DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Your Playing (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My new CD is finally finished!!! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101002)

drumming sort of person 12-22-2012 03:52 AM

My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
http://www.paulmarangoni.com/Trio/Auditur_Periculosum

GRUNTERSDAD 12-22-2012 03:58 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
The band sounds great and the Gretsch look marvelous.

drumming sort of person 12-24-2012 07:51 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 1087706)
The band sounds great and the Gretsch look marvelous.

thank you! Yes, I'm very pleased with how the drums worked out. :)

larryace 12-24-2012 08:22 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Nice stuff Paul! Very atmospheric while not being too spacey. People want different things from music, I am curious if you plan to market this and if so, did you have a plan of action for it? Like does anybody really make money from CD Baby? That's the only site I know of where anyone can sell their stuff, I'm sure there's others.

Or did you have other intentions for this CD?

Mad About Drums 12-24-2012 08:50 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Wow Paul, this is amazing stuff, I loved it, a lot :)

The production is superb and the drums sound very good.

I'm hearing different type of influences here, and while you've described the origin of those songs I couldn't help to hear some Jeff Beck with a touch of Al Di Meola coupled with a zest of Joe Satriani within the guitar(s) playing, your drumming was very reminiscent of a certain Simon Phillips, coincidence?

Absolutely wonderful CD man, it's a niche music, but you should have plenty of success, a five star rating from me.

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas :)

NerfLad 12-24-2012 08:52 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Very nice! I'm into this kind of hard fusion stuff. Nice drumming too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by larryace (Post 1088751)
Nice stuff Paul! Very atmospheric while not being too spacey. People want different things from music, I am curious if you plan to market this and if so, did you have a plan of action for it? Like does anybody really make money from CD Baby? That's the only site I know of where anyone can sell their stuff, I'm sure there's others.

Or did you have other intentions for this CD?

Bandcamp is a good one too.

http://bandcamp.com

keep it simple 12-24-2012 10:54 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Wonderful vibe & sounds. So heartening to know someone's still making music of this quality. Kudos to you Paul, & your band mates for pulling this off. Super impressive :)

Anon La Ply 12-25-2012 11:42 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Very impressive musicianship.

drumming sort of person 12-26-2012 05:34 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Wow, thank you very much guys. It's really nice to be appreciated, especially by other drummers/musicians.

I honestly have no plan as far as marketing. I've been too busy recording, mixing and mastering. On top of that, my parents health has been deteriorating and my girlfriend's mom just succumbed to cancer on Christmas eve. It's been a crazy, difficult few months to say the least.

Once I get home next week I'll look at selling on cdbaby I guess. I think my best bet may be reaching out directly to folks like you guys on various forums, and hopefully try to get reviewed in magazines and periodicals. Make sense?

Happy Boxing Day!

Paul

keep it simple 12-26-2012 05:41 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumming sort of person (Post 1089392)
Wow, thank you very much guys. It's really nice to be appreciated, especially by other drummers/musicians.

I honestly have no plan as far as marketing. I've been too busy recording, mixing and mastering. On top of that, my parents health has been deteriorating and my girlfriend's mom just succumbed to cancer on Christmas eve. It's been a crazy, difficult few months to say the least.

Once I get home next week I'll look at selling on cdbaby I guess. I think my best bet may be reaching out directly to folks like you guys on various forums, and hopefully try to get reviewed in magazines and periodicals. Make sense?

Happy Boxing Day!

Paul

It makes much sense Paul. Keep strong with your family challenges. Take time to appreciate & support your parents. Build smiles, for those are memories, but also take time for yourself. It's all a tough ride, I know it only too well. Try to keep up with your CD project, even when all around you is proving too much. You'll need distraction, & your music is so worth it. Truly - wonderful stuff.

Andy.

drumming sort of person 01-19-2013 06:13 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
http://images.cdbaby.name/t/h/thetrioofstridence.jpg

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

drumming sort of person 06-07-2013 05:39 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
For a limited time, I'm offering my CD "Auditur Periculosum" to anyone here for only $8, shipping included, anywhere on the planet. Just send me $8.00 U.S. via paypal. Be sure to include your mailing address.

My paypal email account is paypal at paulmarangoni.com.

Samples available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

hyruleherojoe 06-07-2013 05:51 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Is the song Dr.Slump a reference to the manga "Dr. Slump"? By the creator of Dragon Ball?

drumming sort of person 06-09-2013 06:10 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyruleherojoe (Post 1148224)
Is the song Dr.Slump a reference to the manga "Dr. Slump"? By the creator of Dragon Ball?

Yes, it is! But it was written by Steve Khan, not us. Here's what he had to say about the title:
Quote:

Though I've stated this before, one of the most difficult things after all the stages of composing an instrumental piece of music are completed is to give it a title. In the end, I think that it really is best to try to come up with a title that is not frivolous, silly, or stupid, because you have to live with that forever. Of course, a title can have humor to it. The title for this tune, "Dr. Slump," in 20/20 hindsight, does not fit the mood of this piece and I regret this title. I've always been a fan of graphic design and during the years between '77-'85 when I was able to visit Japan often, I began to collect these little comic books which were titled, "Dr. Slump." I believe at that time that it had also become a popular children's cartoon show on TV. Of course, not knowing the language I had no idea what these books were about and knew nothing of the characters. It just seemed so strange to me that any character's name could actually be 'slump' because of the negative associations we, as North Americans, have with this word. For me, I immediately think of a batter in baseball going into a hitting 'slump.' So, that's where the title came from.

