DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM

DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Lounge (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!! (http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100464)

drummingman 12-14-2012 03:28 AM

WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

So, what do you all think about the mayan thing about 12-21-12?

OrangeAgent27 12-14-2012 03:42 AM

Re: WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!

Sounds like someone needs to do some research.

Pocket-full-of-gold 12-14-2012 03:44 AM

I don't.

inneedofgrace 12-14-2012 05:02 AM

We're all gonna die? Sounds like some kind of "revelation". ;)

drummingman 12-14-2012 05:31 AM

I dont buy into the mayan thing at all. But i know that a lot of people are talking about it.

Smokestack 12-14-2012 05:56 AM

We'll all die when the lord Jesus takes us.
Not when a false prophet says.
Praise him.

aydee 12-14-2012 05:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxTeeX4iIQo

ha!

Manningluck 12-14-2012 06:00 AM

Stressing out about dying takes 10 years off your expected lifespan.

yah i don't really know

Smokestack 12-14-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manningluck (Post 1084052)

yah i don't really know

How to spell ????????

con struct 12-14-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokestack (Post 1084053)
How to spell ????????

How are you doing there, Smokestack? All ready for Christmas?

Smokestack 12-14-2012 06:06 AM

I'm always ready for Christmas
praise god

Pocket-full-of-gold 12-14-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokestack (Post 1084050)

As long as he has the good sense to wait til I've finished my beer, I guess I can tag along.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokestack (Post 1084056)
praise god

A capital G is usually associated with that particular diety, no? Or is it only the heathen that may be called out for spelling errors?

slowrocker 12-14-2012 07:09 AM

I have the perfect theory about why the Mayans say the world will end this year. Ok, so it was like a super long time ago and they were making their calenders and they worked for like years and years on them, finally the guys got so sick of it and one of them said "lets just say that this is when the world ends and we can quit wasting our time making these calenders" the others all thought that it was a good idea and they stopped making calenders and made a prophecy about the world ending. Find me one better theory and maybe I will believe that instead.

harryconway 12-14-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aydee (Post 1084051)

True that. Last extinction notice that got everyone (those people who worry about this stuff) was 1999/2000. Still here. Still swingin' it out huge. And so, we'll probably be here on 12-22-12.

nhzoso 12-14-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by con struct (Post 1084054)
How are you doing there, Smokestack? All ready for Christmas?

I see what you did there : )

GRUNTERSDAD 12-14-2012 04:01 PM

The Mayans made no prediction on the end of man. The fact is, the last known calendar they made ended on 12/21/12. So everyone can relax. R

Xero Talent 12-14-2012 04:39 PM

Yes, we're all gonna die.

Just not at the same time.

wsabol 12-14-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD (Post 1084215)
The Mayans made no prediction on the end of man. The fact is, the last known calendar they made ended on 12/21/12. So everyone can relax. R

Truth.

12/21/12 is simply when the Mayan calendar cycle ends and starts over. It'll be like December turning over to January... no big deal.

MaryO 12-14-2012 05:26 PM

Just so my new drums get here before then. I wanna go out playing my new Stage Customs, looking good and rocking out :)

larryz 12-14-2012 05:45 PM

I'm not scared of dying and I don't really care
If it's peace you find in dying well then let the time be near

OrangeAgent27 12-14-2012 05:51 PM

In the words of Dwight Schrute: if I'm dead, you guys have been dead for weeks.

caddywumpus 12-14-2012 06:23 PM

One word: nibiru. Don't believe me? Doesn't matter. In that split second you're screaming, I'll be laughing...

MikeM 12-14-2012 06:33 PM

Well, I don't know about the whole end-of-the-world thing, but it would certainly solve a lot of problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

Mad About Drums 12-14-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero Talent (Post 1084223)
Yes, we're all gonna die.

Just not at the same time.

This^^^^

I'm gonna live until I'm 127 years old... I still have some 70 odd years in front of me :)

MaryO 12-14-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad About Drums (Post 1084273)
This^^^^

I'm gonna live until I'm 127 years old... I still have some 70 odd years in front of me :)

This makes me happy! :) I think I'll have to try and keep up!

OrangeAgent27 12-14-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddywumpus (Post 1084258)
One word: nibiru. Don't believe me? Doesn't matter. In that split second you're screaming, I'll be laughing...

Lol. Yes, the planet that doesn't exist.

