Chuck Mangione's bandmates perish in crash

T

trkdrmr

Two members of Chuck Mangione's band were among those who died in the plane crash in Buffalo last night.

A publicist for the famous jazz musician identified the band members as Gerry Niewood and Coleman Mellett. Through a rep, Mangione said, "I'm in shock over the horrible, heartbreaking tragedy."

The band was supposed to play a show in Buffalo tonight. That show has been canceled.

RIP gentlemen...thanks for the music!

Two members of Chuck Mangione's band were among those who died in the plane crash in Buffalo last night.

A publicist for the famous jazz musician identified the band members as Gerry Niewood and Coleman Mellett. Through a rep, Mangione said, "I'm in shock over the horrible, heartbreaking tragedy."

The band was supposed to play a show in Buffalo tonight. That show has been canceled.

RIP gentlemen...thanks for the music!

OMG!

I remember Gerry Niewood from Simon & Garfunkel fame. Wow! :-(

That hurts, man! My condolences to the family and friends of the Niewood and Mellett families.

They will be missed.

Last edited:
I have listened to Chuck since "Feels so good" on LP. He made musical magic with his band mates, and IIRC an up and coming dude named... Steve Gadd.

Back