My home studio and my kit

tolgapala

Hello everyone,

some of you might have seen my gear on some other posts but I just wanted to post a little update of my recent kit and gear.

Any questions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Tolga

l_0b42e0bf409c457ebd9a199f8deb1701.jpg

l_20d3de0f4256492e9c9c5b0977f066df.jpg

l_059bf17c5ee34dcbb06363d5ae202f05.jpg

I think that drum room may possibly be problematic since it is effectively a big cube. Also what does monitor #3 do all the way over there?

actually the drum room is very empty and therefore excited to be honest. I just use it for practice purposes as it is a temporary one for the time being as I don't own it to make proper sound arrangements. i will move the kit to an owned recording room shortly. as for the third monitor goes at home, it's just for working a little more convenient as I am used to working with multiple monitors and can't get enough of 'em. :)

i use it for visual aid when I record at home looking at the timecodes aside from having a click track in my ear and for extra working space for the drum plug-ins. I also read lyrics when I record vocals. not crucial but it is nice to work witrh three monitors. :)

hey guys,

here's an upgrade of my setup with samson 8kit drum microphone set. i have included a couple of sample recordings that i tried on the spot with a backing track from dave weckl's ultimate play along vol2.

the hihat was not miced when i recorded this one so the entire cymbals are coming from the overheads.

same untreated room as before. hope you enjoy it.

comments and questions are welcome as always.

cheers.

tolga

l_f68bd050f0f340e0ac5cc01649b3b51b.jpg

Attachments

• rock_intro.mp3
    512.1 KB · Views: 316
  • drumsample3.mp3
    2 MB · Views: 326
Nice sound & really good playing. That room has a bit of life in it, I like that.

hey there,

many thanks for dropping a line here. i am very glad you liked the samples. i think this is a very decent recording if not the best possible, considering the budget equipment like my behringer mixer and samson mics and no enhancements (no compression, no effects and on the spot quick tuning etc.) applied and I am pretty happy with the result, that's why i felt like sharing. :)

many thanks.
tolga

i am adding a couple of other samples with dfferent playing dynamics you might also like.

Attachments

• drumsample2.mp3
    1.3 MB · Views: 220
  • rock.mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 215
Yes, I very much enjoyed those samples. Being a simple rock player, I really got into the rock clip. I like your feel!

many thanks keep it simple!

i am flattered to hear that, being a former pro, but only an enthusiast recently trying to keep up with drumming. :)

and many thanks to you as well Pollyanna. both your comments are very important to me.

cheers.
tolga

Back