CCdrummer 12-14-2012 07:47 PM

I think there is a pretty obvious explanation here that everyone is forgetting about. (or never knew)

I believe that this date (date and year) and not just year that Neil Peart was alluding to in
"2112". So there is really nothing at all to fear as this is simply the date that the elder race of man will return, to claim the home, where they belong. They are also home to tear the temples down (that might piss off smokestack) and they are home to change.

tamadrm 12-14-2012 07:49 PM

I'll bet my 47 Radio King to your whatever,that we'll still be posting here on 12/22/12,and there after.And that's a serious bet....any takers?I also predict that Sticks in one of his pseudonims,will be back,and with a still newer kit.....and be banned again.That guy's like the Chuck Norris of drum forums.:)

Steve B

BacteriumFendYoke 12-14-2012 08:18 PM

All hail Lord Xenu!

Why, oh why does a Christian member decide to permeate this thread with his nonsense? I have no issue with people holding that view but I don't want to hear it. It's not like I go on and on about my hard Atheism at every possible juncture.

There was no disaster when the last calendar changed in the 17th Century. This 'Mayan Prophecy' is totally bull. I would use stronger language to describe it but the forum does not permit it.

8Mile 12-14-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamadrm (Post 1084339)
I'll bet my 47 Radio King to your whatever,that we'll still be posting here on 12/22/12,and there after.And that's a serious bet....any takers?I also predict that Sticks in one of his pseudonims,will be back,and with a still newer kit.....and be banned again.That guy's like the Chuck Norris of drum forums.:)

Steve B

It's a pretty good bet. If you lose, you won't have to pay up.

tamadrm 12-14-2012 08:41 PM

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking.It's like having a two headed coin,and calling heads all the time.:)

Steve B

The Old Hyde 12-14-2012 08:44 PM

The mayans couldnt predict their own end so why are we supposed to believe they predicted ours?

tamadrm 12-14-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke (Post 1084348)
All hail Lord Xenu!

Why, oh why does a Christian member decide to permeate this thread with his nonsense? I have no issue with people holding that view but I don't want to hear it. It's not like I go on and on about my hard Atheism at every possible juncture.

There was no disaster when the last calendar changed in the 17th Century. This 'Mayan Prophecy' is totally bull. I would use stronger language to describe it but the forum does not permit it.

I sir,...am with you,and agree this should be a forum of secular interests only.

The end is near......the end is near..........yeah and so's Christmas.:)

Steve B

Pocket-full-of-gold 12-14-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old Hyde (Post 1084363)
The mayans couldnt predict their own end so why are we supposed to believe they predicted ours?

Yeah, it could be argued that their track record on the prophesy front is somewhat lacking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 1084269)
Well, I don't know about the whole end-of-the-world thing, but it would certainly solve a lot of problems, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...

I haven't bothered to pay my mortgage this month mate, so I'm quietly confident.

tamadrm 12-14-2012 11:20 PM

Me thinks the catholics are sliently praying this won't happen,because it wasn't their idea:)

Steve B

Swiss Matthias 12-14-2012 11:44 PM

So you guys say my 2013 Mayan calendar I bought earlier this year isn't valid?
Maybe it's a fake then?
That's a bummer, it has nice pictures! So I should return it as long as I and the guy
who sold it to me are still alive it seems!!

inneedofgrace 12-15-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

If Christians are not allowed to post "nonsense", then Atheism and secularism is present by default. Besides, I don't really see anyone playing holier than thou on this forum.

I'm just hoping the Justin Bieber calendars aren't for sale as long as the Mayan ones were...

aydee 12-15-2012 07:29 AM

I think we all did die a little bit today when 20 kids were slaughtered in Newtown, CT.

Midnite Zephyr 12-15-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

All hail Lord Xenu!

Nonsense is saying you know for sure that which is unknowable.

BacteriumFendYoke 12-15-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inneedofgrace (Post 1084596)
If Christians are not allowed to post "nonsense", then Atheism and secularism is present by default. Besides, I don't really see anyone playing holier than thou on this forum.

I'm just hoping the Justin Bieber calendars aren't for sale as long as the Mayan ones were...

You mean:

Quote:

Not when a false prophet says.
Praise him.
Isn't an inappropriate religious comment on a thread? This is a secular forum. It is written in the rules. I'm not going around telling people that there is no God, although that is my personal conviction. To do so is damned rude, arrogant and demeans the intelligence of the other people here.

Zephyr, in terms of 'nonsense' I didn't mean his Christian beliefs, I meant the arrogance to assume that his view precedes all others. I'll admit that my wording was not exactly choice.

Secularism and Atheism are different things. Secularism prevents religion from influencing the agenda or laws of the body in which it is used, Atheism denies the existence of a deity.