Single braced drum stools?

Goreliscious

Anyone know of any single braced drum stools that aren't cheap and nasty? I'm trying to keep weight down, (as I like to take my own stool to gigs even if I'm using someone elses kit), but at the same time I don't want it to be uncomfortable/wobbly/not have a good height range etc.

Failing that, anyone know any double braced stools that aren't too heavy? I'm basically after something light, flat, sturdy and comfortable.

Cheers

That is a noble goal, but I haven't even seen a single-braced stool and all that I have ever seen are cheap.

I have the same need with my Roc-N-Soc Nitro. I swapped the ginormous seat with a small, cheaper seat to save room and it is plenty comfortable, but I am using the Nitro.

How about trying to find one of those wooden shell thrones? Buddy and all the jazz greats used to use them back in the day and I think DW actually continues to make one that you can actually adjust the height of. The cool thing is you can take the seat off the top and use it for storage of sticks and a light pedal, so it would kinda' double as a small trap case.

Definitely not cheap though, but it would definitely be stable if you found a solid one that wasn't height-adjustable.

I've come across a few single braced stools before but I remember some of them being kinda short - even for me - and I only sit slightly above 90 degrees.

I know those stools you're on about Bo - and they would be great - but I'm after something I can chuck in my bag and throw over my shoulder if we're getting the train to gigs etc.

Cheers for the replies thus far...

Back