 01-10-2013 02:05 PM

Re: Animals as Leaders - CAFO cover ...on piano !
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 1096586)
Ok - done.

I'm glad you agree with what I said as a general comment. Makes everything easier, doesn't it. Haha.

Haha thank you very much , it does make things easier indeed !


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com