AirborneSFC 06-10-2013 09:36 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Great work! Really impressed by not only the music but the quality :)

drumming sort of person 06-12-2013 07:04 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AirborneSFC (Post 1149454)
Great work! Really impressed by not only the music but the quality :)

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. :) I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Chaos_Inferno 06-12-2013 07:46 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
After a couple of clips I downloaded the album from CD Baby... mostly because I didn't want to wait for a physical CD. Very cool stuff, looking forward to hearing all of it!

drumming sort of person 06-12-2013 05:08 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos_Inferno (Post 1150032)
After a couple of clips I downloaded the album from CD Baby... mostly because I didn't want to wait for a physical CD. Very cool stuff, looking forward to hearing all of it!

Thank you!!!! I hope you dig it!

drumming sort of person 07-14-2013 05:56 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV5b_J5_Mg

GRUNTERSDAD 07-14-2013 07:33 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
I just ordered your new CD through Paypal and am looking to play it all the way through. Your influences were almost identical to mine although I didn't do as much with them other than be a listener. I will await it's arrival. Johnny

drumming sort of person 07-14-2013 07:52 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Thanks John. I hope you like the record. :)

Paul

GRUNTERSDAD 07-19-2013 12:01 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
The CD is in the player as we speak. On the 7th track. So far its wonderful and the drums sound fantastic. You three, or five, have done yourselves proud. I will post more after a few more listens. Congrats

drumming sort of person 07-19-2013 05:39 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Thank you very much! I am so glad that you like it. It really means a lot.

When you're immersed in a project for many months (actually, a couple years) you tend to lose perspective and start to think it's all a waste of time.

IDDrummer 07-19-2013 07:59 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
That was most definitely not a waste of time. That was fantastic! Excellent musicianship, excellent sound quality, and a very interesting composition. This genre of music often loses my interest in a short while, but this didn't at all.

Awesome work!

drumming sort of person 07-20-2013 06:03 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Thanks IDDrummer! You're too kind. :)

drumming sort of person 08-13-2013 04:12 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfV5b_J5_Mg

drumming sort of person 12-28-2013 01:08 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
For a limited time, I'm offering both of my CDs "Auditur Periculosum" along with "Pastrami Standards" to anyone here for only $10, shipping included, anywhere on the planet.

Just send me $10.00 U.S. via PayPal and I'll send you both CDs. That's only $5 each! Be sure to include your mailing address.

My PayPal email account is paypal at paulmarangoni.com.

Samples available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

keep it simple 12-28-2013 07:51 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumming sort of person (Post 1212658)
For a limited time, I'm offering both of my CDs "Auditur Periculosum" along with "Pastrami Standards" to anyone here for only $10, shipping included, anywhere on the planet.

Just send me $10.00 U.S. via PayPal and I'll send you both CDs. That's only $5 each! Be sure to include your mailing address.

My PayPal email account is paypal at paulmarangoni.com.

Samples available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

Hi Paul, money sent (BTW, you should ask for money to be sent as a private gift, then Paypal won't charge you, & you receive the full $10).

I think what you've achieved is superb, & should be supported. Really looking forward to receiving the CDs.

Andy.

drumming sort of person 12-28-2013 08:13 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Thanks Andy, it's on its way. Let me know when you get them.


Paul

G-2 12-28-2013 09:15 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Paul, I'm really enjoying everything I've heard; Outstanding Job! Looking forward to your disks.

Dre25 12-29-2013 12:53 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Wow this is so smooth.

Your playing is beautiful.

drumming sort of person 01-11-2014 12:00 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Hey "keep it simple' and "G-2", did you receive the CDs yet?

drumming sort of person 01-11-2014 12:01 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dre25 (Post 1213069)
Wow this is so smooth.

Your playing is beautiful.

Oh man, thank you so much!

G-2 01-11-2014 12:20 AM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumming sort of person (Post 1218219)
Hey "keep it simple' and "G-2", did you receive the CDs yet?

Safe and sound here; love it!

Thanks Paul!

drumming sort of person 03-23-2014 07:53 PM

Re: My new CD is finally finished!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by drumming sort of person (Post 1212658)
For a limited time, I'm offering both of my CDs "Auditur Periculosum" along with "Pastrami Standards" to anyone here for only $10, shipping included, anywhere on the planet.

Just send me $10.00 U.S. via PayPal and I'll send you both CDs. That's only $5 each! Be sure to include your mailing address.

My PayPal email account is paypal at paulmarangoni.com.

Samples available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thetrioofstridence

I'm going to offer these two CDs for $10 again this week if anyone wants to take advantage of it. Two CDs for the price of a coffee and donuts. :)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com