Jack Irons

goon

felt like i should preach the name of jack irons. i really loved his work in the chili peppers and particularly pearl jam. truly an underrated musician.

Love his playing on Uplift Mofo. That album is one of my favs. I always thought it was a crying shame they only ever recorded one album featuring the original line up. There's just something about the playing of Irons and Hillel Slovak on that record that really grabs me.

Can't say he was my favourite Pearl Jam drummer though. I did see him play with them in the late '90's. Thoroughly enjoyed what he did, but when I think of the drummers PJ have had, Abbruzzese just seems to have the prefect groove suited to that band IMHO.....but anyways, back to Jack.

Here's what little DW has to offer: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31224&highlight=jack+irons

One of the Pearl Jam's album, I like the most is TEN.

One of the Pearl Jam's album, I like the most is TEN.

That was Dave Krusen, Ian......Jack can be heard on a couple of selected tracks on Vitalogy, then again on No Code and Yield, where he even managed a couple of writing credits.

If you don't have the Chili Pepper's album 'The Uplift Mofo Party Plan'....I highly recommend it. There's some cool "Jack playing" on that one.

THANKS mate! I will get that one on Jack for sure...and I appreciate the reminder on Dave Krusen, I have forgotten his name previously. I do like his drumming on TEN, though.

That was Dave Krusen, Ian......Jack can be heard on a couple of selected tracks on Vitalogy, then again on No Code and Yield, where he even managed a couple of writing credits.

If you don't have the Chili Pepper's album 'The Uplift Mofo Party Plan'....I highly recommend it. There's some cool "Jack playing" on that one.

Does anyone know what cymbal that is Jack is playing on Neil Youngs mirrorball album? It's trashy / crashy all over it? (eg chorus on act of love)

Back